NBA Season Has Been Suspended

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Now they are projecting a mid-June startup. Possibly playing the Finals into August. Not sure whether that includes fans or not.

Red14

I think you will see an NBA playoffs, no matter how long the wait is. The NBA has too much invested in this season and LeBron can win it. I could even see a modified version that would only take the top 4 or top 2 teams per conference to the playoffs.

wghfan

Just cancel the whole thing. I know I wouldn't care. I would rather watch March Madness if I had the choice

thavoice

I think theyhave played enough of the season that if they come back they can just head straight to the playoffs...

Red14

Just cancel the whole thing. I know I wouldn't care. I would rather watch March Madness if I had the choice
March Madness is done, it's unfortunate as I like it as well, but I also like the NBA playoffs. I think the NBA has alot of flexibilty here. They can start the playoffs in July if needed. I could also see the NBA moving the regular season permanently moving forward as well. They have to compete with the NfL in Nov and Dec anyway. Start the NBA regular season after Christmas, run the regular season to end of May, early June, start the playoffs and complete the finals by the end of August. That puts you away from the NFL.

thavoice

March Madness is done, it's unfortunate as I like it as well, but I also like the NBA playoffs. I think the NBA has alot of flexibilty here. They can start the playoffs in July if needed. I could also see the NBA moving the regular season permanently moving forward as well. They have to compete with the NfL in Nov and Dec anyway. Start the NBA regular season after Christmas, run the regular season to end of May, early June, start the playoffs and complete the finals by the end of August. That puts you away from the NFL.
It is utterly stupid for the NBA to move their games until after Christmas and run games through August. NFL has games 3 days a week, plenty of room for NBA in the current time slot.

Orin Swift

I think it'll be a few years but this is apparently being discussed by the NBAs higher ups. I'm all for it.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Anyone think we will have NBA playoffs? August or so?
When does the 2020-2021 season start? When are the contracts through and when does free agency start? It will probably come down to money for the Players Union whether they can get a late season in.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
It would just be interesting to see them finish out the season with all the players waiting for FA until after the season ends. If it's late enough, they can pack up their bags and head over to their new team to start the preseason a couple weeks later.