NW District 1 and 2 Division 1predictions (AND UPDATES)

Hooper419

Division I NW 1

Line 1 Springfield vs Wapakoneta , winner gets line 7 Ashland and ultimately Anthony Wayne in the District Semi’s.

Wow. Clifton’s 7 win Springfield team is really going to be in the District semis. Short lived against Anthony Wayne, but he will get there. Not sure why Bowsher went after Notre Dame instead of taking this prime Sectional Championship opportunity.

Line 9 v 10 Will Anthony Wayne break records against Waite?

Line 3 and Line 4 Mansfield Madison Comp vs. Lima Senior with the winner getting Line 11 Findlay in the Sectional Championship. I’ll go with Madison Comp for a round before Findlay punches their ticket to the District Semis.

Line 5 Notre Dame vs Line 6 Tiffin Columbian. Winner gets Line 8 Bowsher. Notre Dame chose the play in game (wont be close) and Bowsher immediately went after them? If I was them I personally would have went for the sectional Championship in the 1-2 bracket and called it a year, but they are going to get sent home by Notre Dame instead. One and done for Bowsher. ND will be Sectional Champs facing Findlay.

District Semi Finals

Line 15/16 Springfield vs. Line 16 Anthony Wayne- This wont be close. AW by 35

Line 17/18 Findlay vs. Notre Dame – As good as I thought Findlay would be all year, They have struggled against teams with fast guards. Losses to P Burg, Ross, Northview, and of course AW twice. I think Notre Dame's pressure gets them here. I’m not really sure why everyone attacked Perrysburg on the other side and let this matchup even happen.. but they did.

District Final- another blowout- Anthony Wayne over Notre Dame

NW District 2

Line 1 Bowling Green vs. Line 2 St. Ursula. Winner gets Line 5 Fremont Ross

St. Ursula should win this by a landslide and then Fremont Ross will handle business to get to the District Semis.

Line 7 Sandusky vs. Line 8 Start. Sectional Final- Start handles this one with ease.

Line 3 Perrysburg vs. Line 4 Southview with the winner playing Line 9 Clay

Perrysburg chose the play in game and will destroy Southview. They will then destroy Clay. Why would Clay pick this spot instead of a competitive game against BG? Nonetheless Perrysburg should make it to Districts by margins of 40 plus points both nights.

Line 11 Northview vs. Line 12 Whitmer. Sectional Final

What the heck happened here? Why did 5 seed Northview and 6 seed Whitmer go after Perrysburg who is playing well instead of Findlay? Avoiding Anthony Wayne... sure, but it’s going to be a tough road out of this spot. I could see this first one going either way, but I’ll take Northview in a close one at home.

District Semis Fremont vs. Start- Give me Ross

Perrysburg vs. Northview- It’s tough to beat a team 3 teams, but I will stick with Perrysburg

District Finals Ross vs. Perrysburg. Ross put it on P Burg @ P Burg last time. The jackets are playing a whole lot better, but I’m expecting Ross to pull it out.

NW 1 Anthony Wayne vs. NE 5 (probably Elyria Catholic

NW 2 Fremont Ross vs. NE 6 (probably Strongsville)

Last edited:

Northview did not look good against Whitmer last night. Maybe they were holding back for the tourney matchup.. We will see..

Springfield goes down to Wapakoneta. Most likely Coach Hodges last game in Holland per himself..

Perrysburg crushes Southview

Notre Dame cruises past Columbian.