NBA thread

All the sudden after a west road trip sweep, the Sixers are #2 in the East. Doc seems to have all the parts humming along now, Maxey is coming off the bench and the team is playing real well. I do think they need another piece or two to hang with the Celtics or Bucks.

The Lakers get a high grade for trading Nunn to the Wizards for Rui Hachimura. The Lakers have a ton of gaurds and are short on the postion that Hachimura plays. He is an athletic 6'8 who has 7'2 wing span. He was averging 13 points a game in 24 minutes for the Wizards. He is also a real good defensive player. He is very good at making the 3 point shot from the corners. Playing 32 minutes he should everage over 15 points a game. The Lakers were graded a A by the basketball experts for this trade.

The Lakers get a high grade for trading Nunn to the Wizards for Rui Hachimura. The Lakers have a ton of gaurds and are short on the postion that Hachimura plays. He is an athletic 6'8 who has 7'2 wing span. He was averging 13 points a game in 24 minutes for the Wizards. He is also a real good defensive player. He is very good at making the 3 point shot from the corners. Playing 32 minutes he should everage over 15 points a game. The Lakers were graded a A by the basketball experts for this trade.
Interesting trade for the Lakers because LeBron doesn't typically do younger guys. Not sure what's up with Hachimura this season but his 3 point % is down about 8% from last season, so I wouldn't bank on him being a shooter. I think this trade was more for two disgruntled players where a change of scenery may be needed.

Someday, we'll look back at Ben Simmons like a novelty act. It's really hard to believe that Ben is a 3 time all star, max contract, first pick overall. Actually Bret Brown and Doc Rivers deserves a bonus for coaching him.
I can't imagine a better example of the negative side of AAU basketball, of going to a basketball academy, and being more enabled than Ben. He's never fully developed his game, he has little competitive fire.

NBA All star voting is an absolute joke. Joel Embiid, who with Luka and Jokic are up for league MVP, isn't even STARTING for the east???

Now I'm not going to single out any of the current East startrs, but Embiid is at least, at least the 2nd best player in the East.

Just a joke.

Keep disrespecting Embiid, he dropped a 47/18 on Jokic and the Nuggetts today. Dude has purpose.

Better all around player in the NBA today than Joel Embiid? Don't think so. 33 PPG, 53% FG%, 81% FT%, 10 RPG and he protects the rim.
Jokic is superior. Closer to 26 PPG, but shoots 62% (9 points higher), 82% FT, 11 Rebounds, and has almost 3 times as many assists (9.9 per game) as Embiid. Embiid has 1 block per game more than Jokic - Jokic has more steals. Defense is not a difference maker.

When healthy Embiid is in the conversation. But his best season was 68 games, most are far less. Given my choice of players to build a team, Embiid would be down the list a ways because he is not reliably available.

Jokic is superior. Closer to 26 PPG, but shoots 62% (9 points higher), 82% FT, 11 Rebounds, and has almost 3 times as many assists (9.9 per game) as Embiid. Embiid has 1 block per game more than Jokic - Jokic has more steals. Defense is not a difference maker.

When healthy Embiid is in the conversation. But his best season was 68 games, most are far less. Given my choice of players to build a team, Embiid would be down the list a ways because he is not reliably available.
Wrong conference. I don’t disagree with your assessment, but his rant was in relation to the All Star starters, so Jokic wasn’t the question. It’s whether or not Giannis, KD or Tatum shouldn’t have been starters.

I don’t buy into the disrespect argument. There’s only three spots in the starting lineup for a big man and he’s probably fourth in that discussion.

That's because Denver has no PG and runs their offense thru Jokic. Embiid plays with Harden, who has the ball in this hands 70% of the time. Embiid has better mid range game and more moves, and is a much better defender.

Wrong conference. I don’t disagree with your assessment, but his rant was in relation to the All Star starters, so Jokic wasn’t the question. It’s whether or not Giannis, KD or Tatum shouldn’t have been starters.

I don’t buy into the disrespect argument. There’s only three spots in the starting lineup for a big man and he’s probably fourth in that discussion.
I'd call Tatum an off guard, he's not a forward. And even KD isn't a front court players.

That's because Denver has no PG and runs their offense thru Jokic. Embiid plays with Harden, who has the ball in this hands 70% of the time. Embiid has better mid range game and more moves, and is a much better defender.
That all sounds like opinion as opposed to fact. Only a Sixers fan would take Embiid over Jokic.

So what about the availability issue?

And by the way, can we go back and look at the 100's of games where LeBron got the call as opposed to Saturday's no call with Boston??? Good heavens he looked like a two year old throwing a tantrum.

Orlando is trending up and a team to keep an eye on, they beat up the Celtics recently too. Not only is Banchero the likely ROY they have seen nice growth from their Sophomore class, but like most young teams they pull stinkers and fail to close out tough games. Once they figure that out and if they can talk some decent free agents to go to Orlando and play in a state without income they should be a playoff team for years to come. Finally they have their own pick and the Bulls pick this year so they have some draft capital if they want to swing a nice trade.

I realize many sports fans have moved away from the NBA for various reasons over the last several years. The NBA has an awful marketing image, and yes, they'll continue to make enough money to operate because there are enough of us who drink the kool aid. But at somepoint it's going to be too much.
The latest is the Kyrie Irving saga. I've followed NBA basketball since the late 1970's. I've never seen a player who is more difficult to deal with than Kyrie Irving. He played 11 games at Duke due to injury. Was drafted by the Cavs and was their best player early on, LeBron comes, they win a title, but even then, you knew something was up. After the championship year, he LEAVES for Boston. Was in Boston for two seasons but missed most of it due to injury. Then Brooklyn is the next sucker who takes him on. He literally goes AWOL, no one knows where he's at, he misses a bunch of games. Of course last year he doesn't get vaccinated and so misses games. This guy has the audacity to ask for a trade?? He's made millions and millions and millions of dollars being a basketball player!!!! And yet there seems to be no gratitude, no humbleness, no self awareness of how fortunate he is???
And yet the NBA continues to enable this guy??? At what point do you step in as a league, through the commishoners office and tell players they are bad for the league and business?? At this point I don't care how good he is at basketball. What good is it if you're a goofball like him? Any of his teams winning much lately? You take out his championship year with the Cavs on LeBron's coattails and he's had a pretty disappointing career.

Nets Owner Joe Tsai Reportedly Didn't Care Where They Traded Kyrie Irving As Long As It Wasn't To The Lakers Since That's What He Wanted​

Hilarious!!!

Nets Owner Joe Tsai Reportedly Didn't Care Where They Traded Kyrie Irving As Long As It Wasn't To The Lakers Since That's What He Wanted​

Hilarious!!!
Good for him.