Next coach at Kent Roosevelt?

Logical choice would be former Copley head coach and Roosevelt OC/QB Scott Chouinard. This should have been the pick 4 years ago when Nemic retired and he was in the fold. However the School Board and Admin wanted and “open search” and lost Chouinard when Copley jumped in without hesitation. Eventually Kent took an insider in King who failed miserably. Chouinard says he was stepping down to spend more time with family and probably wouldn’t take the job he should have been offered. Until changes are made in the leadership of Kent city schools and AD it won’t matter who they take. This will be 3rd coach in 4 years, wonder why?

If they have even mentioned Coach Nemic as a potential option for a 3rd go-round, the administration at Kent should be kicked in their nads. Make a decision and live with it and support that choice as the coach! The last choice bolted after 1 year for Green. Who else was in the running last year when the job was open? They should still have the names and numbers of those candidates and may want to reach out and see if any will come and save them.

If I were Kent administration. I would be contacting former Hudson Coach Ron Wright, he is from the area and has proven track record.

I don’t see Nemic making a 3rd run. Current school admin and board pretty much ran him out last time over $$$. That ship has sailed. Geis was a good hire, shame he bolted for Green, (where the current Kent AD came from), ironic.

Kent should start considering many of the applicants from last year's search. Maybe it is time for them to do some sucking up, as Cousin Eddie says to Clark's boss after he kidnapped him and brought him to Clark's house:

"You ready to do some Kissing?!"

Haven't heard anything official but heard a rumor theres another PTC coach they want to talk to and would give the job to if he would take it.

Haven't heard anything official but heard a rumor theres another PTC coach they want to talk to and would give the job to if he would take it.

hmm.... not that many PTC programs have had enough success to make the HC a desirable option.

I'd think Adorni and Decker are staying put.

Back to Back rovers with Coach Bo? One and done at Norton for young Pollock? Pete Thompson seen enough in Streetsboro?

hmm.... not that many PTC programs have had enough success to make the HC a desirable option.

I'd think Adorni and Decker are staying put.

Back to Back rovers with Coach Bo? One and done at Norton for young Pollock? Pete Thompson seen enough in Streetsboro?

All three names make sense.
Boedicker, solid, veteran coach.
Pollock, young, up and comer, great debut at Norton.
Thompson is a very good coach and could turn things around.
If I had to guess, I would say they would take the young buck.

Tallmadge only had around 35 varsity players this past season and graduated 18. Going to be a tough couple of years unless numbers improve.

Tallmadge ranks were very thin and they were going to struggle for next 3-4 years. New stadium coming too but with failure of the Levy his teaching job was in jeopardy and was not going to be renewed. Coach had to do what was best for his family. Big loss for a Tallmadge and a good hire for Kent. Probably the best they could have done.

DxC5VVLX0AAAS7K.jpg
DxC5VVPXcAM18UX.jpg
DxC5VVOWoAEu9xv.jpg
DxC5VVNWkAEob-7.jpg

Score for Kent, if Kent can put more kids on the field with talent, they could be back on track to complete in the Suburban. Hope this hire spurs excitement for the football program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Score for Kent, if Kent can put more kids on the field with talent, they could be back on track to complete in the Suburban. Hope this hire spurs excitement for the football program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New coach has to make sure he stops Hoban from taking all of his good players. That has really hurt the program recently.

New coach has to make sure he stops Hoban from taking all of his good players. That has really hurt the program recently.

Rumler and Houser went to Hoban, but who else?

He might also need to create a culture that makes kids want to stay. :shrug: