MVL 2022

Shots fired at Piqua?
I have never been to Piqua. I have lived in 6 different states and watched many high school football games. I have seen very few unique high school football fields at the school. The field at Tipp City seems unique to me but then I played there many moons ago. The field was crowned to drain water but if you were on one sideline you would only see the players from the waist up if they were near the other sideline.

Tipp vs Butler will officially be played at Sidney. Let us not forget that 2 sitting board members at Tipp stated they would rather the kids not play any homes games this year then “rush into a decision on building bleachers”
Hopefully you're all treated right on your visit! Good luck to both teams!

Tipp vs Butler will officially be played at Sidney. Let us not forget that 2 sitting board members at Tipp stated they would rather the kids not play any homes games this year then “rush into a decision on building bleachers”
Looks like Sidney is away on the 16th as well but Lehman may be home.

I hate this for the Tipp players, especially the seniors. Hopefully something gets solved and they can at least have a senior night at home.

Crazy Troy and piqua week is just another week. Still odd to me playing week 3. Not nearly the rivalry it used to be. I can’t remember the time when both were really good. It’s usually one is good and the other isn’t for the last decade or so. Piqua will probably put up a running clock

I will be kinda shocked if Piqua wins with a running clock. I think the Troy offense/Piqua defense will keep this game closer than that.

Congrats to Tipp for doing what they had to do to beat Sidney. I thought Sidney at times looked better than week one,but it's tough to overcome 147 yards in penalties,almost all committed by seniors. The def-line was more active,but the defense can't get the big stop when needed,but hopefully they improve,remember they only started two seniors against Tipp on defense.

Offensively penalties killed them. Sidney's o-line evidently does'nt practice against a run blitz,because they never pick it up. The QB was ok in the pocket but if he rolled out it was a struggle, he's a first year starter so he'll get better. It's frustrating when #2 toast's Tipp's db for a long touchdown and Sidney does'nt try it again, don;t overthink it. I think the soph running back is better at reading the hole,he just needs to stay healthy. It was strange walking into the stadium at 6:10 and seeing Sidney in full uniform,looking like a football team,what a novel idea. We'll see what happens at Greenville, I'm sure they'll get a heavy dose of Brock Short.

Congrats to Tipp for doing what they had to do to beat Sidney. I thought Sidney at times looked better than week one,but it's tough to overcome 147 yards in penalties,almost all committed by seniors. The def-line was more active,but the defense can't get the big stop when needed,but hopefully they improve,remember they only started two seniors against Tipp on defense.

Offensively penalties killed them. Sidney's o-line evidently does'nt practice against a run blitz,because they never pick it up. The QB was ok in the pocket but if he rolled out it was a struggle, he's a first year starter so he'll get better. It's frustrating when #2 toast's Tipp's db for a long touchdown and Sidney does'nt try it again, don;t overthink it. I think the soph running back is better at reading the hole,he just needs to stay healthy. It was strange walking into the stadium at 6:10 and seeing Sidney in full uniform,looking like a football team,what a novel idea. We'll see what happens at Greenville, I'm sure they'll get a heavy dose of Brock Short.
I was surprised Sidney didn't go to more long pass jump balls after it worked a few times early. Tipp's DBs didn't seem to know how to defend downfield passing so you'd think Sidney would try to take more advantage of that. Sidney had some decent success running the ball as well when the RB made a cut. Bellefontaine and Tipp were 2 tougher opponents, so it'll be interesting to see how they perform against some beatable opponents coming up.

I was surprised Sidney didn't go to more long pass jump balls after it worked a few times early. Tipp's DBs didn't seem to know how to defend downfield passing so you'd think Sidney would try to take more advantage of that. Sidney had some decent success running the ball as well when the RB made a cut. Bellefontaine and Tipp were 2 tougher opponents, so it'll be interesting to see how they perform against some beatable opponents coming up.
If they can get those penalties cleaned up, we'll have a better idea of what they really have. Hard to tell when you're going backwards every other play.

Tipp posted a bleacher update - https://www.tippcityschools.com/article/825090

The bleacher project at City Park is getting closer to completion. Tipp City Schools Director of Operations Kim Hagen said Sightlines Athletic Facilities, LLC is on schedule to finish installing the new bleachers by mid-September.

Hagen said the district selected Sightlines for the project because it had the bleachers in stock, and the company was willing to work on the installation in between its previously scheduled jobs. "Without this collaboration, the project would have been postponed for another year as companies are scheduling work for the spring and summer of 2023."

Sightlines finished installing the bleachers on the visitor side. Once bleacher installation on the home side is done, the Miami County Department of Development will inspect the work.

Hagen said a satisfactory inspection would allow the district to have home events at City Park.

"We look forward to welcoming fans back to the stadium with safer seating."
Is it just me, or is this basically just saying "they're on schedule, until they're not again."? Here's to hoping they actually stick to their word and get it done by mid-September.

The whole project is a joke. And no one is laughing. The facility will be marginally better than it was before starting and the end result is. 2/3 the seating, a new concession with restrooms, and a dead oak tree in the end zone. All for the bargain price of 6 million dollars

The whole project is a joke. And no one is laughing. The facility will be marginally better than it was before starting and the end result is. 2/3 the seating, a new concession with restrooms, and a dead oak tree in the end zone. All for the bargain price of 6 million dollars
Is that true, really going to be that much less seating? Wow.

Too bad things didn't go to plan with the original plan through fundraising. The renders they had posted at stadium a few years ago with that project looked nice. Looked like a much higher seating capacity than what is now getting put in (if 2/3 the original seating is true).

Is that true, really going to be that much less seating? Wow.

Too bad things didn't go to plan with the original plan through fundraising. The renders they had posted at stadium a few years ago with that project looked nice. Looked like a much higher seating capacity than what is now getting put in (if 2/3 the original seating is true).
No, that’s what the seating for this year will be, as I said before, after this year, the bleachers on the home side will be moved to the away side and new, bigger bleachers will be built on the home side next spring/summer

Can't ignore the turf, that's probably the most important aspect of the update. Not having worn out grass by the end of the season from all the soccer & football games is certainly a plus. And once the entire stadium is done, I would assume Tipp could have a chance to host some lower division playoff games if it works out right.

We sell both on line and at the gate. The bleachers are the last phase of a three phase project. Phase one was new football field and the building of the Jennings Track Complex. Phase two was the building of the field house which was just completed. So the new stadium will be done when the $ is there to complete phase three

Tipp is having a “purple out” against Butler tonight at Sidney in support of the Butler student that recently lost her life, which is a cool thing to see (the purple out).

A “home” game on the road wearing the other team’s colors. Definitely not the norm…

Last edited: