Moeller vs. Elder

MoeMan39

Game now moved to UC....??:wallbang:

One "home" game :wallbang:

Homecoming game played basically downtown :wallbang:

Why dont we just not have any home games. Moeller can be the all "away" team...

Locklands field is pretty much unplayable. It is such a mess and they haven't done anything to take care of it.

I don't care if we play every game at Nippert or PBS. Anything that helps prevent weather from being a factor is fine by me. We can't afford another weather related non-victory.

I heard that the NFL or General Electric may buy turf for Lockland and also that Moeller might join up with Madeira high school. Making Madeira stadium much larger by adding about 10,000 seats and new field turf?

Oh I forgot to mention that I would honestly rather play at the "Pit" then UC. I think Moeller should have asked Elder if they could have a equal amount of tickets for the game if it was played at Elder. Or anything even though it is our homecoming game.....Whats next moving Senior night to St.X

I think it could be tough getting 10k in madeira. Maybe 8k, but I think that is probably the max. I doubt the school would want that either with all the construction that has just been going on there.

It's the NFL and Lockland. That has the best chance of happening. Moeller has not talked with Maderia. Playing somewhere else hinges on the NFL giving $200,000 to Lockland towards turf. The proposal goes out in October so we should know soon.

This isn't meant to start anything, but doesn't Moeller have enough money to pay for field turf by them selves? If so then why do they need the NFL to pay for it?

WestSideBomber said:
This isn't meant to start anything, but doesn't Moeller have enough money to pay for field turf by them selves? If so then why do they need the NFL to pay for it?

If La Salle can raise enough money to get field turf, Im sure Moeller could raise enough.

Moe would never be able to raise the money right now:
1) why put turf in a filed for a school that is going to go?
2) Moe (the archdiocese) currently has no ownership rights to Lockland
3) too many people still peed off at the football program and crable to solicit them for $$...that would really make them peed

I won't lie, I would be a huge fan of doing the Madeira plan because its literally a mile away, if that, however they already can't fit all the cars for CHL games... what do you think would happen when Moeller plays St. X? How would so many Escalades fit in so small a space?

Madeira just put up new stands five or so years ago and the neighborhood behind them went nuts over. I can't really see them expanding.

I think it'll be closer than that. Elder is also playing for a playoff spot. Be ready for 4 full quarters of football.

You may obtain a live audio or video feed from the Elder web site for the game tonight. However, it would be a lot better if you went down to UC to support the team. Tickets are still available at Moeller as I write this.

We expect to see a lot more passing from Elder. Stopping their passing attack will be the key to winning.

This game is extremely important to Elder's chances for a post season appearance. The Purple Nation never gives up! They just keep coming at you. Moeller will have to play tough the entire 48 minutes.

As far as the game goes, Calpreps has it 28-21 Moeller. It's actually quite remarkable how accurate they've been across the board. However, I believe the final tonight same as last week 31-17.

As far as the field goes, what about making a deal with Mariemont? Field turf already in place. A decent relationship with one another. A whole sideline and two end zones to expand the seating, and all without y homeowners. The logo and the colors are even close enough to leave as is. Parking is my only question.