Northwest Ohio Realignment

This is where NWO ends up.

BG and Napolean bolt NLL.

Clay
Fremont Ross
Findlay

those 3 are replacing Maumee, BG and Nap. on the NLL.

Whitmer and the 3 Catholics reform the City League with the TPS schools.

Lima is SOL.

Its ironic that Whitmer started all this, and will be in 2nd worse spot with the outcome outside of Lima.
MVL North could be an option. Not a perfect fit but better than nothing.

By far their best fit. Just need someone for the south. I know Trotwood is a no because getting away from them is why the MVL started. Bellbrook? Franklin?
Honestly If I was creating leagues, I'd actually split the Miami Valley League into 2 different conferences.

Western Interstate League:

Vandalia Butler
Greenville
Lima Senior
Piqua
Sidney
Troy
Tipp City Tippecanoe
Wapakoneta/Bellefontaine - The reason I always go for either of these 2 is that I can see Waynesfield-Goshen merging with Wapak at some point. Which would make it the biggest school in the WBL and similar in enrollment to this league and would function as a "Bridge" to Lima Senior. Bellefontaine already plays Sidney and could benefit from this league.

Suburban Dayton Athletic Conference:

Bellbrook
Clinton-Massie
Fairborn
Franklin
Stebbins
Waynesville
Wilmington
Xenia

West Carrollton to the SWBL. Kenton to the CBC if Bellefontaine is the one that joins the "WIL"

I know this is a NWO thread but the scenario contains a Lima Senior idea I've mentioned a time or 2 on this site. Probably even earlier in the thread.

Woah, did anyone see that NLL is looking to add three teams by “as soon as next week?”

Should be interesting to see nothing happen while we continue to debate about other things to pass the time (I’d really love to eat my words right now).

NLL to add 3 teams per Steve Junga at the Blade. Just posted the story.
EDIT: You beat me to it

Applications closed today. Have tentatively set a date for April 9 for their decision. Still waiting on Strack to post something.

Quick question. What will Maumee's excuse be when they do not win the NBC?
The argument was that Maumee couldn't compete in the NLL because of numbers and lack of depth. Logically it could be argued then that Maumee should be in the hunt for NBC championships in most sports based upon the fact that they are the largest school in the league.

For example I think that in football, Maumee is D3, there are two D4 schools, four D 5 schools, and a D6 school.

It will be interesting to see how Maumee will compete year in and out and if their large size will lead to dominance and championships.

The argument was that Maumee couldn't compete in the NLL because of numbers and lack of depth. Logically it could be argued then that Maumee should be in the hunt for NBC championships in most sports based upon the fact that they are the largest school in the league.

For example I think that in football, Maumee is D3, there are two D4 schools, four D 5 schools, and a D6 school.

It will be interesting to see how Maumee will compete year in and out and if their large size will lead to dominance and championships.
So, with the Div. 6 school...does that mean Woodmore is staying in the NBC?

This could happen...if...
Starts absorbs Woodward
Bowsher absorbs Rogers
Waite absorbs Scott
Put those three schools with the other 4 and things could work out.

Start and Bowser are already D1...not much more they can do there.

Combining Scott, Waite, and Rogers would be...interesting...

You can download the Blade Newslide app. It has todays edition but it also has a news alerts part for new stories or breaking news. I read the whole article.

It basically says that the NLL is going to select three schools for membership from any applications they receive by Friday. Original plans were 16 teams, but they didn't receive enough small school interest (probably had 15 teams set), then moved to 12, which was the plan until Maumee decided to leave. Once that happened, they ultimately settled on 10 members, as it still allows for a one-division league. The 7 remaining teams with vote on the teams this coming week, and im guessing BG and Napoleon would probably be rubber stamp votes.

My guess is they're doing it because they know there's a likelihood of two other teams leaving, and they don't want to have to go through the process again if they only added one.

