No Mow May

My lawn is growing faster (and thicker) this spring than it ever has. Have to mow 2x a week right now just to keep up. Miss one day and my mower is working too hard. Must be doing something right on the new weed-and-feed regimen I started last year.

Same. It seems much thicker this year.

Hopefully the weed and feed service we started two years ago is finally paying off.

I have almost 4 acres, so I already practice mowing less often! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::cool:(y)

I mow the front acre couple times a week... the back 4, I mow whenever and do mainly meandering random paths with a few open spots, the rest I keep natural grassland and trees.

I'm in the same boat. I've been mowing more than once a week on average, my front yard. My back yard once so far but it's mostly a hill and I am trying to leave it long to help with the serious erosion I'm getting around my huge trees at the bottom. The roots are sticking up an 1" or so on the walnut trees, The trees are over 50ft tall each. My grass is growing so fast I can almost see it growing in real time.

The weather has been perfect this year. Warmer and WAY more sun than any year I can remember this early yet still enough rain to keep anything from drying out
Very true - I'm needing to cut twice a week at minimum to keep up with the growth. Bright side is that my lawn looks better than it's been for years and I haven't had to turn on my sprinklers once.

Smoove like the commentations on the growth of the grass. Let Smoove pose a question if Smoove may, Fo 'Rill, too! Smoove know Smoove sometimes sillee and on the verge of a mentality overload, but Smoove askifies: When y'all are mowing this often, do y'all mow different directionations with each mow? Smoove like doin' it that way and had heard previously that it helpifies the grass blades not all grow in the samified directionation or somrthin' like dat. Do y'all knowify if it actually help the lawn, or do it just make it look coolio as all get up, getback, get down and get around to have the lines in the lawn goin' different angles an' stuff?

Mind out of the gutter, Smoove!
Zunardo-- Just 'cuz you got your first Major League hit yesterday don't give you no credencification to come up in here and blow it out at Smoove....Smoove wuz serious as all get down and get around. Smoove gots a one-track mind, Mowin' Lawns and mowin' as many as Smoove can mow. There some goot, goot money in it. Plus, it pleases the Chickies if it is mowed with attention to detail, with gentleness so as to not leave clippings all around, and it is a positive for the health of both involvicated. Smoove done provinatin' Smoove pointification. Time to mow!

My backyard is still way too wet to mow but it's not growing enough to matter. The front yard though has been mowed twice already. If I waited until June it'd be knee high

I'm too lazy to mow more than once a week.

My neighbor was out mowing early this spring when we had the cold snap where the high was in the 20s.

Well I mowed the whole yard today. Before and after Mother’s Day events. 15 year old offered I told him to take the day off, baseball season ended yesterday. The only thing I’ve found when the grass gets to tall is big snakes, not pollinating insects.

No fn way. It just took me an hr to mow my backyard after 2 weeks of not mowing. It was brutal. I find no joy in mowing my lawn, I’d rather have a tiny backyard or no backyard at all.

A friend of mine who works for the state told me that the State of Ohio mows 24,000 acres.

Rediculous waste of money and resources

A friend of mine who works for the state told me that the State of Ohio mows 24,000 acres.

Rediculous waste of money and resources
I think a lot more info is needed before we say that. There are some acres that need mowed for visibility purposes. Also, is he saying they mow 24,000 acres a week or does that include the highway medians that get mowed 2 to maybe 3 times a year?

I think a lot more info is needed before we say that. There are some acres that need mowed for visibility purposes. Also, is he saying they mow 24,000 acres a week or does that include the highway medians that get mowed 2 to maybe 3 times a year?
That includes highways.

Lets face it...some of this doesn't need mowed. Plenty of area for pollinator and bird habitat that gets mowed and doesn't have to.