Mogadore vs CCC broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Wildcat

Mogadore vs CCC is on Q92 at least its on the Q92 website, looks like it's video streamed but might be just radio. Go Cats

Bottom line on this match up is both these traditionally rich programs are down this year. Really don't have a clue on who wins, I'm guessing the team with the least mistakes pulls it out. No turnovers and a few penalties. This is a toss up game. That being said GO Cats.

Unfortunately, CCC will never again be what they once were. Their 3 titles were in divisions 4 (1988), 3 (2000) and 5 (2012). Now they are in 6 and enrollment will continue to be a challenge. Longtime coach Lowell Klinefelter is gone. The team will benefit from the expanded playoffs but it is doubtful they will exit a region in our lifetimes.

Unfortunately, CCC will never again be what they once were. Their 3 titles were in divisions 4 (1988), 3 (2000) and 5 (2012). Now they are in 6 and enrollment will continue to be a challenge. Longtime coach Lowell Klinefelter is gone. The team will benefit from the expanded playoffs but it is doubtful they will exit a region in our lifetimes.
I would disagree with this line of thinking as I believe they will be legitimate contenders next year. They have had the two smallest senior classes in my memory the past two years, the core of this team are juniors and sophomores. Additionally they return a four year starter at QB/LB who has grown year over year. They will make noise next year and will be a dangerous team in their region.

I would disagree with this line of thinking as I believe they will be legitimate contenders next year. They have had the two smallest senior classes in my memory the past two years, the core of this team are juniors and sophomores. Additionally they return a two year starter at QB/LB who has grown year over year. They will make noise next year and will be a dangerous team in their region.
Revised for you. :)

Agree with most of this. Offensive strategy will need some adjustments.

Revised for you. :)

Agree with most of this. Offensive strategy will need some adjustments.
Yes, my mistake. Next year will be his third year starting. Seems like he's been around longer than that but COVID makes it seem like last year was two years. Regardless, they were not a good team this year but they made significant progress as the year grew and I am excited for them next year.

As for Mogadore, I wish they would agree to schedule CCC as it would be a great series. That being said, hats off to them for executing when they needed to, and best of luck moving forward.

Yes, my mistake. Next year will be his third year starting. Seems like he's been around longer than that but COVID makes it seem like last year was two years. Regardless, they were not a good team this year but they made significant progress as the year grew and I am excited for them next year.

As for Mogadore, I wish they would agree to schedule CCC as it would be a great series. That being said, hats off to them for executing when they needed to, and best of luck moving forward.
#87 was a beast for Mogadore.

Great game. The WILDCATS are hurt and they gave their all to pull out a win vs the talented Crusaders...just wish more people from both sides would have been there to witness this game. Both teams deserved better support tonight!

Another instance of the OSU Buckeyes controlling the non-parent/non-family attendance?
That and the morons at OHSAA allowing only online tickets to playoffs.

Mogadore has a LOT of senior citizen fans that come to the games. How many of your grandparents would have known ahead of time and how to frankly do it, get online on the OHSAA website And buy electronic tickets.

Many old people don’t have smart phones to show an electronic ticket.

Throw in the fact that it was $14 if you ordered your tickets in the last 2 hours before the game once the “convenience” fee was added it’s terrible for the senior citizen attendance.

OHSAA once again proves they don’t have a clue.

The was 3 or so Mogadore people sitting outside on smart phones trying to help people buy tickets as they tried to walk in and they didn’t even know they couldn’t buy tickets at the gate.

utterly ridiculous

I would disagree with this line of thinking as I believe they will be legitimate contenders next year. They have had the two smallest senior classes in my memory the past two years, the core of this team are juniors and sophomores. Additionally they return a four year starter at QB/LB who has grown year over year. They will make noise next year and will be a dangerous team in their region.
Canton CC will be similar next year, I do not see them as contenders, their QB is as good as he will get and I see no difference makers in the wings at any level on the way up. Time will tell, but I would be willing to bet on it, unless there are key transfers in. I like to trade jabs with my alma mater’s rival, but this is my honest opinion. If I thought Central was ready to be a contender next year I would honestly and readily say so, but I don’t see it. I have seen great Central teams with young players ready to take the next step but I think it may be a while before I see another truly great Central team. Central will be decent to good next year but not a contender. Maybe I’m wrong, that’s just what I see.

Last edited:
Despite the small senior class, they will have to fill some holes left by the few who are graduating. Mogadore only had 8 seniors on its published roster, so they're not going away. The other unknown here is which division teams will be in next year. CCC will likely remain in DVI, but who will move up, and who will move down?

Being in D6 should be easier than 4 or 5.

That and the morons at OHSAA allowing only online tickets to playoffs.

Mogadore has a LOT of senior citizen fans that come to the games. How many of your grandparents would have known ahead of time and how to frankly do it, get online on the OHSAA website And buy electronic tickets.

Many old people don’t have smart phones to show an electronic ticket.

Throw in the fact that it was $14 if you ordered your tickets in the last 2 hours before the game once the “convenience” fee was added it’s terrible for the senior citizen attendance.

OHSAA once again proves they don’t have a clue.

The was 3 or so Mogadore people sitting outside on smart phones trying to help people buy tickets as they tried to walk in and they didn’t even know they couldn’t buy tickets at the gate.

utterly ridiculous
Agree. OHSAA does not know the H.S. fan base very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.