Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Who will be MAC champions

• Total voters
If anyone is interested, here is the link to the Bruce Monnin's Computer Points podcast reviewing the state championship games:

The first 10 minutes features former Minster coach Nate Moore, now coach of the D2 state champions from Massillon. The rest features former Marion Local assistant coach Bob Gecewich, now head coach of the D5 state champions from Perry.

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the Bruce Monnin's Computer Points podcast reviewing the state championship games:

The first 10 minutes features former Minster coach Nate Moore, now coach of the D2 state champions from Massillon. The rest features former Marion Local assistant coach Bob Gecewich, now head coach of the D5 state champions from Perry.
appreciate it!!!

I hope Parkway doesn't rush things - again. As I've said before, Back in 2015, New Bremen was having their own issues and it wasn't a highly coveted job at the time. The hiring committee, the AD, Admin, etc. took their time. Schmidt wasn't hired until May.

HC opportunity at the worst team of a competitive conference has its cons but pros as well. Turning the program around can turn bigger programs' heads your way. could be a big stepping stone.

HC opportunity at the worst team of a competitive conference has its cons but pros as well. Turning the program around can turn bigger programs' heads your way. could be a big stepping stone.
I believe Minster treated their coaching vacancies in a similar manner (they weren't having Parkway-level issues by any means) where they actively went out and found candidates that maybe weren't looking to make Minster their long-term home, but would be able to jump start the program and make it a place where the next coach or the next next coach were looking to stay a little longer.

After three years with a record of 6-24 from '07 to '09 under Belcher, they went and found Nate Moore (Minster HS (2010-2012), Cincinnati LaSalle HS (2013-2014), Massillon Washington (2015-present)) where they went 24-13 over the next 3 years.

From the Daily Standard at the time - "Prior to Moore's arrival in Minster in 2010, the Wildcats had not won more than six games in a year for the previous 13 seasons and qualified for the playoffs only twice over that same time span. That changed immediately when Moore helped guide Minster to the Division VI postseason in all three years he was in charge. Minster finished 7-6 overall in 2010 and followed with a 9-4 slate the following season. Last year, the Orange and Black went 9-3 overall and were the top team in Region 24 after concluding the Midwest Athletic Conference portion of their schedule with a 6-2 mark, good for a second-place tie in the league standings."

After Moore they hired Geron Stokes. From the Columbus Dispatch - "Stokes was 71-31 at Minster from 2013-20. He guided the Wildcats to the Division VI state championship in 2014 and the Division VII state title in 2017. Minster also was Division VII state runner-up in 2016."

Now they are led by Seth Whiting and are poised to make another post season run next year.

Sometimes finding Mr Right isn't as important as finding Mr Right Now,

Last edited:
I believe Minster treated their coaching vacancies in a similar manner (they weren't having Parkway-level issues by any means) where they actively went out and found candidates that maybe weren't looking to make Minster their long-term home, but would be able to jump start the program and make it a place where the next coach or the next coach were looking to stay a little longer.

After three years with a record of 6-24 from '07 to '09 under Belcher, they went and found Nate Moore (Minster HS (2010-2012), Cincinnati LaSalle HS (2013-2014), Massillon Washington (2015-present)) where they went 24-13 over the next 3 years.

From the Daily Standard at the time - "Prior to Moore's arrival in Minster in 2010, the Wildcats had not won more than six games in a year for the previous 13 seasons and qualified for the playoffs only twice over that same time span. That changed immediately when Moore helped guide Minster to the Division VI postseason in all three years he was in charge. Minster finished 7-6 overall in 2010 and followed with a 9-4 slate the following season. Last year, the Orange and Black went 9-3 overall and were the top team in Region 24 after concluding the Midwest Athletic Conference portion of their schedule with a 6-2 mark, good for a second-place tie in the league standings."

After Moore they hired Geron Stokes. From the Columbus Dispatch - "Stokes was 71-31 at Minster from 2013-20. He guided the Wildcats to the Division VI state championship in 2014 and the Division VII state title in 2017. Minster also was Division VII state runner-up in 2016."

Now they are led by Seth Whiting and are poised to make another post season run next year.

Sometimes finding Mr Right isn't as important a sfinding Mr Right Now,
An interesting point with a couple valid comparisons to Parkway, but Minster did not need to look back to 1975 to find success in their football program like Parkway. The Panther faithful are in some tough times right now and a come to Jesus meeting needs to be had, similar to what New Bremen did. Not sure if Fort Recovery had one too, I would suspect they did.

An interesting point with a couple valid comparisons to Parkway, but Minster did not need to look back to 1975 to find success in their football program like Parkway. The Panther faithful are in some tough times right now and a come to Jesus meeting needs to be had, similar to what New Bremen did. Not sure if Fort Recovery had one too, I would suspect they did.
No doubt. As I said, they weren't having Parkway-level issues by any means. Just merely pointing out that finding someone to just come in and treat it like a stepping stone isn't a bad angle for them to take.

