NBA Discussion

You're right you didn't say it WOULD, you said it MAY HAVE. So let me re-phrase my post, if Draymond doesn't get himself suspended for Game 5, then GS MAY HAVE been going for a 3-peat this year.

True. I get what you are saying. My point mainly was that I don't think there was a huge amount of seperation between them, obviously more there was more this year with them adding Durant.

I can't say that I am surprised that Kyrie wants to leave the Cavs before LeBron does. He was set up to be the guy, he got trumped by LBJ's return, and he would look to be left on a rebuilding team in his last good years when LeBron is done. He'll take the blame and his stock will fall. He has less guaranteed money than Tristan.

If he gets traded out and has a great year, he'll try to renegotiate and may do better.

Does anyone wonder if we saw a passive-aggressive lay-down job by him this year in the playoffs ?

Not a bad signing in D Rose. Literally a no risk contract for the Cavs, and he could potentially fill the Irving void if Cleveland swings Kyrie

Not a bad signing in D Rose. Literally a no risk contract for the Cavs, and he could potentially fill the Irving void if Cleveland swings Kyrie

Love the signing. Especially if they can get a starting caliber PG in an Irving trade. D Rose would have been perfect for the Cavs before Kyrie requesting a trade. Would have been able to spell LeBron without the Cavs completely falling apart for 15-20 minutes a game.

It's not like they're going to lose Kyrie and get nothing in return. He's got two years on his contract so if they can't get a great deal for him then they'll just keep him and still be by far the best team in the East

Well obviously they aren't going to lose him and get nothing in return. That doesn't mean they'll get a great starting PG in return either.

Kyrie wants out, so the leverage is lost somewhat. They'll get a good deal, but again, LB is so finicky in who he plays with, will they be a fit?

Lebron refusing to tell the team what his plans are year to year makes this trade very difficult. If Lebron is leaving after this year, you pretty much have to trade Kyrie for cheap young assets and a boat load of draft picks. If they trade for Carmello, then Lebron leaves after the season, they're completely fuc***.

Lebron refusing to tell the team what his plans are year to year makes this trade very difficult. If Lebron is leaving after this year, you pretty much have to trade Kyrie for cheap young assets and a boat load of draft picks. If they trade for Carmello, then Lebron leaves after the season, they're completely fuc***.

I can't believe that anyone is really considering Melo for anything involving winning in '17-18.

A lot of the points being made here are why I am not a LeBron fan. He totally has the Cavs by the balls and wants to be catered to way to much. Great player but I don't respect him in a lot of ways

A lot of the points being made here are why I am not a LeBron fan. He totally has the Cavs by the balls and wants to be catered to way to much. Great player but I don't respect him in a lot of ways

There is plenty not to like about his off-court games.

When they needed a power forward at the end of his first turn here, and they got Jamison, that would have been the last straw for me. After having had a veritable clown show as half of his supporting cast for years, that had to be frustrating. so, I understand the desire to keep pressure on the front office to not be complacent. The NBA rules that make resigning after short contracts the way to maximize salary don't help.

The players/owners balance in the NBA has evolved into the players having the majority of the power, allowing the high visibility athletes to govern everything.