Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
Oak Harbor
Genoa
Eastwood

Otsego

Maumee
Rossford

Lake
Fostoria

Top three are ahead of the rest. Rossford might be closer to Lake and Fostoria than Maumee.
I might put Otsego in that upper group and drop Eastwood into the Maumee/Rossford group. Otsego returns a lot I think, Eastwood on the other hand graduates their entire Oline along with most the skill guys.

I might put Otsego in that upper group and drop Eastwood into the Maumee/Rossford group. Otsego returns a lot I think, Eastwood on the other hand graduates their entire Oline along with most the skill guys.
Does Maumee have anything at QB to fill that major loss? Going to be interesting seeing them compete in this new league for sure!

Genoa and Otsego return the most in the league. Not sure what OH has back, but they will obviously be very formidable.

Hard to pick against Eastwood in football no matter what they have returning. They just crank kids out of the strength & conditioning machine behind the bleachers and plug them in.

Genoa and Otsego return the most in the league. Not sure what OH has back, but they will obviously be very formidable.

Oak Harbor returns the most and best players IMO. It should be OH, Genoa, Otsego, and Eastwood all in the top 4 battling it out.

Eastwood, loses a solid senior class, but they have a group of young guys that just ran through their JV schedule and will be ready for the opportunity at the next level. Eastwood JVs outscored their 6 NBC opponents (no Woodmore) 301-14.

I really believe Maumee will be one of the most athletic teams in the league next year but you win games up front so I don’t think they’ll realistically be able to compete at the top, though there is some athletic size coming. They do return a 2nd team all league receiver who was only a sophomore and an OLB that was honorable mention as a sophomore that plays QB. The numbers are up after next years seniors graduate and the junior class as a whole could be pretty special (about 8 saw a lot of action this year). I believe the current freshman went 4-3 and they have a lot of potential too, whoever takes the job walks into a good situation, one year to teach the guys the new schemes and hopefully get at least 3 or 4 wins with an easier schedule (Bowsher, Springfield, Bryan plus NBC) then take off in year 2 and 3.

Today I’d guess the ‘23 standings
OH
Otsego
Genoa
Eastwood
Maumee
Rossford
Fostoria
Lake

Believe they are referencing Evan Karchner, Evergreen’s current head coach
Correct, D1 playing and coaching experience, young, high energy guy. Not sure he has shown anything at Evergreen (only been one year) but could attract some kids to the football team.

Correct, D1 playing and coaching experience, young, high energy guy. Not sure he has shown anything at Evergreen (only been one year) but could attract some kids to the football team.
Agree. I’ve been hearing from my sources that there is a lot of interest in that job.
Have heard nothing in regards to the Lake job, seems as if they are playing it close to their chest.

Maumee has two good classes.
They are cycling up.
With the right coach, they could be very competitive in the nbc.

I am still perplexed why the nbc let them in.

Lake has hired Lane Bishop as the next head coach. Was Elmwood's OC the last 4 years. Young guy. Graduated in 2015 from North Baltimore.
I really like the hire. Elmwood had a top 5-10 scoring offense in Ohio the last two years, and they seemed to have really developed their skill kids over the last four years while he was there. Lake’s issues seemed to be on the offensive side of the ball so hopefully a young, energetic, offensive minded coach and get the ball rolling over there

I really like the hire. Elmwood had a top 5-10 scoring offense in Ohio the last two years, and they seemed to have really developed their skill kids over the last four years while he was there. Lake’s issues seemed to be on the offensive side of the ball so hopefully a young, energetic, offensive minded coach and get the ball rolling over there

Lake has had many issues over the last 2-3 years. Hard to really say what exactly. They had 70 guys out for football this year (only 10 seniors out of 70 too). That is incredible. You should be able to find 11-15 guys out of 70 that can play and compete in the NBC/division 5.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles his staff.

Hiring a guy from a successful program inside your own league seems like it would work on a conceptual level.

Given what led to the last guy being shown the door, however, I would be awfully nervous about hiring someone so young.

He might be 26 going on 70 for all I know, but if I were an AD I'd be tempted to look for a guy with a long track record without any issues and worry about wins and losses later.

Hiring a guy from a successful program inside your own league seems like it would work on a conceptual level.

Given what led to the last guy being shown the door, however, I would be awfully nervous about hiring someone so young.

He might be 26 going on 70 for all I know, but if I were an AD I'd be tempted to look for a guy with a long track record without any issues and worry about wins and losses later.
What are the ages of most of the HC's in the league?

Drusback at Rossford is around 50. I'd guess Rutherford at Eastwood is in his mid to late 30's. Kidwell at Fostoria has to be mid 40's to early 50s. Mike May at Oak Harbor is probably in his mid 40's. I'd guess the guys at Genoa and Otsego are in their early 30's. Not sure Maumee has filled their position yet.