MLB starting season in Arizona in May?

I just don't think the stadiums could have mechanisms in place to only sell every other seat, or allow a family of 4 to sit together but then force empty seats (and rows) all around them. Complex sales problem. And hard to enforce with small staff at the stadium. I'm OK with no fans, initially. If the American public has proven anything during this pandemic, its that a fair percentage are pretty stupid and can't be trusted to do what's right.

I just don't think the stadiums could have mechanisms in place to only sell every other seat, or allow a family of 4 to sit together but then force empty seats (and rows) all around them. Complex sales problem. And hard to enforce with small staff at the stadium. I'm OK with no fans, initially. If the American public has proven anything during this pandemic, its that a fair percentage are pretty stupid and can't be trusted to do what's right.
I think they could do it. Just block seats as already sold or not available. I agree enforcing once people are in the stadium might present a problem.

There's no chance there will be any games with fans in attendance until a vaccine is widely available. I can't imagine any sports league that would want to take on the unnecessary liability. Why take on the added risk of having thousands of extra people near the players/coaches/etc, exposing them to infection? Not to mention the fans who will inevitably infect each other in the stands. Every sports league is going to take a massive hit this year, but if they can get games on TV the ratings will be huge which should help get some of that money back. But if players are getting sick, everything will get cancelled again. It's simply not worth the risk to have fans in attendance.
The first vaccines should be out by the winter, which means everything could be back to normal for the 2021 season. Until then we'll just have to watch from home and I'm fine with that.

Don't follow MLB much. What's the general consensus among the players? Do they want to play?

I think players in all sports want to play. On the other hand they're being cautious and know that there are more important things than sports right now.