New OHSAA Divisions

Why? Is it horrible for Altar and Badin and Hoban and DeSales and Chatard and Cathedral and all the other private schools who thrive around the country?

Elder will remain in the GCL and will still have Moe and X as its primary rivals. They will be judged in the league and on their success at state.
That’s just not what Elder is or ever has been. I’m sure others will disagree. JMO.

The last day of the voting period for the six OHSAA referendum issues is this coming Wednesday. Issue 1B is the "opt up to D-I" referendum. The results will be announced Thursday.

Yes, this could all change if this passes. Elder could just opt back into D1. Instead of opt up, I think they should put in a layer of enrollment boost due to recent success. Other states do this.

The divisional assignments and regional tournament representation should be considered preliminary, as OHSAA member schools may opt to move up to Division I if Referendum Issue 1B passes this spring. Results of the referendum voting will be announced May 16. Any changes to divisional assignments or tournament representation as a result of schools opting up to Division I will be announced by the OHSAA at a later date.

So are schools like Moeller reporting their entire returning roster on all 3 for competitive balance numbers?
I think I understand your question. Yes.
But everyone is. But the numbers are different for each sport depending on where the kid come from for each spot. Example: Elder has one basketball player from out of district Moeller has almost 30. (Grades 10,11 and 12 total)

A “success factor” was part of the original competitive balance proposal but I guess it got voted down.
I hope Elder opts “up”.
They way it has been explained to me is that when next years Freshman class of 255 are Sophmores Elder will automatically be moved to D1 in all sports anyway.

Correction- Competitive Balane is based on NEXT years 10, 11 and 12 classes. So Estep did count.

Straight from the OHSAA website about competitive balance calculation.

Football
In the sport of football, all students in grades 10 through 12, plus any ninth grade student who played in a varsity regular season contest (including ninth-graders who played but later were not part of the team due to injury, transfer, move, quit, dismissal, etc.), MUST annually be entered in the rostering system and assigned a specific tier

Other Sports
In the sports of soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball, all students who are listed on your OHSAA tournamentroster, plus any student who played in a varsity regular season contest (including students who played but later were not part of the team due to injury, transfer, move, quit, dismissal, etc.), MUST annually be entered in the rostering system and assigned a specific tier.
• NOTE: This is a change from past practice when all students in grades 9 through 12 were entered.
• The tournament roster limits are 22 for soccer, baseball and softball and 15 for basketball and volleyball.

Which Feeder school designation provided by the OHSAA would you choose if you wanted Elder to report a higher competitive balance number. Does Elder claim both? Do they have to claim both? Can they be strategic and only claim Cincinnati City - West since Elder is located in the city and not Green Township?

Oak Hills Local
Our Lady of Victory
Our Lady of Visitation
St. Aloysius Gonzaga
St. Dominic
St. Jude

Cincinnati City- West Attendance Zone
Holy Family
Our Lady Of Lourdes
Resurrection
St. Aloysius On-The-Ohio
St. Antoninus
St. Catharine Of Siena
St. Joseph
St. Lawrence
St. Martin Of Tours
St. Teresa Of Avila
St. William

From what I've read Elder and all non-public schools have a couple of choices when it comes selecting their designated feeder schools. Option 1, the original method, requires a school to select a public school district attendance zone. Option 2 came about in 2019 as the result of litigation commenced by the GCL Co-Ed schools. It permits non-public schools to utilize all elementary schools of the same system of education that are physically located within a 12.5-mile radius of the high school as designated feeder schools. The two methods yield different numbers. So if Elder's base enrollment number puts it in D-II for football, and one option will keep them there and the second will bump them up to D-I, the school can choose which way they want to go. If both will bump them up to D-I the choice they make of course is meaningless.
I know others know way more about this than I do, and if any of this is wrong please post a correction. Thanks.

From what I've read Elder and all non-public schools have a couple of choices when it comes selecting their designated feeder schools. Option 1, the original method, requires a school to select a public school district attendance zone. Option 2 came about in 2019 as the result of litigation commenced by the GCL Co-Ed schools. It permits non-public schools to utilize all elementary schools of the same system of education that are physically located within a 12.5-mile radius of the high school as designated feeder schools. The two methods yield different numbers. So if Elder's base enrollment number puts it in D-II for football, and one option will keep them there and the second will bump them up to D-I, the school can choose which way they want to go. If both will bump them up to D-I the choice they make of course is meaningless.
I know others know way more about this than I do, and if any of this is wrong please post a correction. Thanks.
This is interesting. It feels like the 12.5 mile option would yield the higher number no matter, no? Or am I misinterpreting? For example, if Elder went this route, this would still include, I believe, all of Oak Hills and would also include the majority, if not all, of Three Rivers. This would also get Elder into Colerain territory and obviously CPS. Or would it be a 12.5 mile radius and they would pick one school system within that radius?