D1: 126
D2: 165
D3: 157

Tied for Second Deepest Weight (Top 35)
D1: 106, 132, 138, 165
D2: 120, 126, 138, 150
D3: 113, 150, 175, 215

New #1's:
D1 150: Joy (Wadsworth) beat previous #1 Wilson (Dublin Scioto) by major decision at IRONMAN to take over the top spot.

D1 157: Ginter (Toledo Whitmer) had a great showing at IRONMAN and outperformed previous #1 Harney (Sycamore).

D2 106: A.Ohl (Ontario) moved from 113 to 106 and is now #1.

D2 120: Harding (Galion) moved down from 126 and won his final meeting with previous #1 J.Ohl (Ontario) last season (Ohl won the first three or four times by 2 points or less), so he takes over the top spot at a very crowded weight.

D3 106: Beckler (Waynedale) takes over the top spot here. I am expecting this weight to change quite a bit over the next few weeks.

D3 157: Greene (Keystone) moved up one spot after beating previous #1 S.King (Barnesville), 2-0, at IRONMAN.

If you think I missed a result (which is VERY POSSIBLE) or have any weight changes/questions/suggestions/etc. please Email me at Borofanohio@gmail.com or PM me on here.

I am still looking for results from the following events/duals (I received or found partial results for some of these, but I still might have missed something). ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thurs: Nordonia vs Mayfield
Thurs: St. Xavier vs Trenton Edgewood
Thurs: Tuslaw vs Sandy Valley
Saturday: Uniontown Lake Quad (Lake/Mayfield/Marlington/Carrollton)
Tonight/Tues: Tinora vs Lincolnview
Tonight/Tues: Ayersville vs Paulding
Tonight/Tues: Ayersville vs Columbus Grove

As always, I will only make changes Wednesday (if needed) and I will post them on here below:
D1: 132, 144, 190, 215
D2: 106, 138, 144
D3: 120

Thanks for clicking (y)

Last edited:

Harney didn’t do anything to lose #1 ranking, especially after only a month out from football where he started offense and defense all season.
You're looking at this the wrong way. He didn't do anything to "lose" that ranking... but Ginter did A TON to prove he also deserves it. At the end of the day, it's a week into season and these are just "rankings". They still have a whole season to compete... it will all play out in March.

Thanks for doing these rankings, they are fun to look at.

Harney didn’t do anything to lose #1 ranking, especially after only a month out from football where he started offense and defense all season.
That's awesome. He went from ironman football directly to Ironman wrestling. However, he was outplaced by Ginter.
If he wasn't ready to wrestle because of football he shouldn't have wrestled at the Ironman.

That's awesome. He went from ironman football directly to Ironman wrestling. However, he was outplaced by Ginter.
If he wasn't ready to wrestle because of football he shouldn't have wrestled at the Ironman.

Outplaced in a tournament like Ironman is not apples to apples. The draw is important, and you have wrestlers dropping out medical forfeiting or not making weight. Harney and Ginter did not wrestle head to head.

You're looking at this the wrong way. He didn't do anything to "lose" that ranking... but Ginter did A TON to prove he also deserves it. At the end of the day, it's a week into season and these are just "rankings". They still have a whole season to compete... it will all play out in March.

Thanks for doing these rankings, they are fun to look at.

If Harney didn’t place, I understand that but he did and they didn’t wrestle head to head. Rankings are fun to look at. There is nothing wrong with debating or questioning the rankings. There’s not a lot of discussion on these boards anymore.

If Harney didn’t place, I understand that but he did and they didn’t wrestle head to head. Rankings are fun to look at. There is nothing wrong with debating or questioning the rankings. There’s not a lot of discussion on these boards anymore.
Ginter over Magro 7-1
Harney 4-3 win over Magro and lost 3-1 to Magro

seems justified to me and I’ve got no skin in the game

Not surprised Ginter moved up to 157 #4 to #1.

Makes me wonder if Wilson will do the same now after seeing how good Joy looks. Wilson would most likely be slotted to the #1 spot himself.

132 REALLY cleared as Blaze the #1 guy there, makes for a loaded 126 & 138.

Not surprised Ginter moved up to 157 #4 to #1.

Makes me wonder if Wilson will do the same now after seeing how good Joy looks. Wilson would most likely be slotted to the #1 spot himself.

132 REALLY cleared as Blaze the #1 guy there, makes for a loaded 126 &
I’m sure Wilson won’t be running anywhere. I believe they meet up again next week. Will be interesting

Why not? You have a short window to wrestle—and you aren’t even guaranteed to get all those opportunities.
ironman is a special experience. Go for it and live your life. What does he have to lose—a number 1 ranking on Boro? Who gives a damn? We got HS kids now ducking because of national rankings and such and I hate that mentality too. Stop protecting and take your swings out there. Harney got some high end matches—and that is good experience for March. And he can tell his kids he made the podium at The Ironman.

Ginter over Magro 7-1
Harney 4-3 win over Magro and lost 3-1 to Magro

seems justified to me and I’ve got no skin in the game
I have ZERO skin in the game either, but I will say this: These results mean nothing when these two meet because wrestling is all about match ups and styles...and we all know, styles make fights/great matches.

Why not? You have a short window to wrestle—and you aren’t even guaranteed to get all those opportunities.
ironman is a special experience. Go for it and live your life. What does he have to lose—a number 1 ranking on Boro? Who gives a damn? We got HS kids now ducking because of national rankings and such and I hate that mentality too. Stop protecting and take your swings out there. Harney got some high end matches—and that is good experience for March. And he can tell his kids he made the podium at The Ironman.
Couldn't agree more. I'll preface what I'm about to say that I'm an Ohio guy, fan/parent/coach of two kids one at H.S. level and one and Jr. High level. Purely my opinion, but speaking from an overall Ohio performance at Ironman, I think Ohio kids/coaches/parents worry too much about rankings, matchups, and avoiding certain situations. I see it from grade school level all the way up through club, travel and H.S. parents literally scheming matchups, districts etc. Maybe that goes on in every state and the other states just got us this year, but that crap needs to stop and stop at the earliest of levels. Setting kids up for failure and not dealing with true competitiveness when it matters later in their careers. Just wrestle, it's the last pure sport on earth in my opinion, so keep it that way.

While I'm on my soapbox, Ohio needs to ditch the rules regarding club vs. jr. high. don't get me wrong, it sucks that you have to pay for the best competition, just like baseball, softball insert any sport these days but how many matches a kid wrestle and who they wrestle for should be a family decision made at home. Some kids not ready for the club/national scene, and that's fine, same for travel baseball or AAU basketball. But don't tell a kid he has to pick one or the other. Maybe another reason why PA, NJ, etc is widening the gap.......

and rankings also mean nothing when these two actually wrestle as well (or anyone else for that matter).

Okay - but that was what the difference in opinion was about.

I don't see anyone arguing that it is a bad thing that it will ultimately get settled on the mat in favor of rankings. This is the rankings thread, is it not? I'm glad that the rankings get done to recognize the kids. The beauty is that it generates discussion, but ultimately doesn't decide anything.

I agree if he was healthy. I assumed that he was banged up from football because of the post I replied to.