Northwest Ohio Realignment

This will make for some interesting playoff games, with unbeaten 1 and 2 seeds facing 6-4/5-5 TCC and SJJ teams that can beat them in the early rounds.

You pst that with a bit of wishful thinking?

No different than Cinci. ? Weve hashed this to death. TCC has almost no upsets in their record in the Dempsey era. The board has been saying for a long time, TCC needs to schedule up if they're going to quit blowing play-off games they should easily win. Both the players and the coaches need to stack their stuff against equitably built teams or less talented but better teams in order to get good measure and make adjustments before play-offs.

Last edited:
You pst that with a bit of wishful thinking?

No different than Cinci. ? Weve hashed this to death. TCC has almost no upsets in their record in the Dempsey era. The board has been saying for a long time, TCC needs to schedule up if they're going to quit blowing play-off games they should easily win. Both the players and the coaches need to stack their stuff against equitably built teams or less talented but better teams in order to get good measure and make adjustments before play-offs.
No, I think teams like Avon, AW, Perrysburg, Highland, Wadsworth, Avon Lake, Olmsted Falls, Brecksville that put together 10-0 or 9-1 regular seasons might face teams like TCC and SJJ in earlier rounds, due to those teams coming in with more losses than they typically have. If those losses are due to a schedule that solidly prepares them for the playoffs, it will be to their advantage. I thought the TRAC was a pretty good proving ground for most of its existence, though, and TCC, SJJ and SFD were meeting their match in the D2 playoffs in many seasons so coaching and other factors do enter into it.

No, I think teams like Avon, AW, Perrysburg, Highland, Wadsworth, Avon Lake, Olmsted Falls, Brecksville that put together 10-0 or 9-1 regular seasons might face teams like TCC and SJJ in earlier rounds, due to those teams coming in with more losses than they typically have. If those losses are due to a schedule that solidly prepares them for the playoffs, it will be to their advantage. I thought the TRAC was a pretty good proving ground for most of its existence, though, and TCC, SJJ and SFD were meeting their match in the D2 playoffs in many seasons so coaching and other factors do enter into it.
Speaking of Olmsted Falls, looking forward to them coming to Norwalk, Week 3.

IMHO, the only thing Defiance should entertain is stay firm in the WBL.

Swanton and Evergreen are gone for sure.

Delta needs to pass a levy before they worry about anything else.

Napoleon in discussions with NWOAL

This will make for some interesting playoff games, with unbeaten 1 and 2 seeds facing 6-4/5-5 TCC and SJJ teams that can beat them in the early rounds.

SJJ was going 5-5 against average competition for most of the last decade...you think they're holding that same record against the teams they'll be able to schedule as an independent after their Gateway All-Star group leaves? I've got some land on Dearborn Ave. I'd love to sell you.

Perrysburg has GWOC and OCC schools to worry about come playoff time, not TCC and SJJ

I don't understand this line of thinking at all.
Delta is facing a "Shut em all down" situation if they do not pass there levy in a couple weeks. All sports gone(no coaching contracts), extracurriculars-clubs, FFA, etc., not offering bussing to high schoolers and other students within a certain proximity to the school, laying off an administrator, 8 or 9 teachers, some bus drivers and a bunch of aides along with their gifted programs and 2 year kindergarten.
So...they have been running phone campaigns, going door to door, community awareness rally's and other things to try to pass this income levy. So, looking to their future league for 2-3 years down the road has gotten placed on the back burner.

Delta is facing a "Shut em all down" situation if they do not pass there levy in a couple weeks. All sports gone(no coaching contracts), extracurriculars-clubs, FFA, etc., not offering bussing to high schoolers and other students within a certain proximity to the school, laying off an administrator, 8 or 9 teachers, some bus drivers and a bunch of aides along with their gifted programs and 2 year kindergarten.
So...they have been running phone campaigns, going door to door, community awareness rally's and other things to try to pass this income levy. So, looking to their future league for 2-3 years down the road has gotten placed on the back burner.
I still don't understand this line of thinking at all.

A lot of schools threaten to do this and don't follow through with it.

