National Title Game: Gonzaga vs North Carolina

Who wins: Gonzaga vs North Carolina

• Gonzaga

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Will come down to who wins the rebounding battle. UNC led the nation in offensive rebounding and rebounding margin. Will be interested to see how many minutes Few plays his twin towers lineup with Karnowski and Collins, and if so how successful that is at keeping UNC off the glass.

if Gonzaga shoots anything like they did from 3 the last two games, then they will win.

if UNC can hold them to around 30-35% from 3 (which i believe is where they were all year - maybe worse. i think they were like 289th in 3 pt % in the nation entering the tourney), then UNC will win.

i'll go with the Zags.

Berry's injury status may be key.

Nothing like sitting on the fence about something, eh?

Game on at 9:00 to appease West Coast fruits & nuts. :)

Last edited:
Always nice to see the season end in a total sham of a game that did nothing to decide who the better team was

Gonzaga did not shoot as well as in previous games and their big men did not have a good night.

This is starting out as a bad year for sports with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and now North Carolina winning the national championship. I don't like either one of those teams at all.

I can operate just fine on 5-6 hours of sleep.

That's what I used to average until recently. Long story short, while in school I could only get four hours of sleep daily until the weekend. I would crank out about ten each on SAT and SUN. That carried over into my work life - though three four hour nights in a row was my (foolish) max. Now that I am working only thirty-six or so hours per week, I make sure I get at least six per night during the week and at least eight on weekends. Surprise: I feel a lot better each day - not just on the w/e.

Tonight's game: I'd like to see a two out of three series. But, that's not the way it works...

Makes me sick to see UNC win anything after the NCAA let them skate with no penalty after uncovering a decades long systemic program of academic cheating to keep their athletes...including basketball players...eligible.

Makes me sick to see UNC win anything after the NCAA let them skate with no penalty after uncovering a decades long systemic program of academic cheating to keep their athletes...including basketball players...eligible.

right. because these players were directly involved with that, so we should punish them?

i'm not condoning it. and i thought i read that they are still investigating and have not issued a penalty yet. is that correct?

either way, what happened several years ago at UNC has very little to do with what this team accomplished this season.

i would've liked to seen Gonzaga get a better shot in the end but UNC made a nice block and runout dunk to basically seal it.

Gonzagas bigs, specifically the Polish Beard - were horrible. Polish Beard couldn't make a shot, was throwing terrible passes, etc., most in the first half and the Zags still led by 3 at half.

officiating took away the flow but they did it to both teams. it wasn't like it was a one-sided affair. it still managed to be a 1 possession game with under a minute.

right. because these players were directly involved with that, so we should punish them?

i'm not condoning it. and i thought i read that they are still investigating and have not issued a penalty yet. is that correct?

either way, what happened several years ago at UNC has very little to do with what this team accomplished this season.

i would've liked to seen Gonzaga get a better shot in the end but UNC made a nice block and runout dunk to basically seal it.

Gonzagas bigs, specifically the Polish Beard - were horrible. Polish Beard couldn't make a shot, was throwing terrible passes, etc., most in the first half and the Zags still led by 3 at half.

officiating took away the flow but they did it to both teams. it wasn't like it was a one-sided affair. it still managed to be a 1 possession game with under a minute.

right so the NCAA shouldnt hand out punishments if they are not handed out within 4 years from when the rule breaking took place?

right so the NCAA shouldnt hand out punishments if they are not handed out within 4 years from when the rule breaking took place?

the punishments are a joke. vacating wins? seriously?

the investigation is still ongoing and these kids aren't part of that. i'm not saying they don't punish the school/university/program but what are they going to do now as a punishment? vacate this national title? give it to the Zags?

the fact that this whole situation hasn't been decided yet is a product of the entire NCAA, it's rules/bylaws, etc being a total clusterf&%$.

Just a couple of quick comments from last night...

There is no guarantee we are going to get a fantastic championship game. Both teams were big and physical, and like to play that way. Hence, we get a game with alot of fouls. Amazes me that many fans - some very knowledgeable immediately drop blame on the officials??

Why are we so quick to blame authority in this world? We blame our leaders, police, anyone other than the people who have control over the situations, in this case the players. In basketball, each player in college gets 5 fouls. You have to adjust to the way the game is being played, and how much time is left. If you and your coach can't figure that out, it's not the officials fault. The officials last night have done many big games, they were not rookies, they are evaluated and chosen for the work they've done. No one seems to take that into consideration. Always love the person that says "let them play" when his teams on defense, then begs for fouls when his teams on offense?? Can't have it both ways.

Reminds me of that joke from the 80's...

The NCAA got so mad at Kentucky that it threw the book at Cleveland State. UNC...odd place...exceptional academic university, but with a pretty sordid history in athletics.

Just a couple of quick comments from last night...

There is no guarantee we are going to get a fantastic championship game. Both teams were big and physical, and like to play that way. Hence, we get a game with alot of fouls. Amazes me that many fans - some very knowledgeable immediately drop blame on the officials??

Why are we so quick to blame authority in this world? We blame our leaders, police, anyone other than the people who have control over the situations, in this case the players. In basketball, each player in college gets 5 fouls. You have to adjust to the way the game is being played, and how much time is left. If you and your coach can't figure that out, it's not the officials fault. The officials last night have done many big games, they were not rookies, they are evaluated and chosen for the work they've done. No one seems to take that into consideration. Always love the person that says "let them play" when his teams on defense, then begs for fouls when his teams on offense?? Can't have it both ways.

:laugh: wow, have you ever made a decent post?

For the most part the game stunk. The ending was fairly interesting, but it was virtually impossible to watch before that.

Missed shots right around the basket, bad percentage from 3, and some truly horrible free throw shooting.

They really need to get rid of this review thing. Its killing the flow of the game. Centralize the decisions and put a time limit on it if you are going to do it.

My main takeaway is the Gonzaga has talent on par with all the top schools. At least this year. Even the Adam Morrison Gonzaga teams were fighting an uphill battle, but this team wasn't. They were very talented.