Northwest Ohio Realignment

League bylaws are not legally binding; however, it is professional courtesy to honor the agreement.

I believe if they left the league sooner, they would need to pay to break the schedule contracts with league members which would technically be remaining based on the 2-year rule...which would be quite expensive. If the NLL gets an 8th team this summer, I doubt either side would be upset with moving the timeframe up, especially if that 8th (or 6th, 7th, and 8th) end up a cause of the dissolution of another conference and are free to do as they wish.

I still just can't get over how much Whitmer their pants with this whole thing.

Hey why not haha why let your league just die? In all seriousness just let Clay replace Maumee and do one crossover game between the NLL & TRAC based on previous year league standings.

I mean, for the umpteenth time...this is happening on both the small and large school side of things with the TAAC/NWOAL and TRAC/NLL situations because the public schools don't want to have to play the private schools anymore.

I mean, for the umpteenth time...this is happening on both the small and large school side of things with the TAAC/NWOAL and TRAC/NLL situations because the public schools don't want to have to play the private schools anymore.
We don't want to get a divorce and still live together. We want a complete split.

If the NLL Commissioner sees strange cars driving slowly by his house, it's probably just someone from Clay waiting on his call. I think they're taking turns. :)

Any word on Swanton's move? Although Napoleon has had some success in the NLL, with Maumee gone, they have got to be looking.

Any word on Swanton's move? Although Napoleon has had some success in the NLL, with Maumee gone, they have got to be looking.
What I took from last night's Evergreen BOE meeting was that Swanton and the other schools were waiting on Delta and Evergreen.

I've heard that Van Buren & Oak Harbor are looking to join the Northern Buckeye Conference. Does anyone know if there's validity to that?

WOULD dhsdog care to guess who the 3rd replacement team would be?

Guess? No clue. I'm starting to truly believe we have no desire to leave the WBL, and once PH left that would leave a 7 team league ranging from D1 bball BG to D6 football Archbold/LC. Still not sold on stability there.

However. Let's think out of the box. Let's say PH goes. Talk the Fulton County 3 into staying. Add Defiance, BG, Napoleon, Ottawa Hills, Northwood.

Big school:
BG
Defiance
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
Archbold (still say they'd compete well in everything)

Small school:
Swanton
Delta
Evergreen
LC
Ottawa Hills
Northwood

I could see everyone being happy in this arrangement. No crossovers, but plenty of room for games like LC/Napoleon to continue.

Leaves the 3 Williams County football teams stranded, but 2 of those should be 8 man anyway. Montpelier would just have to deal with it.

I've heard that Van Buren & Oak Harbor are looking to join the Northern Buckeye Conference. Does anyone know if there's validity to that?

I can’t understand why VB would want this move. The NBC isn’t a place they’ll walk into and win - it’s full of more teams that will be competitive night in and night out than the BVC. If they’re trying to get rid of LB winning in most sports, they’re not going to get away from that - see Eastwood.

Guess? No clue. I'm starting to truly believe we have no desire to leave the WBL, and once PH left that would leave a 7 team league ranging from D1 bball BG to D6 football Archbold/LC. Still not sold on stability there.

However. Let's think out of the box. Let's say PH goes. Talk the Fulton County 3 into staying. Add Defiance, BG, Napoleon, Ottawa Hills, Northwood.

Big school:
BG
Defiance
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
Archbold (still say they'd compete well in everything)

Small school:
Swanton
Delta
Evergreen
LC
Ottawa Hills
Northwood

I could see everyone being happy in this arrangement. No crossovers, but plenty of room for games like LC/Napoleon to continue.

Leaves the 3 Williams County football teams stranded, but 2 of those should be 8 man anyway. Montpelier would just have to deal with it.

I love that setup...see no issue whatsoever with it, so it absolutely, 100%, will not happen lol.

I think the NBC was exploring a two division set-up for a while last year in order to keep Elmwood and Woodmore happy. It involved some combination of schools like Van Buren, Ottawa Hills, Gibsonburg, etc. - but all of the schools approached declined. Now that Elmwood has bolted, I suspect they will wait on Woodmore to tap out and replace them with what should be a handful of willing candidates.

I think the NBC was exploring a two division set-up for a while last year in order to keep Elmwood and Woodmore happy. It involved some combination of schools like Van Buren, Ottawa Hills, Gibsonburg, etc. - but all of the schools approached declined. Now that Elmwood has bolted, I suspect they will wait on Woodmore to tap out and replace them with what should be a handful of willing candidates.

I believe this to be correct as well, although I am unsure of the number of willing candidates should Woodmore bolt. And at this point I'm not sure where Woodmore would bolt to. I'm not sure what their aspirations are at this point. They never jumped to the SBC and they haven't been mentioned in the Ken James League. I don't know what that leaves them.

I believe this to be correct as well, although I am unsure of the number of willing candidates should Woodmore bolt. And at this point I'm not sure where Woodmore would bolt to. I'm not sure what their aspirations are at this point. They never jumped to the SBC and they haven't been mentioned in the Ken James League. I don't know what that leaves them.

I would think one of: Oak Harbor, Napoleon, Bowling Green would be interested.

Swanton would probably be a good fit, but if they want to schedule themselves into league title contention dropping Wauseon and Archbold for Eastwood isn't going to change much for them.

Swanton would probably be a good fit, but if they want to schedule themselves into league title contention dropping Wauseon and Archbold for Eastwood isn't going to change much for them.
I keep hearing that the NBC wants Oak Harbor and that OH wants in the NBC.

So why is Maumee in the NBC?

The NBC would be way too much competition for what Swanton is looking for.

At this point, I would rather every AD, coach, and Admin of "importance" in Northwest Ohio would go sit at Ickey's or a KofC Hall and figure out how to realign every league. Basically treat it like speed dating and figuring out what everyone wants. But I know that will never happen so.....back to backdoor dealings

The NBC formally invited Oak Harbor (along with Maumee) to join the league. Oak Harbor did not respond per the NBC commish.

VB was one of the schools that the NBC was looking at in an attempt to keep Elmwood in an expanded NBC. With Elmwood going to the BVC and having formally invited PH to join, don't expect any movement from VB.

The NBC formally invited Oak Harbor (along with Maumee) to join the league. Oak Harbor did not respond per the NBC commish.

VB was one of the schools that the NBC was looking at in an attempt to keep Elmwood in an expanded NBC. With Elmwood going to the BVC and having formally invited PH to join, don't expect any movement from VB.

You're saying the BVC has formally invited Patrick Henry? That's news.

At this point, I would rather every AD, coach, and Admin of "importance" in Northwest Ohio would go sit at Ickey's or a KofC Hall and figure out how to realign every league. Basically treat it like speed dating and figuring out what everyone wants. But I know that will never happen so.....back to backdoor dealings

Inky's

An AD's convention. Probably not a bad idea. Might be some fisticuffs.