Niles McKinley-2013

Cope was a non factor much of last season. I believe he was the most over hyped athlete to ever come out of Howland. Had great skill set but not much results. Had to take him out defensively because he was such a liability, his best play was when he punted. Tigers should be pretty good defensively, but will struggle on offense. Young ol with decent size but only one starter is back. Starting FB returns but the rest of the skill positions have virtually no experience, but are talented. Qb hasn't played the position since his freshman year and will just be asked to manage the game and not turn the ball over, and play field position. Tigers will lean on their defense, where up to 13 players that started at one point return. Also lose their punter and kicker, look for the tigers at 6-4 at best.

I think you are right on with most of your thoughts. Offense is going to be young but the talent is there to gel and do well. I think 6-4 at worst and 8-2 with Hubbard and Harding being very tough games to win while the rest of the Howland games are winnable.

D will be very good. Lots of interchangeable people to rotate in and out.

There was another Cope a couple years ago who was good athlete as well, I wonder if they're brothers. But anyways, Hubbard should be the team to beat in the AAC for sure. Howland Fans, to think you will even compete with Harding this season is ridiculous. They re on a different level and showed that last season by continuously smacking you guys in the mouth. I will openly admit Niles wouldn't be able to compete much either. However, you never know in highschool sports. I just wouldn't get my hopes up too high. It doesn't matter who's up or down from last season, this conference is always exciting and any given day anybody can win. Can we just get to August 29th already?!!

Oh and who was that DE you guys had at Howland last year, he was a monster and not very big at all. I'm sure he is going to be a force to be reckoned with this season. The right end I believe..

TK was defensive player of the year in Trumbull County last year so it was him.

Nathan Cope was the brother or Brendan Cope. Nathan was a great rb and defensive back. He was the real deal.

Yea TK Fortson. Interested in seeing if he bulked up any because he's got some very good skills. Just needs a little more weight.

Anyways, can someone tell me about Struthers this season? I keep reading and hearing about Struthers but they lost there best two players I thought. I know they had a real good middle linebacker that might still be there, but that doesn't seem like enough to make them as relevant as they were last year.