Nick Saban Retiring

At Oregon Lanning only needs to contend for NC's and the brass will be happy at bammy he will have to win NC's. My "guess" is it will be Kiffin or Dabo. Kiffin will likely never win a title at Ole Miss, and I doubt Dabo would say no. Personally doubt to many other big names would want to follow Nicky.

Edit: Maybe Norvell from FSU.
Who’s bammy?

Maybe outside the box, but if I'm Michigan I would want to know if Harbaugh is going pro or not so I can promote Sherrone or give Sherrone a big enough contract so he'll stay. I could see Alabama at least interviewing Sherrone.

Norvell being mentioned a lot which makes sense. He's a great coach. One of the best in the nation. Hoping he stays at FSU though

Maybe outside the box, but if I'm Michigan I would want to know if Harbaugh is going pro or not so I can promote Sherrone or give Sherrone a big enough contract so he'll stay. I could see Alabama at least interviewing Sherrone.
That's a good point.

Anyone that thinks Saban retiring is good for college football is way off. Just think of all those recruits that their recruiting battles go down to Bama and Georgia. Now instead of it being like 50/50 it’s now going to be like 75/25 going to Georgia

Kornheiser suggested Urban Meyer as a replacement.
Saban and him
both failed in NFL
both are the only two coaches to win playoff championships at two different schools
Neither Saban nor Urban won a playoff championship at two different schools. They did win national championships at two schools but Saban’s first at LSU and Urbans first two at Florida were under the BCS.

Heard the name DeMeco Ryan come up, especially if the Texans lose this Saturday. Some former players are talking him up and he currently makes $4 million as the coach of the Texans, could easily double to $8 million in just base pay to move over to 'Bama and they could throw in various incentives that can get him close to the $10.5 million Saban was making. The only possible hurdle would be he likes lengthy deals so 'Bama would have to give him a similar 6 year deal or huge buyout but then again NCAA football teams are not adverse to this as evident of Jimbo's massive buyout this year. He also has a great thing starting in Houston but then again the money talks and its not like 'Bama's rosters stinks.

Heard the name DeMeco Ryan come up, especially if the Texans lose this Saturday. Some former players are talking him up and he currently makes $4 million as the coach of the Texans, could easily double to $8 million in just base pay to move over to 'Bama and they could throw in various incentives that can get him close to the $10.5 million Saban was making. The only possible hurdle would be he likes lengthy deals so 'Bama would have to give him a similar 6 year deal or huge buyout but then again NCAA football teams are not adverse to this as evident of Jimbo's massive buyout this year.
Not every team has that “Qatari oil money for nuclear plans” buyout option though!

I just don’t see it for Ryans though. Yes he played at Bama but he hasn’t spent a single second in college football. Also while he doubles his pay, he loses 100% of his free time.

Not every team has that “Qatari oil money for nuclear plans” buyout option though!

I just don’t see it for Ryans though. Yes he played at Bama but he hasn’t spent a single second in college football. Also while he doubles his pay, he loses 100% of his free time.
I agree plus some guys like the "pro" aspect of dealing with NFL players as opposed to the knuckledness of dealing with 16-22 year old boys between recruiting and managing the roster. I think he really comes into play if current NCAA guys keep passing which might be an issue as I would not want to replace the #1 coach all time in the sport. Some 'Bama types are kind of resigning themselves to a transition type guy for the next few years and Lane Kiffin is a real possibility.

Anyone that thinks Saban retiring is good for college football is way off. Just think of all those recruits that their recruiting battles go down to Bama and Georgia. Now instead of it being like 50/50 it’s now going to be like 75/25 going to Georgia
He’ll still be involved to some extent. He was even in the office yesterday calling recruits

IMG_3707.jpeg

This hot young coach who helped turn around a struggling program is available.

This is the same for people who actually think Vrabel would want to be HC for tOSU. Lol. It's a nice sentiment, but even players in the local media who know him well have said it would never happen.

Just saw that 'Bama may go the Pats route and replace a legend with someone already in the building, Tommy Rees. Also looks like DeBoer is a soft no as Washington is going to give him a big $ boost and he likes the culture at the school, he is not sure in his own mind that he is the type of guy for the SEC grind.

Just saw that 'Bama may go the Pats route and replace a legend with someone already in the building, Tommy Rees. Also looks like DeBoer is a soft no as Washington is going to give him a big $ boost and he likes the culture at the school, he is not sure in his own mind that he is the type of guy for the SEC grind.
To add to this , Mike Norvell announced he's staying at FSU. The ESPN commentators went from ripping Norvell during the year to touting him when he became a Bama top target. I'm sure they'll go back to hating now 🤣🤣