Milford Vs. Elder???

Elder completely dominated Milford's defense.

I wouldn't really say that it was a complete domination of our defense considering 2 goals came off of set plays, but I believe I did a good job of shutting Meyer down the first half and marking him out of the game. He only got one shot off and it wasn't on target, shame I couldn't match up with him in the air. He is no doubt a talented player and most of all just an athletic person (very big and quick). Not all of our boys came out tonight to play, the team that wanted it more was definitely Elder and they proved it. Scored 2 early goals off of set plays atleast 10 minutes in, and with about 10 maybe left in the first half with a ball that deflected over me on the 6 that found Meyer's head. I don't remember the forth goal, I was pretty frustrated with the play. Maybe somebody else can chime in? Possession was back and forth, however Elder did maintain better ball control. As someone said before, we didn't find our outside mids and tried to play way too direct up the middle of the field or to the corners. Not the way I wanted to end my senior year, but you know ---- happens. Elder is no doubt a good team and wish them luck on the rest of their tournament.

Milford does have some quick and talented players though. How many are returning for next season??

8 returning starters for next year. Ryan Grothaus, Tyler Huerkamp, Ben Jones, Tommy George, Nathan Hudson, Peter Michelson, Jeff Michaels, and Danny Haberer.

Small graduating class of 5 compared to years past, including Tim Brady, Andy Bayerl, Matt Olson, Sam Brune and myself (Matt Servizzi).

8 returning starters for next year. Ryan Grothaus, Tyler Huerkamp, Ben Jones, Tommy George, Nathan Hudson, Peter Michelson, Jeff Michaels, and Danny Haberer.

Small graduating class of 5 compared to years past, including Tim Brady, Andy Bayerl, Matt Olson, Sam Brune and myself (Matt Servizzi).

I'd have to say Milford, Mason and FF are my top picks in the city for next year.

Milford had more possesion in the first and second half of the game, but Elder clearly found the goal early and often. Elders 3rd goal was a TV highlight goal ! Milford's Michelson had a much longer throw. 1st half Michelson's toss was low and past the far post,but non got knocked in.

who cares who had a longer throw? milford got crushed losing 4-0 after talking so much about to watch out for them and telling elder to be prepared for a good game

you can make all the excuses you want but elder dominates and moves on

Milford had more possesion in the first and second half of the game, but Elder clearly found the goal early and often. Elders 3rd goal was a TV highlight goal ! Milford's Michelson had a much longer throw. 1st half Michelson's toss was low and past the far post,but non got knocked in.

yes i agree, from 10 yards out. But couldn't even hit the 6 from 25 out.

Elder & Milford

Elder Congrats and good luck. Quality team. Teams that carry a big number of seniors usually prevail. Remember this site is designed to instigate a little smack and it's been entertaining all year. Great season to the Eagles as well. Seniors to both teams great leadership and good luck. Milford youngsters if you want to continue to play with the big boys in post season next year you might want to think about this lose if you need some movation during the off season. This 4-0 was by no means an old fashion _ss woopin we've all seen games 1-0 that were a beat down. Elder plays the offensive game as well as anyone I've seen in years. Panther's I think you have a few new post season fans. Go get em.

milford fans

If what you said is correct about the cheers when Milford tried to take out the Elder sweeper, it is another indication that Milford wont win any sportsmanship awards. I hate it when the losing team resorts to trying to harm players when they are clearly being outplayed. I think refs should red card them immediately when they do that to make them think twice about it in the future.

Come on Milford - !:rolleyes:

who cares who had a longer throw? milford got crushed losing 4-0 after talking so muc

800fan - Not sure I have seen any excuses from Milford but its good to see more low class trash talk from Elder ( "Milford got crushed" ).... Whats worse is you sound stupid in light of everyone stating that Elder had a clear victory ....... and Elder is worried about what one Milford fan may have said .... go cry someplace else

Milford....Mr. Perfect

I wouldn't really say that it was a complete domination of our defense considering 2 goals came off of set plays, but I believe I did a good job of shutting Meyer down the first half and marking him out of the game. He only got one shot off and it wasn't on target, shame I couldn't match up with him in the air. He is no doubt a talented player and most of all just an athletic person (very big and quick). Not all of our boys came out tonight to play, the team that wanted it more was definitely Elder and they proved it. Scored 2 early goals off of set plays atleast 10 minutes in, and with about 10 maybe left in the first half with a ball that deflected over me on the 6 that found Meyer's head. I don't remember the forth goal, I was pretty frustrated with the play. Maybe somebody else can chime in? Possession was back and forth, however Elder did maintain better ball control. As someone said before, we didn't find our outside mids and tried to play way too direct up the middle of the field or to the corners. Not the way I wanted to end my senior year, but you know ---- happens. Elder is no doubt a good team and wish them luck on the rest of their tournament.

First off...congrats to Elder. Superb team...who showed it tonight. "some guys didn't show up"..."I think I did a good job". One....you're a team & this is second time this week you've pulled this stunt....Secondly....your guy scored. Words like "me", "I"...doesn't cut it.

First off...congrats to Elder. Superb team...who showed it tonight. "some guys didn't show up"..."I think I did a good job". One....you're a team & this is second time this week you've pulled this stunt....Secondly....your guy scored. Words like "me", "I"...doesn't cut it.

My job personally from Croston was to mark Meyer and I'm pretty sure I did that first half considering he got one shot off. Second, did you not hear me say I wish I could have matched up with him in the air? I described the how the goal happened, therefore I know my guy scored. How about you go out onto the pitch and show me how it's done? Sorry I'm being honest and pointing out the obvious that we didn't show up and play as a team. Happy, I said team?

Mason? we'll be good but not tops in the city. We're losing...

Niro
Seth
Riffle
Jones
Burnette
Powers
Tosh
Gast
Bean
Garret
Paul
Ivan

basically our team...

Gotcha. Just thought I heard/read that the JV team did really well? I think alot of the good teams this year are losing alot. Don't know about West. I don't know who else to choose from to be top in the city. Maybe they will all be of the same calibur. X and Elder had good JV squads. We'll see.

im pretty confident that we will be just fine next year i go to mason....we r losing a lot of players but the players on the bench are very capable of starting at a lot of D1 schools in cinci...the jv team did very well and im sure we will be amongst the tops in the city again...maybe not as good as this year but we will certainly be good

Radar, I'm a first year Milford fan and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the Varsity team play this year. And yes, several players did not show up to play against Elder. They should have been subbed out early and given time to get focused on the game because it was clear they weren't. I'm sure Elder would have still won, but it would have been a better game to watch!

You profile says you're a Milford fan, but your posts make you sound more like a kid who either got cut or sits the bench, or maybe one of his parents! If you're going to call yourself a Milford Fan, then show some support for the team.