Northern Buckeye Conference 2024-25

HoopsFan1

Predictions for next season.

1. Genoa strong again?
2. Did Oak Harbor underperform last season. Better next year?
3. Maumee won a few games, but can they go from 5 wins to 10 wins next season?

A few questions that just come to mind. Fostoria lost some key players to graduation I believe. Someone with good knowledge of the NBC weigh in with information.

If Maumee can schedule Waite and Woodward 7 or 8 times then sure, they have a chance of winning 10 games.

Conference wise Genoa, Oak Harbor, Eastwood, Lake, and Otsego will all be much better than them. Rossford too with both Fox and Theobalds a year older and stronger.

Fostoria graduates a lot with the loss of Jordan Ferguson, Machi Johnson, and a few others.

I'd think Oak Harbor and Genoa will be at the top of the league?

Fostoria graduates a lot with the loss of Jordan Ferguson, Machi Johnson, and a few others.

I'd think Oak Harbor and Genoa will be at the top of the league?

Genoa loses a lot right? I know Plantz is back. Oak Harbor just finished 5th in a kind of weak NBC. What makes them go to top of the league now?

Genoa loses a lot right? I know Plantz is back. Oak Harbor just finished 5th in a kind of weak NBC. What makes them go to top of the league now?
Genoa had a couple more seniors than I realized, but yes, Plantz is back. I'd think he's best player in the league?

Oak Harbor I think only had one senior? Stokes is right there as best returning player?

Who do you have at the top?

Genoa had a couple more seniors than I realized, but yes, Plantz is back. I'd think he's best player in the league?

Oak Harbor I think only had one senior? Stokes is right there as best returning player?

Who do you have at the top?

I think that its a toss up. Eastwood should be up there. Lake is there now. Otsego I think could be there too - they beat Eastwood and Oak Harbor and almost knocked off Genoa twice. Not sure there's a clear cut favorite. Genoa and Oak Harbor probably have the two best players, but sometimes that doesn't mean a championship

If Maumee can schedule Waite and Woodward 7 or 8 times then sure, they have a chance of winning 10 games.

Conference wise Genoa, Oak Harbor, Eastwood, Lake, and Otsego will all be much better than them. Rossford too with both Fox and Theobalds a year older and stronger.
Based on what you're saying, sounds like Maumee could be headed for last place? Thought they had a couple of twin guards that were fair, and a big post player (like 6-7) that could get better. Maybe they lost some of their better players from last season?

Based on what you're saying, sounds like Maumee could be headed for last place? Thought they had a couple of twin guards that were fair, and a big post player (like 6-7) that could get better. Maybe they lost some of their better players from last season?

They should be better than Fostoria. I just think rest of conference will all be better too

Depends on who they hire.

Depends on who they hire.
So Maumee could lose some of the existing players on the roster depending on who the new coach might be? Interesting. Could any players who have gone to other schools that live in the Maumee district return depending on who the next coach is? I'm not even sure if they have players at St. John's, Central Catholic, St. Francis, any the public school, etc.

So Maumee could lose some of the existing players on the roster depending on who the new coach might be? Interesting. Could any players who have gone to other schools that live in the Maumee district return depending on who the next coach is? I'm not even sure if they have players at St. John's, Central Catholic, St. Francis, any the public school, etc.
Not just about what players they can get or keep but just putting those players they have in the right positions with a good style of play. Also, they have lost some athletes just within their own school who decided not to play. If they can keep the kids playing basketball that could help as well.

Not just about what players they can get or keep but just putting those players they have in the right positions with a good style of play. Also, they have lost some athletes just within their own school who decided not to play. If they can keep the kids playing basketball that could help as well.
Got it. Thank you.

IMG_2799.jpeg

I personally think Maumee is a hidden gem job right now. Hopefully this guy can build it. There is potential in the program as seen over all of their athletics since the conference change.

Maumee has twin guards, Ben and Will Kubicz, that were sophomores and each scored about 14 a game last year. There’s a couple other decent guards, one was a freshman, who played a lot. They return a 6’7 post who averaged around 6 and 6. I don’t believe they played a single senior last season and had a decent freshman team. Not sure they’ll get any kids back out who’ve quit but don’t think anyone will transfer either. Hopefully Gillespie can get things going in the right direction.

Maumee has twin guards, Ben and Will Kubicz, that were sophomores and each scored about 14 a game last year. There’s a couple other decent guards, one was a freshman, who played a lot. They return a 6’7 post who averaged around 6 and 6. I don’t believe they played a single senior last season and had a decent freshman team. Not sure they’ll get any kids back out who’ve quit but don’t think anyone will transfer either. Hopefully Gillespie can get things going in the right direction.

Maumee Frosh/JV teams both won 7-8 games each

Oak Harbor lost 3 NBC games by 5 points this past season (2 of them on the road to teams that finished below them. Figure out a way to win those close ones and they were 10-4 in the NBC. They beat Genoa twice and Eastwood once......so they can play with the better teams in the league. They should have a real shot at winning the league next year.