New all time 3 point leader

Jimurphey1

Congratulations to Tri-Village's Rylee Sagester as she breaks the OHSAA all time 3 point record!!! 379 and counting!!!

Saw she set the mark by making one to give her team a 43-0 lead tonight. Yay, I guess?
And the starters only played ~2Q. The team hadn't played since 2/2; they have to actually play part of the game. Heck; every girl on the roster scored last night.

Saw she set the mark by making one to give her team a 43-0 lead tonight. Yay, I guess?
Yes! The Tri Village defense held them to 7 points under their season average. This game makes me wonder if qualifying for the tournament may not be a good idea.

Is the kid not allowed to shoot the ball in the 2nd Q of a state tournament game her senior year? This is a weak take.

Kids who break records in today's game do so against more preparation than there ever was (with Hudl and other video scouting tools available) - as well as a running clock in effect - which essentially wipes out the 2nd half of many games for top teams. It is harder than ever to break statistical records.

I would love to go back in Football and Basketball and adjust all of the numbers for career points, rebounds and assists - taking into account what the numbers would have been with a running clock taking away all points in the 2nd halves of games for players on great teams. Now - the same could be said for not having a 3-point line, having Hudl to scout, playing 22 games instead of 20 - but regardless - when you put up record-breaking numbers, it is impressive!

Congrats Rylee!

Is the kid not allowed to shoot the ball in the 2nd Q of a state tournament game her senior year? This is a weak take.

Kids who break records in today's game do so against more preparation than there ever was (with Hudl and other video scouting tools available) - as well as a running clock in effect - which essentially wipes out the 2nd half of many games for top teams. It is harder than ever to break statistical records.

I would love to go back in Football and Basketball and adjust all of the numbers for career points, rebounds and assists - taking into account what the numbers would have been with a running clock taking away all points in the 2nd halves of games for players on great teams. Now - the same could be said for not having a 3-point line, having Hudl to scout, playing 22 games instead of 20 - but regardless - when you put up record-breaking numbers, it is impressive!

Congrats Rylee!
She is allowed to shoot any quarter of the game, but total shots per game for any one player when leading by 50 or more shall be restricted to 15. She took a total of 23 shots from three. Someone on the coaching staff should have been given the responsibility of tracking her number of shots and let her know she was shooting to kill an already vanquished opponent, not exactly very sportsman like. That is a direct violation of the Shair-it plan, created in the mid 1970's for when one school is beating the opponent in such a manner that the opponent may offer no to little resistance.