No Shave November?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Do you participate? I know this is a "thing" but it usually takes a few minutes to register when you see those normally clean shaven people at the end of the month looking like they are trying out for the new "Grizzly Adams".

thePITman

I tried it one time, but growing a beard (or even just a mustache) is not something my body does well.

Zunardo

Never. I grew my beard when I felt like growing my beard, and stayed clean-shaven when I wanted to be.

thavoice

Gets too itchy. Uusually doesn't get far in November as my part time job you have to be clean shaven.

I generally shave October 31st and then don't shave again until March. Wife loves it otherwise I would probably shave by Christmas.

Mr. Slippery

Doing or not doing something just because of which day or date is on the calendar is stupid (ex. New Year's Resolutions). I shave when I want to shave and let the beard grow when I want. Usually keep a beard in the winter to help combat the cold (I'm outside a lot).

Last edited:

fortfan

I've had a goatee for as long as I remember. Going shaveless in November is something my wife constantly complains about so instead of trying to explain that to her while she b*tches and moans about it, I just shave.

Auggie

Every millenial in the office does no shave year 'round, they seem to shave every 3-5 days. Not a fan of the look as it comes across as grubby and not everyone can pull it off. The other grooming trend I don't get is man buns, the only dudes that should have man buns are sumo wrestlers.

chs1971

I shaved my beard when I graduated from college to get my first job, and have not been clean shaven since. That was August of '77.

eastside_purple

I’m one of those guys that can practically grow a full beard in an afternoon. In my consulting days, I would often literally shave at lunch as to not appear to have a 5 day stubble look in the afternoon/evening.

thavoice

I've had a goatee for as long as I remember. Going shaveless in November is something my wife constantly complains about so instead of trying to explain that to her while she b*tches and moans about it, I just shave.
My wife knows how to get me to shave. All she has to say is "There is grey coming in' on the beard! Longest I went was about 3 weeks as we were going to do a , um, job where to fit it we were to have as much stubble/beard as we could.

Irwin20

I work at home for the most part so there are weeks where I don’t shave. When I saw this thread it was Nov 8th and I realized I hadn’t shaved in November. But I shaved the next day, I have a feeling the wife doesn’t like the beard if it grows in too much so O shaved every 3-4 days usually.