Mr. Football

Who do I think should win it? Owen Treece from Van Wert

Who will probably win it? Shane Hamm or Ian Kipp.
This year of all years, the WHOLE season should be taken into account. If that was the case, then the D4 final should have been the Mr Football final - winning QB wins the award. Both schools lost 1 game each to teams that weren't state champs. Treece should be it. If Baughman from Wadsworth could win it (still have no idea) then how could you not give it to Treece?

This year of all years, the WHOLE season should be taken into account. If that was the case, then the D4 final should have been the Mr Football final - winning QB wins the award. Both schools lost 1 game each to teams that weren't state champs. Treece should be it. If Baughman from Wadsworth could win it (still have no idea) then how could you not give it to Treece?
Evan Prater last year in 14 games had 49 total TD’s along with 1816 passing yards and 1509 rushing.
Owen Treece this year in 12 games had 57 total TD’s along with 3099 passing yards and 1051 rushing.

Because they (probably) will give it to Hamm— who played similarly well, at the same position, against much higher level competition.

Because they (probably) will give it to Hamm— who played similarly well, at the same position, against much higher level competition.
Then why give out the award if a division IV player with better stats won't win it?

No dismissing strength of schedule aspect..

I try and picture how a kid might look on the field with X or Hoban....

I'm not sure Kiner would stand out...

I do believe you'd notice Reid.

I know what Kipp has done for 3 years..

Carrico or Kipp.

Kipp don't play D.

Carrico.
X or Hoban? Heck I didn’t even notice Carrico against K-land. TWICE. Did he even suit up? I did however notice Mason Sullivan. 11 carries for a whopping 28 yards is not mr football material to me. People are dismissing Kiner just because his team lost head to head, well Carrico‘s team lost even worse and Kiner put up better numbers in his loss than Carrico did in his. I have to believe Kiner could muster more than 28 yards on 11 carries vs K-land. If there is anyone in D5 a front runner, to me it’s Sullivan. He shined head to head versus Carrico when Carrico was irrelevant but hey, what do I know? I’m just a lowly MAC guy that won’t ever see any of their guys get “mr football” because they are a lowly D6/D7. How dare them not have as many kids as St. X. Off with their heads...

Then why give out the award if a division IV player with better stats won't win it?
Is is the “best stats” award— or the ”best player” award? Because if it IS the best stats award, that would explain why it has gone a disproportionately large percentage of the time to somebody from a lower division, where it is easier to rack up those stats— but, if it IS the “best player” award, then maybe the voters should take a look (first and foremost) at the players that are highest rated by the college recruiting services (and who are getting the most offers from the top schools), and THEN, amongst that pool, take a look at who is putting up the best stats for their position— at least that way, dominant defensive players and offensive lineman (who might end up being the only players in a given year that go on to perform at the highest levels of football) could/would have a chance to win this award...

Giving the award to the kid with the “best stats” invariably means that it goes to an offensive player (unless, like Carrico, he plays [well] both ways)— and, more often than not, it will end up going to a lower division offensive player (like the Mauks) who racks up ridiculous stats against teams ill-equipped to defend against him.

So if Ohio is going to play that team up north, who would you draft 1st......Mr. Football. Any 5 star players?

So if Ohio is going to play that team up north, who would you draft 1st......Mr. Football. Any 5 star players?
I see there is 1 5 star player. Jack Sawyer
0.9986 rated by 247, that is the 4th highest ever recruit by TOSU.
There is your Mr. FOOTBALL.
Has anybody mentioned Jack yet?

That’s why I said START there— and then evaluate such players’ actual game results.
Well, I tried. Thanks for setting me straight 2012.
Has a Junior ever been selected Mr. Football? The Qb that played against the Cavs from Middletown Springfield was impressive.

Well, I tried. Thanks for setting me straight 2012.
Has a Junior ever been selected Mr. Football? The Qb that played against the Cavs from Middletown Springfield was impressive.

Yes:

Robert Smith / Euclid / 1988 / also repeated in 1989 as a senior.

Erick Howard / N.Can.Hoover / 2008 and 2009

:>---

EGA

Is is the “best stats” award— or the ”best player” award? Because if it IS the best stats award, that would explain why it has gone a disproportionately large percentage of the time to somebody from a lower division, where it is easier to rack up those stats— but, if it IS the “best player” award, then maybe the voters should take a look (first and foremost) at the players that are highest rated by the college recruiting services (and who are getting the most offers from the top schools), and THEN, amongst that pool, take a look at who is putting up the best stats for their position— at least that way, dominant defensive players and offensive lineman (who might end up being the only players in a given year that go on to perform at the highest levels of football) could/would have a chance to win this award...

Giving the award to the kid with the “best stats” invariably means that it goes to an offensive player (unless, like Carrico, he plays [well] both ways)— and, more often than not, it will end up going to a lower division offensive player (like the Mauks) who racks up ridiculous stats against teams ill-equipped to defend against him.

If that's the case, my guess is it would and should go to Kiner.

It appears that Mr. Football and the Ohio All-State Team(s) have been announced during the final week of Nov-first week of December over the past 2-3 years.

I'd assume with the district teams all being announced, that the All State Team/Mr. Football would be announced sometime this week?