OATCCC COVID-19 Return to Competition Recommendations

My question is why do conferences think inter-conference play is safer? If I host a meet with 5 teams, why does it matter what conference they are from in regard to safety? This is not sarcastic. I really don't know.

Less time on a bus, smaller competitions in sports like XC, easier to establish similar COVID procedures, participants more likely to come from communities with similar levels of community spread,....

Less time on a bus, smaller competitions in sports like XC, easier to establish similar COVID procedures, participants more likely to come from communities with similar levels of community spread,....

I'm not sure it makes much difference, but they are trying to do what is best to make a season exist for kids so I am supportive. Thanks for your answer.

Remember these are recommendations. It gives every meet director a logical and safe starting point to plan out the specifics of the meet and venue. I believe that's the full motivation of the recommendations.

Our league consists of 14 schools from multiple counties. Several of those counties are hot spots. Hope my league doesn't go that direction.

If schools according to state health department are supposed to prevent students from being within 6’ of a classmate for more than 15 minutes at a time, why is there such a fuss about an outdoor sport that won’t be doing that very thing? The world has lost its marbles!

If schools according to state health department are supposed to prevent students from being within 6’ of a classmate for more than 15 minutes at a time, why is there such a fuss about an outdoor sport that won’t be doing that very thing? The world has lost its marbles!

Yep, many people around each of us everyday are just waiting to be offended. Pansies...snowflakes...whatever perjorative fits. People afraid of their own shadows. These are the same people that need participation trophies lest they feel crushed emotionally by losing.