No Stage for state finals

Stop it. You sound silly.
It's a done deal this year. I don't believe anyone here doesn't want the stage. I liked the stage, but the stage is not going to be there this weekend.
Whining about it here does nothing to help, with the exception of the ol', 'misery loves company.'
I'm not against your speech. I understand what your saying. I don't disagree. But, It's not happening.
I do not think it's whining. It's fans of the sport (who pay for the tournament through their revenue), explaining their feelings about the matter. To me, the more they "whine" the more the people at OHSAA might understand a good chunk of people's problem with what they are doing. Changes will never be made if you just sit there silent, letting people do whatever they want. The stage and the awards presentation, are massive part of the experience, not only for the wrestlers, but the fans as well.

I do not think it's whining. It's fans of the sport (who pay for the tournament through their revenue), explaining their feelings about the matter. To me, the more they "whine" the more the people at OHSAA might understand a good chunk of people's problem with what they are doing. Changes will never be made if you just sit there silent, letting people do whatever they want. The stage and the awards presentation, are massive part of the experience, not only for the wrestlers, but the fans as well.
OHSAA isn't listening to social media. Who are you kidding? If there is a pecking order for the wrestling tournament, I imagine it going something along the lines of:
1- Accountants 2- OSU 3- Upper Management 4- Dr. Mauer 5- Coaches 6- Officials.... 468- Bowling Officials 469- Yappi.com and other social media. 470- Jim Behrens

Were you guys this upset when they broke the tradition of not having a firework displays in an indoor arena?

Girls can wrestle all they want.
Have regional and state tournaments.
I feel we all agree on this.

But, if the OHSAA were to go to 2 boys divisions just to keep the girls in the Schott, do you all still feel the same about the state tournaments together? Because, it is a real discussion for the 2024-25 season.

The OHSAA is talking to the wrong people when asking for suggestions about girls’ wrestling.
This year people don’t like the time-crunched state schedule; Div III isn’t happy about weighing in this morning and having to leave, then not getting in until noon and wrestling at 1:00. And also, stage is not raised for finals.

I also feel like we will be short of quality refs next year come district time (no, I’m not getting an official’s license).

Everyone take a deep breath and relax. Hope we don’t hit any snags.

Enjoy the weekend.

Fewest matches for state qualifiers.
Girls..............................Boys
6. 8..............................6. 19
5. 6..............................5. 16
4. 6..............................4. 16
3. 6..............................3. 16
2. 4..............................2. 12
1. 4..............................1. 9
Misleading stat as girls vs girls matches were the only ones accepted for seeding. Small school that wrestles a co-ed schedule could have more matches but less than 10 for girls only matches.

the quality of wrestling for the girls will be so high that 75 percent or more of the matches will end via pinfall

whats going to happen when some boys on JV teams go to the girls regional and wrestle through the girls state tournament?
equal is equal right
some boys dreams of competing at and winning state tournaments will be realized
mak kraft, who i love to death and am a big fan of, went 1-2 at a boys SE ohio district last year at 106 then butt stomped to win a girls state title.
There are a lot of boys out there who cant start for their hs that would destroy girls brackets at state

Misleading stat as girls vs girls matches were the only ones accepted for seeding. Small school that wrestles a co-ed schedule could have more matches but less than 10 for girls only matches.
As they should be. Not misleading at all as far as my point goes.

But, if the OHSAA were to go to 2 boys divisions just to keep the girls in the Schott, do you all still feel the same about the state tournaments together? Because, it is a real discussion for the 2024-25 season.
Yes, who do we contact to show our support? Let's go down to one division. Why are we giving out extra participation trophies? Three champions per weight in an individual sport? That's more nonsensical than two bronze medals in the Olympics. It's only done so OHSAA can make more money but I don't think you'll have a problem with that waste of money.

whats going to happen when some boys on JV teams go to the girls regional and wrestle through the girls state tournament?
equal is equal right
some boys dreams of competing at and winning state tournaments will be realized
mak kraft, who i love to death and am a big fan of, went 1-2 at a boys SE ohio district last year at 106 then butt stomped to win a girls state title.
There are a lot of boys out there who cant start for their hs that would destroy girls brackets at state
Well first they have to start HRT for at least a year and get a bunch of testing done. You can't just sign up for it like Tucker Carlson and Glenn Beck told you.

