New Miami (10-0) Vs. New Bremen (7-3)

Now that the girls have won the state volleyball title, the whole town of NB can finally focus exclusively on the football team. Good luck against Perry!

I thought the players on both sides showed class - giving a hand up after a play and that type of thing. NM really packed the joint. Lots of excitement in that little town. I can recall South and Dixie scrimmaging them years ago, and it was ugly, so the coach did a good job of getting that program on track. A bit of consternation in the stands after the chop block call - on the defense. Covered football for a long time. I can see it being possible but that is a rarity. But in the grand scheme of things it didn't make much difference. NB showed that they can pass and run, so there is some balance on offense. Defense was good, only gave up a single TD with the 1st string in the game. They did have a couple of turnovers, but they shrugged those off.

I did see a cop pull over a car on the way home in 7 mile. Probably had some sort of revenue sharing set up with NM police department since they were busy providing security for the game. "Hey man c'mon, give us a cut from all those Cardinal fans we are sending your way for you pull over on the way home."

I thought the players on both sides showed class - giving a hand up after a play and that type of thing. NM really packed the joint. Lots of excitement in that little town. I can recall South and Dixie scrimmaging them years ago, and it was ugly, so the coach did a good job of getting that program on track. A bit of consternation in the stands after the chop block call - on the defense. Covered football for a long time. I can see it being possible but that is a rarity. But in the grand scheme of things it didn't make much difference. NB showed that they can pass and run, so there is some balance on offense. Defense was good, only gave up a single TD with the 1st string in the game. They did have a couple of turnovers, but they shrugged those off.

I did see a cop pull over a car on the way home in 7 mile. Probably had some sort of revenue sharing set up with NM police department since they were busy providing security for the game. "Hey man c'mon, give us a cut from all those Cardinal fans we are sending your way for you pull over on the way home."
7 mile don't share theirs with the camera company,it'll be their day @ Mayor's court

I have an Question or observation though,googled up enrollment # s New Miami @157 students total 9-12 New Bremen and other MAC schools 280 or more ,that's a high percentage difference,hats off to them on the size of the teams they can field.

I have an Question or observation though,googled up enrollment # s New Miami @157 students total 9-12 New Bremen and other MAC schools 280 or more ,that's a high percentage difference,hats off to them on the size of the teams they can field.
I think I know what you are getting at, at least what some people will extrapolate from the numbers you posted.

The OHSAa has the adjustment enrillment for NM at 93 and NB at 89.

NM's open enrollment competitive balance additions to their enrollment is 13.

NB's is 6.

NM, football numbers wise, has benefited from OE more than NB this season.

MAC schools tend to have much higher players on the team not due to OE, transfers or whatever, it's because those sbools just have typically a much higher amount of kids who play football.

Last edited:
I think NB could be in a very interesting situation saturday. I could see their volleyball team winning the State Title, I wonder how many people that will pull from the football game. There will obviously be a big caravan heading back to NB to celebrate with the vball team.....

If was the administration I would pack up the volleyball team and their gold trophy and head south to the game! That would be an all time classy move. Celebrate when both teams get back into town, IMO i think both will be victorious!

The girls did come after winning state title. Here they are with the football team after the game.

To coach Hubbard and the rest of the NM coaching staff. Two years ago you planned how to turn the program and you are certainly doing that. First year playoffs second year host home game and now to start scheduling to better equip you to play Mac schools and compete. While I couldn’t be there in person I listened with a broken heart in Jamaica while throwing a couple back in the beach lol. What has been done in that small town with a little hope and a whole lotta love is just amazing.

To coach Hubbard and the rest of the NM coaching staff. Two years ago you planned how to turn the program and you are certainly doing that. First year playoffs second year host home game and now to start scheduling to better equip you to play Mac schools and compete. While I couldn’t be there in person I listened with a broken heart in Jamaica while throwing a couple back in the beach lol. What has been done in that small town with a little hope and a whole lotta love is just amazing.
PS congrats NB on your victory and girls vb state championship. I love the way small schools rally together for all their sports. Makes for an amazing community.

Sounds like it was a very awesome night of high school football. Congrats to New Miami on an incredible 10-0 regular season. Congrats to New Bremen girls for the Volleyball State Championship, and congrats to the football team on a nice victory. Good luck this weekend!

By all means this is no disrespect to New Miami but they have so many things going against them in this game. They have what is most likely the schools 1st home playoff game (not sure if they ever had one) and that puts so much pressure on the players coaches and fans to not blow it and if one of them drops the ball it will all explode. Then you throw on the fact you are playing a MAC school that went 7-3 (the MAC is something like 80-9 in the 1st round of the playoffs and most of the losses are against MAC schools). Again no disrespect but NM also plays in a conference that would get smoked by most teams in the CCC and the CCC has been getting smoked by average to bad MAC schools for years. It is great what your program has done and should give your community pride and something to grow from but facts are facts and I see this going down NB 42 NM 7.
Wow, what prophetic prediction.