Northwest Conference 2022

Yes that was a nice win. DJ at beginning of season was, for lack of better words, ho hum. I watched them play Ada and I was surprised at their physicality and that they actually looked good. They have been playing pretty well lately and I look for them to give Antwerp their 1st loss this year next week
Bold prediction cotton

Yes that was a nice win. DJ at beginning of season was, for lack of better words, ho hum. I watched them play Ada and I was surprised at their physicality and that they actually looked good. They have been playing pretty well lately and I look for them to give Antwerp their 1st loss this year next week
Saw Antwerp on our highlights last night. Didn't look impressive as I thought they might be. The GMC was not great this year.

Bold prediction cotton
I would have thought that as well earlier this year but looking at Antwerp's schedule doesn't look too impressive. Their opponents including last night's game is 45-71, while Delphos is 56-59. I know opponent's records are not the tell all, but it is a factor when you look at the competition you face

Jefferson has had a lot of potential but it’s very inconsistent. The ayersville game earlier this year was an example of that. They have been very mistake prone too. They were dominating ayersville, but gave up a kick return TD, and had a punt blocked, and missed some vital tackles to keep them in the game last night. That’s kind of been a thing all year. They are fully capable of beating Antwerp rather solidly…they are also capable of getting blown out of the water. Hard to say. That’s why they play the game. DJ’s been a rather odd, scrappy team the past couple years. 1 week they look bewildering, the next they are throttling teams they got blown out by and playing with coldwater like last year. It makes it infuriating, but also hopeful with the potential that there is when things click.

What's the outcome for the league going to be this week?

Delphos @ Antwerp - DJ surprised me with the win last week. Ayersville played Antwerp close in week 8, I think Antwerp is the favorite but DJ keeps it interesting.

Paint Valley @ Allen East - Don't know anything about Paint Valley but I'm picking AE in this one. Football in our area is just better than a lot of other areas in the state, Mustangs roll. Drew Pasteur has them picked to win by 25

Columbus Grove @ Northwestern - I don't think Northwestern's as good as their record looks, and Grove is better than their record. Black River fans after the game last week said Grove is much better than Northwestern. Black River and Northwestern both had similar scores against some common opponents, and the Dogs are playing really good football right now. If they can stop Northwestern's QB I take Grove big on the road trip.

Delphos @ Antwerp - DJ surprised me with the win last week. Ayersville played Antwerp close in week 8, I think Antwerp is the favorite but DJ keeps it interesting.

Paint Valley @ Allen East - Don't know anything about Paint Valley but I'm picking AE in this one. Football in our area is just better than a lot of other areas in the state, Mustangs roll. Drew Pasteur has them picked to win by 25

Columbus Grove @ Northwestern - I don't think Northwestern's as good as their record looks, and Grove is better than their record. Black River fans after the game last week said Grove is much better than Northwestern. Black River and Northwestern both had similar scores against some common opponents, and the Dogs are playing really good football right now. If they can stop Northwestern's QB I take Grove big on the road trip.
Only thing I would caution Black River played Northwestern at the beginning of the season.

AE rolls, DJ would be great but don't think so, CG is the one I'm not sure of looks like northwest can score, Grove would be in trouble if it's a shoot out, don't have the weapons .

Antwerp by one score - high scoring game
Allen East by 14
Grove by 20

Here we go again :rolleyes:
i agree that the dude isn't bright, but his point isnt unwarranted. grove has two offensive players that can make a difference, and in their games against the best teams they played this year they scored 13, 7, and 0 points.

So not that bright, but I have a point thanks....not talking about your RBs or your WRs, but your limited at a key offensive position, keep saying I don't live in reality or the other shots you guys take, but those are the numbers against good teams. I have no idea about northwestern you may win by twenty, but eventually a team like AE, Carey, or PH is going to make the guy who holds the ball every play have to win one for ya, you still confident about that,,, whatever and good luck....

So not that bright, but I have a point thanks....not talking about your RBs or your WRs, but your limited at a key offensive position, keep saying I don't live in reality or the other shots you guys take, but those are the numbers against good teams. I have no idea about northwestern you may win by twenty, but eventually a team like AE, Carey, or PH is going to make the guy who holds the ball every play have to win one for ya, you still confident about that,,, whatever and good luck....
every dip$hit is right everyone once in awhile.

and they aren't "my RBs and WRs". I don't care about Grove.

Columbus Grove has the best chance.
i think AE has a better shot at making the regional final. They get by Paint Valley tomorrow they will play either Cincinnati Country Day or Tri Village and neither of their schedules looks too impressive to me. I can only go on looking at who they played etc but I think AE's schedule while not fantastic, is better than either of those 2

Last edited:
I heard this same thing from one of the commentators on the NWO sports about Grove having a weak schedule. Everyone they played that made the playoffs won their first round game, and I think four of them were lower seeds. I wish our conference got more representation, I think we have a much better conf than we get credit for. Take out the MAC what small school conf is better in our area? This is the week we find out as BVC, NWOAL, will find out who has teams still standing

I heard this same thing from one of the commentators on the NWO sports about Grove having a weak schedule. Everyone they played that made the playoffs won their first round game, and I think four of them were lower seeds. I wish our conference got more representation, I think we have a much better conf than we get credit for. Take out the MAC what small school conf is better in our area? This is the week we find out as BVC, NWOAL, will find out who has teams still standing
I agree about the NWC. No credit given to it. Archbold gets promoted every year as a great team in the NWOAL. 2 years ago Grove kicked their teeth in on their field. Last week Archbold gives up 60+ to LB who had 3 loses.