From the FR perspective; we did inquire about leaving the MAC in football only roughly a little more than a decade ago (which spurred one of the last big threads on theMAConline- God rest its soul). But of course the powers that be, understandably, said all in or all out. From my understanding NB had the same situation before their 180 degree turn.
For FR, it was a little bit of the coaching staff getting slightly more competent, and a solid junior and senior class of 2014 that went in with a different mindset than previous classes.

It was bad (and I'd recon to say we're dipping close to those years again now), but I'd be a fool to say it was anywhere near as bad as this current Parkway situation.

With minimal research and knowledge of their surrounding area, it does look like they are on the edge of the MAC. Surely there are weaker small-school conferences near that could help competitively build the school back up. Looking at the 2023 thread it seems they had that chance to leave along with Delphos St. Johns last year. It seems very surprising and rather dense that Parkway would not have taken that offer.

Last edited:
From the FR perspective; we did inquire about leaving the MAC in football only roughly a little more than a decade ago (which spurred one of the last big threads on theMAConline- God rest its soul). But of course the powers that be, understandably, said all in or all out. From my understanding NB had the same situation before their 180 degree turn.
For FR, it was a little bit of the coaching staff getting slightly more competent, and a solid junior and senior class of 2014 that went in with a different mindset than previous classes.

It was bad (and I'd recon to say we're dipping close to those years again now), but I'd be a fool to say it was anywhere near as bad as this current Parkway situation.
Good to know. I applaud FR and NB for those difficult talks. DSJ also needs a kudos for taking some time to consider leaving the league to join the NWC.

With minimal research and knowledge of their surrounding area, it does look like they are on the edge of the MAC. Surely there are weaker small-school conferences near that could help competitively build the school back up. Looking at the 2023 thread it seems they had that chance to leave along with Delphos St. Johns last year. It seems very surprising and rather dense that Parkway would not have taken that offer.
Yup. As also stated in the last years thread, the Parkway community is more content with waving the MAC flag and beating their chest as a founding member than looking for self improvement within a more comparable conference like the NWC.
Though, most girls sports and some boys sports compete well enough in the MAC to allow the football program to atrophy.

I hope Parkway doesn't rush things - again. As I've said before, Back in 2015, New Bremen was having their own issues and it wasn't a highly coveted job at the time. The hiring committee, the AD, Admin, etc. took their time. Schmidt wasn't hired until May.

Goodwin wasn't hired until March.

Just noticed on https://www.ohsaa.org/School-Resources/Job-Openings that the Parkway job is still listed, but the St. Henry job is not. No idea if that means anything, or if our posting was removed after the application deadline was past, but that wouldn't explain why Parkways is still listed. Probably a big nothing burger, but interesting nonetheless.
I would say that's due to incompetence by the Parkway administration. I'm sure they forgot to take the posting off.

1: Marion Local (Return most offensive production)
2: Coldwater
3: Minster (Will be very good)
4: Versailles
5: St Henry (I think they find the right guy)
6: Anna
7: New Bremen
8: Delphos
9: Fort Recovery
10: Parkway

Just noticed on https://www.ohsaa.org/School-Resources/Job-Openings that the Parkway job is still listed, but the St. Henry job is not. No idea if that means anything, or if our posting was removed after the application deadline was past, but that wouldn't explain why Parkways is still listed. Probably a big nothing burger, but interesting nonetheless.
I don’t believe SH’s job has been posted yet. Or did you previously see it on there?

1. Marion Local (returns a lot plus it would be dumb not to pick them)
2. Coldwater
3. Minster
4. Versailles
5. Anna
6. St. Henry
7. New Bremen
8. St. John's
9. Fort Recovery
10. Parkway (not sure if anyone will turn them around at this moment in time)

Make sure to "like" the teams that you follow for the 2024 Football Preview:
https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/

More info:
I am starting work on the 2024 Football Previews. Usually, there are about 50-60 teams that have responded to the previews in the past through email/form on Google Docs. This year, I plan to take it much wider and hopefully get nearly 100%.

This is just the beginning but you can find a starter page for every team here:

Teams are broken down by 2023 Division here:
D1: https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/&prefix_id=17
D2: https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/&prefix_id=18
D3: https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/&prefix_id=19
D4: https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/&prefix_id=20
D5: https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/&prefix_id=21
D6: https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/&prefix_id=22
D7: https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?forums/🏈-2024-football-previews-🏈.113/&prefix_id=23

What I need now is two things:
1. Financial support - this is going to be alot of work. We have individual patron ads and business sponsor ads for the football previews here:

https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?pages/2024FootballPreview/

Hoping to get at least one patron ad and one business sponsor ad per team. Your patron ad or business sponsor ad will go up immediately and will be seen 1000s of times.

2. "Like" and "Watch" - click the "Like" button for the teams that you follow. This is very important as it helps me understand which schools have the most interest on here. Since time is limited, a school that gets many likes will definitely get coverage whereas a school that has no followers on here may not get the same amount of coverage. It stinks but a project of this size is difficult and time consuming.

Use the "Watch" feature to see the updates to your teams' pages. There may not be alot of updates but when the preview is released next August, you will be notified.

View attachment 51334