No Ohio Girls Freestyle U14 or Junior Duals teams??

tufenuf

USA National Junior duals and U14 duals are taking place currently in Oklahoma and Ohio is not represented. There are 21 teams competing in the Junior division and 6 in the U14. Do we not have enough girls in our state to fill teams? If we are trying to sanction the sport in Ohio for girls, one would assume we should be promoting these events as opportunities for growth and development. For example, PA is working to get sanctioned and I see they have sent teams along with the other states competing that have already been sanctioned. On the boys side, Ohio sent U14, U16, and Junior dual teams…
What’s up????

Just a guess on my part but ...........there are SO many national tournaments now, and there is prob a select group of people that are driving the girls sport in Ohio. Maybe just exhaustion or choosing to focus on other tournaments (I dont know what those are).

Just a guess on my part but ...........there are SO many national tournaments now, and there is prob a select group of people that are driving the girls sport in Ohio. Maybe just exhaustion or choosing to focus on other tournaments (I dont know what those are).
I doubt that’s the reason, I have yet to see a Girls version of “Team Ohio” entered in any tournaments this year. Whoever is the director of the Women’s USA Wrestling program in Ohio may need some help it appears? I know a few that are willing to step up and volunteer!