NASCAR's greatest thing ever just happened

thePITman

Disclaimer: I've never watched NASCAR. Ever. But I heard about this, and it is pretty sweet! And based on the videos I've watched, this is the greatest thing ever to happen in NASCAR.

Background: (I apologize for probably butchering what really happened, but this is what I took from it)
This is the last race of some qualifying series or something, and you need to get in the top 4 to qualify for the championship race.

It's the last lap, and car #1 is 2 spots out from qualifying for the Final 4. So what's he do? He floors it around the final corner, crashing/riding into the wall the entire way, passing something like 5 cars and making it into the Final 4!

And the last car he passed right at the checkered flag was #11, who I think dropped out of the Final 4 because of #1's move.

Anyway, here are some videos:

Watch this starting at 0:25-1:00

Cool video with dash cams and audio from the various drivers and their pit crew as it happened (Facebook):

This guy's reaction is hilarious (Facebook):

Last edited:

Zunardo

af651ac03e147b20b94e823a136b83cc.gif

brianwr112

The hardcore NASCAR guys saying it was bad for the sport make me laugh. It made headline news on every major outlet and talk shows talked about them for a few minutes. Maybe a few new people tune in next week. But I highly doubt fans are leaving the sport because of it

Spille

Greatest move in the history of the sport. Huge fan of racing, though I prefer dirt, but this will be legendary in NASCAR.

eastisbest

Greatest move in the history of the sport. Huge fan of racing, though I prefer dirt, but this will be legendary in NASCAR.
the old farts are saying "In the day we did that on a 10 feet dirt ledge over a 500 foot drop with revenuers on our tail and a jug in our hand..."