Neuralink

People spent decades trying to perfect these things to help the mentally retarded, blind, deaf, and so on.

Musk said he'd be the first to get one. Guess that promise went out the window. But, y'know, money.

Anyone else play Cyberpunk 2077? Rouge hackers can hijack your brain and short circuit it with a virus.

My concern is this will be so commonplace in the future, that you’ll need it to be a functioning member of society. Similar to Smart Phones today.

I can’t wait to get Einstein-level smart and buy things by thinking about having my brain chip order them for me! Bring it on!

My concern is this will be so commonplace in the future, that you’ll need it to be a functioning member of society. Similar to Smart Phones today.
This. As these develop and humans essentially have AI inserted in their brain and can access information and calculate probabilities at breakneck speed everyone without one will be at a severe disadvantage. It will be the next step in our evolution.

There will be resistance as there always is but competition and survival of the fittest always wins. And TBH the future does not seem like a very enjoyable place to be an organic human. Glad I got in before the change. ;)

This. As these develop and humans essentially have AI inserted in their brain and can access information and calculate probabilities at breakneck speed everyone without one will be at a severe disadvantage. It will be the next step in our evolution.

There will be resistance as there always is but competition and survival of the fittest always wins. And TBH the future does not seem like a very enjoyable place to be an organic human. Glad I got in before the change. ;)

You’re absolutely right. Transhumanism will be the next defacto religion.

And like I said, there will always be ways to hack that and fry your brain.

You’re absolutely right. Transhumanism will be the next defacto religion.
And like I said, there will always be ways to hack that and fry your brain.
I like being human. I like being wrong (about 100 yapsters eye rolled). I like being curious about things I do not understand and the work I have to put in to understand them. I like being able to tune out.

The implant will make us lazy but will it matter?

Watch "The Sixth Finger" Outer Limits episode.

It'll make your socks roll up and down.

1707680959584.png

I heard they put one of these chips in Biden's head to try to jump start him for his campaign, but the thing started
smokin' and caught fire.