A lot of schools threaten to do this and don't follow through with it.
For sure. There are a few of these I don't think would happen but unfortunately it is more effective to present the doomsday scenario approach to voters.
I still don't understand this line of thinking at all.
I'm with you to a point, it could be a perception thing from the community. I'm sure back channel discussions are being done and they will have a pretty good idea of how they want to proceed but holding public forums or presenting slideshows at a BOE meeting is not something they want to put forward to the community right now when the focus is on the levy.

If you're school doesn't have the sport that the other school has you can.
That is possible only if you are enrolled at a private school or charter school that doesn't offer a certain sport. Then a kid could play that sport in the public district where he/she resides or the public district in which the private school is located. If both schools in your scenario are public, then what you describe is not allowed. Only if a school shuts down its entire athletic program could you withdraw from that school and enroll at another. Even then the OHSAA would still have to rule you eligible on top of that.

Not saying it hasn't been discussed or at least brought up in NWOAL meetings but I haven't heard BG mentioned yet.
it has at the evergreen BOE meeting. They said “two schools have expressed interest in joining the NWOAL. Napoleon & Bowling Green”

The board meeting is on youtube and the date for it was March 20th

Any odd number doesn't work because it requires finding nonleague football games every week, and you could end up with a real mismatch very far away.

They need someone to create two divisions of 6.

Or, if Napoleon & BG both leave, which seems likely, the new NLL will need someone to create a league of 10.

I think Lima is the only choice.

Whitmer - 1625
Perrysburg - 1252
Findlay - 1175
Anthony Wayne - 1082
Northview - 1014
Springfield - 884
Clay - 874
Ross - 853
Lima - 817
Southview - 745
Bowling Green - 714
Napoleon - 506

it has at the evergreen BOE meeting. They said “two schools have expressed interest in joining the NWOAL. Napoleon & Bowling Green”

The board meeting is on youtube and the date for it was March 20th
Not everything that was presented by the BOE that night was 100% accurate.

For sure. There are a few of these I don't think would happen but unfortunately it is more effective to present the doomsday scenario approach to voters.

I'm with you to a point, it could be a perception thing from the community. I'm sure back channel discussions are being done and they will have a pretty good idea of how they want to proceed but holding public forums or presenting slideshows at a BOE meeting is not something they want to put forward to the community right now when the focus is on the levy.

Certainly agree with your point here... the league issue will be very divisive in the community. Several Delta families I know are dead set against leaving the NWOAL. They need everyone they can get on board with passing the levy and adding the league issue in the midst of it all would certainly turn some of them off. Definitely wise on their part to hold off on public discussions of this for now.

A96D2791-0470-48A8-BF0C-DFDF87ABC791.png

I'm still seeing a way for Bryan, Wauseon, and even potentially Archbold tp come aboard. If the NWOAL breaks up and Napoleon is staying in the NLL, they have nowhere to go. I'd imagine Napoleon would then push for them.

That would be 14, which is still not ideal but could be done with 7 league games, only one being crossover.

Big:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Springfield
Ross

Small:
Clay
Southview
Bowling Green
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
Archbold

I know Clay is bigger than Ross, but I switched them for travel and competitive purposes.

I'm still seeing a way for Bryan, Wauseon, and even potentially Archbold tp come aboard. If the NWOAL breaks up and Napoleon is staying in the NLL, they have nowhere to go. I'd imagine Napoleon would then push for them.

That would be 14, which is still not ideal but could be done with 7 league games, only one being crossover.

Big:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Springfield
Ross

Small:
Clay
Southview
Bowling Green
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
Archbold

I know Clay is bigger than Ross, but I switched them for travel and competitive purposes.
That league would hurt some Bryan egos.....

Big:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Springfield
Ross

Small:
Clay
Southview
Bowling Green
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
Archbold

This leaves Patrick Henry and Liberty Center without a home if Delta/Swanton/Evergreen make their expected jump.

I've said it before, but I'd love to see them in the GMC! (even if its unlikely.)

This leaves Patrick Henry and Liberty Center without a home if Delta/Swanton/Evergreen make their expected jump.

I've said it before, but I'd love to see them in the GMC! (even if its unlikely.)

And as mentioned previously in this thread Patrick Henry has an invite from the BVC

Slow down...everyone is tied to their league for a few years. Belcher did the easy thing here to keep harmony and peace for the NLL. In 2 years when the NWOAL offers they will accept.