Mogadore vs Windham

wildcat71

This Friday Jan. 4th, Mogadore visits Windham to take on the Bombers on Marty Hill Court. Both teams with 1 loss but Windham's came to Berlin Hiland...last years small school champ. Will be a tough test for Mogadore. Both teams sport many lettermen and seniors. Mogadore has rolled over some teams of lesser skill, this will be a true test. Windham is tough especially at home and this is their final year in the Portage Trail Conference. Will miss those trips to Bomber country for basketball....but GO WILDCATS!!!! Thoughts on this one?????

This Friday Jan. 4th, Mogadore visits Windham to take on the Bombers on Marty Hill Court. Both teams with 1 loss but Windham's came to Berlin Hiland...last years small school champ. Will be a tough test for Mogadore. Both teams sport many lettermen and seniors. Mogadore has rolled over some teams of lesser skill, this will be a true test. Windham is tough especially at home and this is their final year in the Portage Trail Conference. Will miss those trips to Bomber country for basketball....but GO WILDCATS!!!! Thoughts on this one?????

I would love to see this small school battle, but I will be otherwise engaged. If I hear correctly, Moggy has some nice guards.

Yes Mogadore has some nice shooters, if they can hit the 3's they do well. Windham also has that, might come down to who controls the boards especially on the offensive end...

This battle is always a classic. Windham swept Mogadore last year. Windham starts 3 Seniors, a Junior and a Sophomore. Their 6th and 7th guys are both Juniors. The Bombers were firing on all cylinders the first 7 games. Then they went to Berlin Hiland and looked out of sync. Berlin has a nice team, but they are nowhere close to their 2012 or 2011 State Champion Teams. I am sure Coach Hill will have them ready. They host Lordstown tonight. This will allow them to work out some kinks. Coach Swartz has done a tremendous job at Mogadore. The kids have bought into his program. They have some nice shooters and can be physical.

The keys to the game for Windham - Ball pressure and ball movement. They are quick and athletic. If they can force some early turnovers and convert them into easy baskets early, Mogadore could be in trouble. They must play tough perimeter defense and rebound.

Mogadore must take of the ball. They need to break the press and not turn the ball over. They must also rebound. They can't give Windham multiple shots on each possesion.

I am looking forward to this game. The winner takes a big step towards the league title.

Good luck to both teams.

Game Day! PTC County showdown. Both teams coming in with only one loss overall and both undefeated in league play. Should be a classic on Marty Hill Court. Windham may be down a player as one of their starters went down with what appeared to be a severe ankle sprain during the first quarter of their game against Lordstown. If that is the case, Windham will need some other players to step up. Should be a good challenge for the veteran squad.

Good luck to both teams

This battle is always a classic. Windham swept Mogadore last year. Windham starts 3 Seniors, a Junior and a Sophomore. Their 6th and 7th guys are both Juniors. The Bombers were firing on all cylinders the first 7 games. Then they went to Berlin Hiland and looked out of sync. Berlin has a nice team, but they are nowhere close to their 2012 or 2011 State Champion Teams. I am sure Coach Hill will have them ready. They host Lordstown tonight. This will allow them to work out some kinks. Coach Swartz has done a tremendous job at Mogadore. The kids have bought into his program. They have some nice shooters and can be physical.

The keys to the game for Windham - Ball pressure and ball movement. They are quick and athletic. If they can force some early turnovers and convert them into easy baskets early, Mogadore could be in trouble. They must play tough perimeter defense and rebound.

Mogadore must take of the ball. They need to break the press and not turn the ball over. They must also rebound. They can't give Windham multiple shots on each possesion.

I am looking forward to this game. The winner takes a big step towards the league title.

Good luck to both teams.

Hiland only has one Senior! :shrug:

I know Hiland only has one Senior and they have a very nice team. The point was they are not nearly as good as the last two years. Not a knock on the current team, just the last 2 years they were very talented and graduated an amazing Senior class last year. That's all.