Most State Titles by Brothers

DubStat

Ohio wrestling analytics
I’m trying to compile a list of state titles by brothers

Here is what I have so far. Who am I missing?

Hansons (9) Jim, Tim, Dan
Jordans (8) Jeff an Jim
Jordans (11) Bo, Micah, Rocky
Dernlans (10) Jeff, Steve, Matt, Tim
DiSabatos (11) not sure which one are brothers and which are cousins but did see that there’s 15 titles between all of them and 11 among 5 brothers - need some help here
Palmers (8) Lance, Collin
Opfers (8) Jared, Drew, Corey
Stiebers (8) Logan, Hunter

DiSabato- Vince, Leo, Luke, Adam, and Dom- Bishop Ready

Phil, David, and Andy were DeSales

Last edited:
DiSabato- Vince, Leo, Luke, Adam, and Dom- Bishop Ready

Phil, David, and Andy were DeSales
Correct , Vince (2) , Leo (2), Luke (1) , Mike (1) Adam (2) Dominic (3) = 11

Andy (1) and David (1) = 13 i know of ,throw in Cousin Bob Deli jr (2) and thats 15 for the family. Believe Bob Sr may have won a couple himself.

Andy (1) and David (1) = 13 i know of ,throw in Cousin Bob Deli jr (2) and thats 15 for the family. Believe Bob Sr may have won a couple himself.

Bob! I knew there was one I was forgetting! Can't believe I forgot him.

I’m already at work so I can’t look at my book of Mark Osgood’s. I wonder how many the Adkins family had? Misha, Billy, Mark and I think Herbie was two or three time runner up. I know runner-up doesn’t count but they had to have a few.

Thanks! That’s a lot of winning by the DiSabatos

🤯 that’s insane. Feel bad for the the three timers lol.
The 3 timers were 2,1,1,1.... 1,1,3,1.... 2,1,1,1.

Rocky lost to nemesis Cam Kelly in '15 finals freshman year.
Isaac lost in the '09 semis to Ty Mitch and got 3rd.
Ben was runner up in 2007, trivia: WHO DID HE LOSE TO IN FINALS?? (no cheating).

That's an average placement of 1.12

As family, they were 111-3 at the state tournament.

The 3 timers were 2,1,1,1.... 1,1,3,1.... 2,1,1,1.

Rocky lost to nemesis Cam Kelly in '15 finals freshman year.
Isaac lost in the '09 semis to Ty Mitch and got 3rd.
Ben was runner up in 2007, trivia: WHO DID HE LOSE TO IN FINALS?? (no cheating).

That's an average placement of 1.12

As family, they were 111-3 at the state tournament.
That's pretty impressive!

I believe Ben lost to Jeffrey Pelton from Bellevue?

I would be Interested to see the divisions these were won in.
In regards to a certain set of brothers or the whole list?

My best guess:

Hansons (9) Jim, Tim, Dan - not sure?
Jordans (8) Jeff an Jim - AA (today's D2)
Jordans (11) Bo, Micah, Rocky - D2
Jordans (6) Ben, Isaac - D2
Dernlans (10) Jeff, Steve, Matt, Tim - D3? or was it A?
DiSabatos (11) not sure which one are brothers and which are cousins but did see that there’s 15 titles between all of them and 11 among 5 brothers - need some help here - I believe all of the brothers titles came while the brothers attended Bishop Ready which was A or D3
Palmers (8) Lance, Collin - D1
Opfers (8) Jared, Drew, Corey - D3
Stiebers (8) Logan, Hunter - D3
Schlatters (8) CP, Dustin - D2 and D1 (Dustin's last 2 titles came while he was at Massillon Perry)
Mattins (6) Drew, Cole, Zack, Adam - D3

Wonder if Stiebers and Jordans win less titles. Same goes for Disabitos. They win in any division.
It would definitely be an interesting conversation piece. I think the majority of those you mention still win a majority of their titles. Maybe they lose 1 or 2 somewhere along the way?

It might be easier to go back through for the Stieber's and Jordan's (minus Jim/Jeff) to find results as their times were pretty recent. I think it would take a little more digging or someone with more resources than I to go back through for the DiSabato's and Jim/Jeff Jordan. but would be interesting to see the names of the guys who won state titles at a higher division and compare a hypothetical who would win scenario.