Grove played 5 playoff teams this year in weeks 1 to 5. Every one of those teams won last week including Grove.

I don’t see it happening but it would be nice if Jefferson picked off Antwerp tonight, then people outside of the NWC might start to see reality

I don’t see it happening but it would be nice if Jefferson picked off Antwerp tonight, then people outside of the NWC might start to see reality
Idk, Antwerp has had a nice season especially from where they've been, but the GMC for football hasn't been great.

Should add that I'm not sure I'd consider it an upset as I think Jefferson can beat them.

Allen East flexing tonight Up 20-0 still in 2nd
Had to edit, the scoreboard I am using was incorrect

Jefferson has had a lot of potential but it’s very inconsistent. The ayersville game earlier this year was an example of that. They have been very mistake prone too. They were dominating ayersville, but gave up a kick return TD, and had a punt blocked, and missed some vital tackles to keep them in the game last night. That’s kind of been a thing all year. They are fully capable of beating Antwerp rather solidly…they are also capable of getting blown out of the water. Hard to say. That’s why they play the game. DJ’s been a rather odd, scrappy team the past couple years. 1 week they look bewildering, the next they are throttling teams they got blown out by and playing with coldwater like last year. It makes it infuriating, but also hopeful with the potential that there is when things click.
Lol I had to quote myself after tonight’s game. Crazy mix of emotions and momentum swings. Still proud of the effort. Always sucks to be on the losing end, but definitely some crazy highlights from the season and that game especially. I have to say if you’re going to lose, at least it was in a hell of a crazy battle. I’m sure the RB will be miserable about the fumble that would have ended the game, but it’s one play of many that DJ had massive errors on, and Antwerp had their fair share of total WTF moments as well. The punts, the onside kick, tipped INTs, a couple crucial penalties, etc. That game had a little bit of everything. Game will be replayed on WOSN…definitely will want to watch that one. Wild.

Hats off to DJ for a good season, Sounded like a very good game today

And to Allen East and Columbus Grove, Congratulations on your wins tonight.
Grove will go up against Colonial Crawford who knocked off #1 seed and last year's state champ, Carey
Allen East will take on #3 seed Tri Village
Both these games should be very competitive games

Good luck!

Congratulations on a great post season DJ would have been awesome to have three in regional semi's, small school count (I think)
NWC 2
GMC 1
BVC 1
NWOAL 1
MAC 5
N10 1
A two point conversion away from 3, I still say one of the top conf in state, (don't compare to MAC, on another level)

Last edited:
Congratulations on a great post season DJ would have been awesome to have three in regional semi's, small school count (I think)
NWC 2
GMC 1
BVC 1
NWOAL 1
MAC 5
N10 1
A two point conversion away from 3, I still say one of the top conf in state, (don't compare to MAC, on another level)
NBC 2

The guy with the ball in his hands was solid last night. Huge read option touchdown, and on special teams he had great coffin corner punt putting Northwestern on the 1, flipping the field when Grove forced a 3 and out. Grove's weapon is the offensive line plus Schafer making holes for Barraza who just keeps getting better, especially the tight crowd runs. He's no longer just a big play runner. Can't say enough about Schafer and his blocking. It's like an extra lineman. CC is a power run team over their history, will be an interesting match up. Go Stangs and Go Dogs!

Lol I had to quote myself after tonight’s game. Crazy mix of emotions and momentum swings. Still proud of the effort. Always sucks to be on the losing end, but definitely some crazy highlights from the season and that game especially. I have to say if you’re going to lose, at least it was in a hell of a crazy battle. I’m sure the RB will be miserable about the fumble that would have ended the game, but it’s one play of many that DJ had massive errors on, and Antwerp had their fair share of total WTF moments as well. The punts, the onside kick, tipped INTs, a couple crucial penalties, etc. That game had a little bit of everything. Game will be replayed on WOSN…definitely will want to watch that one. Wild.
Why did they run the ball when Antwerp was out of timeouts? The game was all but over. I think the coaching staff will have nightmares about that decision.

Why did they run the ball when Antwerp was out of timeouts? The game was all but over. I think the coaching staff will have nightmares about that decision.
Run the ball with the lead when the other team has no timeouts? What do you want them to do? You still need to get 1st downs to keep the ball away from the other team.

Run the ball with the lead when the other team has no timeouts? What do you want them to do? You still need to get 1st downs to keep the ball away from the other team.
The fumble happened with 2:08 left in the game. I believe it was first down, so yes, they definitely wanted to move the chains one more time. Kneeling it would have required a punt, unless my facts are wrong.