Notre Dame

ND looks really good to start out this game. Rees with an excellent 3rd down screen call behind the blitz for an easy TD

ND looks really good to start out this game. Rees with an excellent 3rd down screen call behind the blitz for an easy TD
Same old same old. Cannot put a team away. Mediocre QB play. Defense on the field all second half. Way to good a program to have Coan, Pyne, Buchar as their guys.

I hope Freeman can do some things but ND panicked in hiring him. I get it at the time but there are/were more qualified people out there. Of course the timing of Kelly leaving did not help and was one last giant F you.

I dare say they look like a playoff team.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Jumped the gun on that one. Giving up 37 to this Oklahoma St team is not Playoff Caliber.

What happened to ND in the 2nd half? I'm honestly asking because I'm driving back from Dallas, so I didn't watch, but they were up 28-7. Coan should never throw the ball almost 70 times. And their leading rusher had like 20 yards, that isn't going to get it done.

Same old same old. Cannot put a team away. Mediocre QB play. Defense on the field all second half. Way to good a program to have Coan, Pyne, Buchar as their guys.

I hope Freeman can do some things but ND panicked in hiring him. I get it at the time but there are/were more qualified people out there. Of course the timing of Kelly leaving did not help and was one last giant F you.

Freeman looked scared to death with no sideline confidence or presence.

Jumped the gun on that one. Giving up 37 to this Oklahoma St team is not Playoff Caliber.

What happened to ND in the 2nd half? I'm honestly asking because I'm driving back from Dallas, so I didn't watch, but they were up 28-7. Coan should never throw the ball almost 70 times. And their leading rusher had like 20 yards, that isn't going to get it done.
Coan sucked is pretty much what happened. Whatever, pointless exhibition like I’ve said on here many times about non-playoff bowls.

He’ll be fine, don’t worry.

Agree with an earlier poster, ND panicked hiring Freeman. I like him and hope he does well. Did a great job at Cincinnati, but in todays college football world of immediate success demands and social media pressure, ND can't afford to let him learn on the job.

No major bowl win in 30 years is a systemic issue. We need to have a conversation about ND's blue blood status, as well as programs like Nebraska and Tennessee.
ND over the past 5 years has been the #6 program in the nation behind Bama, Clemson, UGA, OSU and OU. And they’re pretty even with OU and will be moving above them soon. Comparing ND to Tennessee and Nebraska is lunacy.

ND over the past 5 years has been the #6 program in the nation behind Bama, Clemson, UGA, OSU and OU. And they’re pretty even with OU and will be moving above them soon. Comparing ND to Tennessee and Nebraska is lunacy.

With nothing to show for it mind you. So I guess congrats. Says a lot when the best coach you've had in 30 years willingly bolts to Alabama/Saban's division.

Last edited:
Two playoff berths + domination over USC and Stanford. Basically no one has anything to show for any efforts if they don’t win the national title.

It's certainly a low point when you have to brag about dominating two extremely mediocre programs.

Complete failure all around. I’m sick to stomach thinking about this D going up against OSU’s Offense. They’re so f’d. Swarbrick is a r*tard for not pushing that series back a yr

No major bowl win in 30 years is a systemic issue. We need to have a conversation about ND's blue blood status, as well as programs like Nebraska and Tennessee.
They’ve been to a title game and 2 playoffs. Texas won the Sugar Bowl a few yrs ago, are they a blue blood?