Neutral playoff game sites

Who says they have to (or would) listen?

Or perhaps you can tell us what the harm would be in releasing the list of potential hosts. Who would get hurt, and what damage would occur?

I just did.

Why won't you have this conversation with your AD?

Your contention is that OHSAA is obligated to read Yappi? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This is a favorite technique of yours, to put words in other people's mouths they never said so that you have something new to talk about since your original points have been destroyed.

Please post more, I'm fascinated to hear your musings on "the state of high school football in OH". Or were you waiting on this list of sites to finish the article?

This is a favorite technique of yours, to put words in other people's mouths they never said...
You clearly said that OHSAA would "have to listen to 50 different BS strawmen". In what venue would this mandatory listening take place?

You followed that up with the assertion that releasing the list of sites would result in "invent[ing] talking points like this just to have another topic". A topic where?

You clearly said that OHSAA would "have to listen to 50 different BS strawmen". In what venue would this mandatory listening take place?

You followed that up with the assertion that releasing the list of sites would result in "invent[ing] talking points like this just to have another topic". A topic where?

anywhere. I did not say Yappi, you did, which is a strawman you invented so you could argue with it.

Are you going to call your AD? Or are you too embarrassed about your talking point to waste their time with it.

Please, what is "the state of high school football in OH", don't waste another min depriving us of your opinion

So now OHSAA is worried about what two guys in a bar are talking about?

I did not say 2 guys in a bar, you did. That's a strawman you created so you could argue with your own strawman. A favorite technique of yours.

What is "the state of high school football in OH"?

I did not say 2 guys in a bar, you did.
You said, "anywhere". That's all-encompassing. It includes "two guys in a bar".

Why do you think that OHSAA would care about what people are talking about in casual conversation? More to the point, why would they be obligated to monitor those conversations?

You said, "anywhere". That's all-encompassing. It includes "two guys in a bar".

Why do you think that OHSAA would care about what people are talking about in casual conversation? More to the point, why would they be obligated to monitor those conversations?

You didn't ask what the OHSAA would be monitoring, you asked where ridiculous, time-wasting opinions might be shared. And then built two completely irrelevant strawmen to argue with.

And you you've built a third irrelevant strawman about casual conversation. Quite impressive really!

Are you ever going to share your manifesto about the state of football?

You didn't ask what the OHSAA would be monitoring...
You already answered that: "50 different BS strawmen". You then asserted the OHSAA would nonetheless be monitoring those discussions.

Dunno why you'd throw out such an absurdity, but you did.

You already answered that: "50 different BS strawmen". You then asserted the OHSAA would nonetheless be monitoring those discussions.

Dunno why you'd throw out such an absurdity, but you did.
I never asserted that, you just aren't capable of carrying on a conversation without creating false strawmen, so you keep doing it.

I will make you a deal, you post your manifesto about the state of football here and I will help you publish it thru more traditional means, we can split profit 60/40 and I will handle all the publicity for you.

But you do have to call your AD for comment as part of the deal

This whole discussion reminds me of a board I used to frequent involving NCAA DIII. People were all up in arms about something quite ridiculous. They said they were going to write the President of the NCAA to address it. Somebody made an account with his name and replied "Thank you for your interest in college athletics" and that was all. It later became the default response on the board when people would complain about one thing or another that the NCAA was doing that they didn't like.

So, in that vein...
Thank you for your interest in high school athletics.

This whole discussion reminds me of a board I used to frequent involving NCAA DIII. People were all up in arms about something quite ridiculous. They said they were going to write the President of the NCAA to address it. Somebody made an account with his name and replied "Thank you for your interest in college athletics" and that was all. It later became the default response on the board when people would complain about one thing or another that the NCAA was doing that they didn't like.

So, in that vein...
Thank you for your interest in high school athletics.

That's great, and all, but who will think of all those poor "dudes in the bar" who have nothing to speculate on unless the OHSAA publishes this list! Can't someone write a letter to the OHSAA on their behalf so they don't just sit there silent? Do you people have no souls?

The obvious answer is, the OHSAA needs to change their conditions of membership to include a clause stating "All member institution's facilities will be made available to the OHSAA for use in conducting postseason play upon request."

From the discussions on where to hold the State Championship games, Canton or SWO, it would appear we are lucky that anyone wants to host neutral site games at all. I'm just glad there is such a list, publicized like Taylor Swift is, or secret like the Manhattan Project was.

From the discussions on where to hold the State Championship games, Canton or SWO, it would appear we are lucky that anyone wants to host neutral site games at all. I'm just glad there is such a list, publicized like Taylor Swift is, or secret like the Manhattan Project was.
This maroon notwithstanding, taxpayers in various districts might want to know if their stadium (which sits unused most of the year) could possibly be used to generate some amount of revenue that may otherwise go uncaptured. As clearly stated earlier it's "not important information -- it's a casual query", but no one has yet given a reasonable downside to publicizing this info.

This maroon notwithstanding, taxpayers in various districts might want to know if their stadium (which sits unused most of the year) could possibly be used to generate some amount of revenue that may otherwise go uncaptured. As clearly stated earlier it's "not important information -- it's a casual query", but no one has yet given a reasonable downside to publicizing this info.

Great, then it should be reasonable to call your AD and have the conversation. Please report back how that goes.

Great. Please submit a FOIA request to every public school in Ohio requesting any emails or other documents communicated to the OHSAA regarding hosting neutral site football games. Then, you can compile them and publish them for everybody here. All 12 people who are interested will be grateful forever and ever.

Great. Please submit a FOIA request to every public school in Ohio requesting any emails or other documents communicated to the OHSAA regarding hosting neutral site football games. Then, you can compile them and publish them for everybody here. All 12 people who are interested will be grateful forever and ever.
1699382328548.png

It's a waste of someone's time who has better things to do.

That's hilarious. Good stuff man.

You didn't ask what the OHSAA would be monitoring, you asked where ridiculous, time-wasting opinions might be shared. And then built two completely irrelevant strawmen to argue with.

And you you've built a third irrelevant strawman about casual conversation. Quite impressive really!

Are you ever going to share your manifesto about the state of football?

If you put him on “ignore”, you can’t see what he posts. It’s been very helpful.

The super vast majority of playoff games were neutral sites until 1999 when it went to 8 teams per region qualifying. At least from the mid 80's which is where my memory begins.

Why would they announce the sites without knowing who the participants are?
Had to necro this post to point out that's exactly what they did with the semis. Locations were announced before the regional championships were played. :unsure:

You want to know why? Ask OHSAA; they did it.

Had to necro this post to point out that's exactly what they did with the semis. Locations were announced before the regional championships were played. :unsure:

You want to know why? Ask OHSAA; they did it.

You are literally part of a group made up of less than 1% of ppl who want to know why, why are you asking everyone else instead of your AD?

Did you publish your HS Football manifesto yet?