Probably Clay, Fremont, and Findlay unless the drive to Fremont scared people off enough to be ok with adding Whitmer (which would surprise me even though Snook was sitting at the lead chair on this whole plan all the way back into last summer).

Last edited:
b
It basically says that the NLL is going to select three schools for membership from any applications they receive by Friday. Original plans were 16 teams, but they didn't receive enough small school interest (probably had 15 teams set), then moved to 12, which was the plan until Maumee decided to leave. Once that happened, they ultimately settled on 10 members, as it still allows for a one-division league. The 7 remaining teams with vote on the teams this coming week, and im guessing BG and Napoleon would probably be rubber stamp votes.

My guess is they're doing it because they know there's a likelihood of two other teams leaving, and they don't want to have to go through the process again if they only added one.

Probably Clay, Fremont, and Findlay unless the drive to Fremont scared people off enough to be ok with adding Whitmer (which would surprise me even though Snook was sitting at the lead chair on this whole plan all the way back into last summer).

yeah we might as well add Bowling Green & Napoleon to the NWOAL conversation l like before ! ... unless DHSDOG still thinks kenton drives are far more worth it than a 15-25 min drive down 24 to Wauseon or napoleon.....

Defiance has only won 3 or 4 games in football in the last 5 years, including both jv and varsity combined - within the last 4 years. i remember in the year 2016 (or) 17’ season where both freshman, jv, & varsity didn’t win a single game and went 0-30 in one season.. so i wouldn’t say adding them to the NWOAL wouldn’t be a bad idea.

plus, if Defiance does get added with Bowling Green and Napoleon, the NWOAL could be one of the best leagues in state for baseball.

Last edited:

They never had more than 12.

By adding Fremont, Clay and especially Findlay, it feels like the league is pushing Napoleon out the door. Which I don't think the other member schools would do. Which means the league must feel that Napoleon has their bags packed already.

I don't think BG will be content to be the smallest of 9 schools, but I don't know.

Last edited:
This is where NWO ends up.

BG and Napolean bolt NLL.

Clay
Fremont Ross
Findlay

those 3 are replacing Maumee, BG and Nap. on the NLL.

Whitmer and the 3 Catholics reform the City League with the TPS schools.

Lima is SOL.

Its ironic that Whitmer started all this, and will be in 2nd worse spot with the outcome outside of Lima.
Whitmer and the 3 Catholics will not rejoin the City League with the TPS schools.

By adding Fremont, Clay and especially Findlay, it feels like the league is pushing Napoleon out the door. Which I don't think the other member schools would do. Which means the league must feel that Napoleon has their bags packed already.

I don't think BG will be content to be the smallest of 9 schools, but I don't know.

they must feel like someone else has their bags packed as well because I don’t see a nine-team league going over well.

Whitmer and the 3 Catholics will not rejoin the City League with the TPS schools.

Yep...no chance of that happening, and I'd say there is probably a similarly small chance of Whitmer staying in with the private schools. Hell, Whitmer going to the City League has a higher likelihood IMO.

Agree with your second two paragraphs completely...but I still have it on pretty good authority that there were at least 2 small schools who reached out to the NLL with interest originally (Defiance and Liberty-Benton).

If it turn out for those 10 here is boys enrollment number. Napoleon sure looks like they don't belong and with redistricting in Sylvania those two schools will become closer behind leaving BG clearly the smallest school.

1617454622945.png

Agree with your second two paragraphs completely...but I still have it on pretty good authority that there were at least 2 small schools who reached out to the NLL with interest originally (Defiance and Liberty-Benton).
I was told that the Defiance superintendent showed a lot of interest, but nobody else thought it was a good idea.

Someone part of DCS may have more information.

I know 2 people at L-B but haven't talked with either one.

I

I agree with you. 10 is unwieldy for a conference. but it is doable though

They are being proactive thinking Napoleon and bg are going to hit the road.

Would bg and Napoleon be thinking about leaving if clay only was added and the nll called it good at that point? Adding two more schools forces the hand I think of Napoleon especially

Last edited: