Odd Scenarios

CalendarCow54

220 at Division 1 Kettering had a district alternate get in and place 5th becoming the state alternate, however the 3rd place match ended in a default. I don’t know the details but how ironic would it be for the district alternate to become the state alternate and get into both tournaments!?!
551FBE29-475B-41BE-A37C-41EC3AB19994.jpeg

Oh my gosh. I loved that kid! Intense young man. He won that 5th place match like Publisher's Clearing House had delivered his million dollar check. It was awesome!

The Shavers kid is big strong boy who does not get tired. The technique just isn't there yet but the Wayne coaches will do a great job and he will be a hammer the next two years. He will also have a great drill partner in Padilla (285) and those two will be a handful in any matchup. The Tracy (Northmont) kid is coming back from injury. Kid is a fighter and probably as good a kid as you will find off the mat. Probably wasn't worth the risk of going against Smith for third place and risk an aggravation. Hope he can go at state as if anybody has earned it he has.

The Shavers kid is big strong boy who does not get tired. The technique just isn't there yet but the Wayne coaches will do a great job and he will be a hammer the next two years. He will also have a great drill partner in Padilla (285) and those two will be a handful in any matchup. The Tracy (Northmont) kid is coming back from injury. Kid is a fighter and probably as good a kid as you will find off the mat. Probably wasn't worth the risk of going against Smith for third place and risk an aggravation. Hope he can go at state as if anybody has earned it he has.
WOW! I like him even more now. He is only in 10th grade!!! The young man is HUGE! Best of luck (and health) to them all!