Northern Buckeye Conference Pick 'em

Fostoria 13 @ Eastwood 45
Genoa 24 @ Elmwood 35
Lake 21 @ Rossford 41
Woodmore 6 @ Otsego 41

Blowouts across the board this week. Upper half of the conference is playing the bottom half week 1.

Week 2 predictions
Genoa 42 Woodmore 6 - Comets roll. Woodmore is in trouble. They have Eastwood in week 3 too. Yikes.
Lake 28 Fostoria 14 - If Lake struggles with Fostoria, that will give us a good sign of where their at. Fostoria has Settles and not much else.
Eastwood 38 Otsego 13 - Otsego avoids the running clock, but just barely.
Rossford 41 Elmwood 13 - Bulldogs roll. Toughest tests will be weeks 3, 4, and 5.

Interesting night in the NBC. Otsego is the real deal. I’m less sold on Eastwood now. They really struggled moving the ball and had some terribly timed penalties.

Elmwood beating Rossford was definitely a surprise.

Genoa-Woodmore score was interesting. I don’t remember the last time I’ve seen a 6-3 score in the NBC or SLL.

Eastwood at Woodmore - Eastwood 35-6. Eagles bounce back and get ready for big week 4 matchup with the Bulldogs.
Rossford at Genoa - Rossford with the minor upset. High scoring though. 35-30 Bulldogs.
Elmwood at Fostoria - Elmwood rolls big. 41-6.
Lake at Otsego - Interesting game here. Otsego coming off beating Eastwood for the first time since 2006. Maybe a little letdown? Knights hang on 35-21.

Interesting night in the NBC. Otsego is the real deal. I’m less sold on Eastwood now. They really struggled moving the ball and had some terribly timed penalties.

Elmwood beating Rossford was definitely a surprise.

Genoa-Woodmore score was interesting. I don’t remember the last time I’ve seen a 6-3 score in the NBC or SLL.

My guess is the last time a score was 3-0 or 6-3 was in the SLL between Lakota and Gibsonburg back in the 80s when both teams would square off at 0-9. ;)

Interesting games/matchups this week. I will go with:
Week 4
Eastwood 31 Rossford 27 - Which defense shows up for Rossford? And will Eastwood be at full strength?
Elmwood 27 Lake 28 - Should be a good game. Lake's QB will be the difference maker.
Woodmore 20 Fostoria 13 - Someone has to win.
Otsego 41 Genoa 7 - Genoa's offense has looked lost the last 2 weeks. Otsego is rolling.