Nielsen Ratings

Were you ever a Nielsen reporter and got your form you had to fill out for a whole week and then send it back in and they paid you a dollar for doing it if my memory is correct. We were a Nielsen family twice and they wanted us to do it a third time and I said no thank you.

I can save Nielsen some $s, all anybody watches in real time anymore is sports.

I'd agree with that for the most part, and the cause is DVR. Even shows I'd watch on the same night such as The Walking Dead, I'd start it about 20 minutes late so I could skip through the commercials.

That said, I even know people who start sports programs late so they can skip commercials.

Were you ever a Nielsen reporter and got your form you had to fill out for a whole week and then send it back in and they paid you a dollar for doing it if my memory is correct. We were a Nielsen family twice and they wanted us to do it a third time and I said no thank you.
We did it maybe in 1983 or so. Found out I didn't watch as much TV as I thought I did...

I did it like 15 years ago by wearing the Portable People Meter pager device. Very little money and became an inconvenience.

I can see it now - some time in the not-too-distant future:

"Winston! Winston! Wake up! Finish your exercises, then make sure you log into American Home Warranty to look coverage at options for that house you just bought!"

My wife and I were a Nielsen family when we were still DINKs, but for shopping habits instead of TV. Had to scan the barcodes and enter prices of everything we bought each week - groceries, hardward, even a candy bar from the vending machine. Then we would upload the data from the scanner into our old landline. Made a lot of AOL dial-up type noises.

I think we did it for six months and gave up. Supposedly we could order stuff from a barter site, but it was too difficult. Not worth the effort. Would rather have done the TV thing instead.