Moeller frosh A Team is 8-1 B team is 3-1...

crusader3

They have now won three games:
Louisville St. X (54-14)
East Central (34-0)
Lebanon (35-0)

Total: (123-14)

The defense has let up 7 points on the year (one kick return for TD against X)

While they haven't played that great of competition, they have a tough road coming up. They will travel to Louisville to take on Trinity, and after a matchup with Indian Hill will start the GCL schedule with X, LaSalle, and then a talented Elder team. Get out and see them if you can.

No offense but the only people who go watch Freshman games are those who have kids playing. There will be plenty of people ready to watch them two years from now

Yeah well...

I have said it and will keep saying it... as freshman I guarantee this years senior class was actually better than this years frosh...

Hopefully all of these kids will project out as seniors!

Good to hear Kolkmeyer the head football coach for the freshman is doing good things with those kids. He is a great motivator and the kids love playing for him. Awesome.

Moe's QB went out in the first QT. with a broken collar bone. X recovered a fumble on the Moe 15 for their only score. Moeller otherwise shut them down.

On defense the LB's were great, Marcus Rush and Nick Galvin are very good. Kevin Thamann is very good as a DB and Jordan Stricker was dominate at NT.

Sat 8/26
Louisville St. Xavier
Moeller
10:30 AM
54-14
W

Wed 8/30
East Central
East Central
6:30 PM
34-0
W

Sat 9/2
Lebanon
Moeller
10:00 AM
35-0
W

Sat 9/9
Louisville Trinity
Trinity
11:00 AM
21-14 (OT)
W

Wed 9/20
St. Xavier "A"
Moeller
4:30 PM
26-7
W

Moeller's freshman look great. Sounds like it could be an Elder-Moeller battle for the GCL Title this year.

Elder moved to 4-0 beating LaSalle 28-20, despite losing their QB and RB to injuries in the 2nd Quarter after being up 14-0.

Should be an interesting game in a few weeks...

Moeller lost their starting QB to an injured shoulder(non-throwing) than will keep him out all year. He was injured on Moeller's first TD drive against St. X. Moeller's frosh have once against a great defense. The front 6 positions are loaded...

moeller frosh

Frosh have a great team this year. Talent runs deep. Keep a watch on running back number 27, Wallace I think. Real power runner and knows how to hit the holes.

just learning this web site. My son-n-law told me about it. Just got this new laptop for home. Look forward to some good info on teams and games. Go GCL

Is David Schneider, freshmen TE any good. I know a couple kids from X were talking about him quite a bit.

TDAH88 said:
Is David Schneider, freshmen TE any good. I know a couple kids from X were talking about him quite a bit.

Schneider is a man child. I think he is injured right now, but he looks like the type of kid that will be a beast Freshmen and Sophomore year and then be average as a Senior. He is going to need to work very hard to be an impact player at Moeller.

ncnd23 said:
Schneider is a man child. I think he is injured right now, but he looks like the type of kid that will be a beast Freshmen and Sophomore year and then be average as a Senior. He is going to need to work very hard to be an impact player at Moeller.
Actually I think it is the opposite. He is a 6'3 TE which is nice size even if he doesn't grow. He doesn't have really good hands yet, and can't run routes too well. But this is his first year playing football. Hopefully he stays with it because he can only get better...

Moeller vs. LaSalle Wed. @ Home... LaSalle just took Elder's frosh to OT so this win would set up a GCL championship game against Elder at the pit...

Moeller plays LaSalle freshman today at 4:30. The games are great to watch. They are a very good team. If you can spare the time show up and watch the frosh kick LaSalle's butt!

When I left early in the 4th qt. Moe was down 14-13. (Missed XP of course!) It was a pretty even game with both defenses playing well. Moeller's QB being out with a broken collar bone has really hurt their passing game though. Moeller's first score was on a great throw and catch in coverage however. Moe's second TD was on a 60 yard run.

I see that the game ended up 14-13. Moeller played well on both sides of the ball. Most of the game #27, Wallace was the running back and #30, Shields and #32, McAlpin hardly played. McAlpine did kick the first XP and he came in and ran the 50 to 60 yard Td early in the 4th. I don't know if he was too winded but right away he attempted and missed, a little wide, the XP. Maybe a time out would have helped him.:shrug: The frosh will rebound I'm sure :D in the Pit next Wed. Moe needs to work on their passing game to be a little more balanced. Their running game is very good but with Andrew Hendrix out the passing isn't as strong, IMO.

They have a big kid named Ali something that started at the beginning but hasn't played much lately. He is a big kid (6'4 280 range) but doesn't move real well yet. He will be a project and hopefully they can get him ready in a few years. I still don't understand why when you have a 250 lb fullback that can't be stopped for a loss, and it is 3 and 1 on the final drive you run an off tackle with your 140 lb running back? Playcalling was rough today I thought.. but it was good effort without the starting QB by the frosh!