What if we keep the stage but use 16-"man" bracket - Follow the Leader from the Semis and only place 6?
Like we did previously, pre-2005!
Still in favor of the stage?

Yes, who do we contact to show our support? Let's go down to one division. Why are we giving out extra participation trophies? Three champions per weight in an individual sport? That's more nonsensical than two bronze medals in the Olympics. It's only done so OHSAA can make more money but I don't think you'll have a problem with that waste of money.

Well first they have to start HRT for at least a year and get a bunch of testing done. You can't just sign up for it like Tucker Carlson and Glenn Beck told you.
why do they have to get hrt or have testing done?
do the girls have to undergo testing to compete with the boys and can they arbitrarily decide which tournament they want to do

why do they have to get hrt or have testing done?
do the girls have to undergo testing to compete with the boys and can they arbitrarily decide which tournament they want to do
I'm pretty sure they can compete against the guys during the regular season but must do the girls postseason. Same as any other sport that has tournaments for boys and girls.

I'm pretty sure they can compete against the guys during the regular season but must do the girls postseason. Same as any other sport that has tournaments for boys and girls.
so what kind of testing are they doing to be allowed to wrestle against the boys?
if the boys have to be tested to wrestle girls shouldnt the girls be tested to wrestle boys?
fair is fair and equal is equal

so what kind of testing are they doing to be allowed to wrestle against the boys?
if the boys have to be tested to wrestle girls shouldnt the girls be tested to wrestle boys?
fair is fair and equal is equal
I'm imagining you as someone who sits in the garage drinking warm Gennie Light, shouting stories of glory days to anyone who happens to walk by. I bet you think Skynard created Southern Rock.

I hate to break it to everyone who thinks the girls will stay with the boys, but they won't. If it continues to grow, and it will, the girls will not be able to wrestle alongside the boys. They will have to have either their own venue or their own weekend. They are currently only one division and look how much time and space they are taking up. Once they split into 2 divisions they will be on their own. If this year's tournament doesn't run as smoothly as planned, they may not even be back next year.

The girls are bringing in a little more revenue, yes, but they're nowhere near as popular as the boys yet and definitely aren't saving wrestling from anything lol
If the girls grow large enough to fill two divisions (which may be 10 years away) then why not decrease boys at state to two divisions and add an extra layer of qualifying tournaments for the boys? For example, instead of Sectional, District and State for 3 divisions, why not Sectional District, Regional and State for two divisions? Just thinking outside the box.

I have heard from an excellent source that there will be no stage for the state finals this year since girls have been added. OHSAA has said this is due to the cost for extending the stage as well as the time it would take to put together.

The Ohio state tournament is a very special tournament. Kids have dreams and set goals to wrestle on the stage in the finals. It separates our tournament from others. Money and time seem like an excuse. I find it hard to believe they couldn’t find plenty of donations and plenty of volunteers to speed up the process. Thoughts?

I apologize if this is already in a thread somewhere.

I have heard from an excellent source that there will be no stage for the state finals this year since girls have been added. OHSAA has said this is due to the cost for extending the stage as well as the time it would take to put together.

The Ohio state tournament is a very special tournament. Kids have dreams and set goals to wrestle on the stage in the finals. It separates our tournament from others. Money and time seem like an excuse. I find it hard to believe they couldn’t find plenty of donations and plenty of volunteers to speed up the process. Thoughts?

I apologize if this is already in a thread somewhere.
Whoever decided that there will no stage should be fired—or tarred and feathered. What a travesty. Please tell me this is not true!

With so many bad decisions being made vis-à-vis our culture, you’d think the wrestling community would get this right.

Obviously finals should be on the stage. Let’s keep a few goddam traditions!

Everyone should voice their concern to the tournament director tomorrow.

Whoever decided that there will no stage should be fired—or tarred and feathered. What a travesty. Please tell me this is not true!

With so many bad decisions being made vis-à-vis our culture, you’d think the wrestling community would get this right.

Obviously finals should be on the stage. Let’s keep a few goddam traditions!

Everyone should voice their concern to the tournament director tomorrow.
i’ll march up in arms with you any day Mr. Lichtenberg