Likely. Who did Ed's have in those years. They are always a bigger threat than d2 or d3 teams
I watched Jordan beat Heil from Eds. Heil went on to win 2 National titles. My point is the different divisions for state championships can be tricky. When a wrestler wins a state title it's the pinnacle for high school wrestling. I'm not fan of anything that diminishes that. Imo

Likely. Who did Ed's have in those years. They are always a bigger threat than d2 or d3 teams
As a team? Yes I would agree with you Ed's possesses a much bigger threat than D2 or D3 teams, but there were numerous years where the kid from Ed's did not win a state title the years Logan/Hunter or the Jordan's (Ben, Isaac, Bo, Micah, Rocky) won a state title, so it's hard to flat out say yes they would have less titles just because Ed's is a better team.

Do I think they would have less titles if they were in different divisions, hard to say and it is a fun comparison and talking point to have. One would have to go back through and pull data for the years they won it and compare results to the guys who won the same weight class at a higher division. I would feel safe to say Logan and Bo still win 4 titles a piece. Micah, there were three years where he was in the same weight class as Dean Heil, two of those years Micah lost to Heil, but Micah's Junior year he beat Heil at the Ironman and in the dual, so I would say Micah beats him again for a state title. Rocky - there were years where the kid from Ed's was not the state champ, actually only 1 year of Rocky's career did a kid from Ed's at the same weight even place at the state tournament.

It would definitely be an interesting conversation piece. I think the majority of those you mention still win a majority of their titles. Maybe they lose 1 or 2 somewhere along the way?

It might be easier to go back through for the Stieber's and Jordan's (minus Jim/Jeff) to find results as their times were pretty recent. I think it would take a little more digging or someone with more resources than I to go back through for the DiSabato's and Jim/Jeff Jordan. but would be interesting to see the names of the guys who won state titles at a higher division and compare a hypothetical who would win scenario.
A good example would be Logan Steiber's freshman year if he was in D2, having to face off against David Taylor for his 1st state title( Iron Man rematch).

Im not bashing any of them. at all. i think its pretty unanimous that winning a title in d2 or 3 isnt near as tough as d1. there are obvious exceptions
It's not "bashing" to acknowledge winning a state title in D1 is Tougher than D2 D3 far more often than not. The exceptions are few, also winning 1 match that wasn't the State tournament doesn't guarantee a win against the same competitor at State in a second match up.

In regards to a certain set of brothers or the whole list?

My best guess:

Hansons (9) Jim, Tim, Dan - not sure?
Jordans (8) Jeff an Jim - AA (today's D2)
Jordans (11) Bo, Micah, Rocky - D2
Jordans (6) Ben, Isaac - D2
Dernlans (10) Jeff, Steve, Matt, Tim - D3? or was it A?
DiSabatos (11) not sure which one are brothers and which are cousins but did see that there’s 15 titles between all of them and 11 among 5 brothers - need some help here - I believe all of the brothers titles came while the brothers attended Bishop Ready which was A or D3
Palmers (8) Lance, Collin - D1
Opfers (8) Jared, Drew, Corey - D3
Stiebers (8) Logan, Hunter - D3
Schlatters (8) CP, Dustin - D2 and D1 (Dustin's last 2 titles came while he was at Massillon Perry)
Mattins (6) Drew, Cole, Zack, Adam - D3
Don't dismiss the Bishop Ready State Champs because most if not all their titles were Won in D3 .
Adam DiSabato who Won 2 Titles and was a 3x All American at Ohio State (3) (4) and a 6th and is in the Ohio State Athletic HOF. Ready grad Tommy Rowlands was a 2x National Champ and Ross Thatcher was a College AA also. Those kids were all trained right and they wrestled as tough a schedule back then as anyone.

Don't dismiss the Bishop Ready State Champs because most if not all their titles were Won in D3 .
Adam DiSabato who Won 2 Titles and was a 3x All American at Ohio State (3) (4) and a 6th and is in the Ohio State Athletic HOF. Ready grad Tommy Rowlands was a 2x National Champ and Ross Thatcher was a College AA also. Those kids were all trained right and they wrestled as tough a schedule back then as anyone.
I was just merely answering a question in regards to the division the listed individuals won state titles. I was by no means dismissing any of the folks mentioned that won state titles. The DiSabato family was very fun to watch compete. They were hard nosed, trained and wrestled hard, mean and they made you earn everything you got when you wrestled one of them.

Agreed completely, the folks that came from Bishop Ready back in the day were very tough. The DiSabato's as already mentioned and then the two you mentioned were extremely tough. Tommy, obviously everyone knows his story. Ross, I believe is undervalued. He was extremely talented and if memory serves me correctly, one of his years in high school he "spit" off the mat when they were out of bounds during one of his matches in the state finals and it cost him 1 point and ultimately he lost a state title because of it. I could be wrong, but either way, I agree with you, those guys were all tough as nails and trained the right way. I also agree that for their time they wrestled a very tough schedule.