Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Who Wins The MAC in 2023?

• Total voters
people from New Knoxville would know those three names.... do you know how many starters they have coming back on each side of the ball? who were the studs on the JV program?
bidkat-
I would be shocked if Tieman isn’t the starting QB, he will definitely have first shot. Wince Morris has worked magic with the QB’s so far, we’ll see how he does with the next one. One of the two Schaffer twins will get a lot of carries, Grant Dicke, Hayden Zeller and Johny Heitkamp will also get lots of touches. Nolan Kuenning will anchor the line, and as long as he’s there they will be ok, one of the most underrated players in the MAC. On defense Zeller & Heitkamp will lead the linebackers, Zeller started to be a force in the playoffs. Zeller will also handle all the kicking dutie.

As far as Ft Loramie, I’m not sure how they will be? I wonder if we have an expert on this thread?

bidkat-
I would be shocked if Tieman isn’t the starting QB, he will definitely have first shot. Wince Morris has worked magic with the QB’s so far, we’ll see how he does with the next one. One of the two Schaffer twins will get a lot of carries, Grant Dicke, Hayden Zeller and Johny Heitkamp will also get lots of touches. Nolan Kuenning will anchor the line, and as long as he’s there they will be ok, one of the most underrated players in the MAC. On defense Zeller & Heitkamp will lead the linebackers, Zeller started to be a force in the playoffs. Zeller will also handle all the kicking dutie.

As far as Ft Loramie, I’m not sure how they will be? I wonder if we have an expert on this thread?
Loramie won't be at the level they were at this year next season. Losing a lot in terms of skill play and line play. I think the team will still be competitive, but a lot of the guys that were key in two wins against Minster will be gone.

Loramie won't be at the level they were at this year next season. Losing a lot in terms of skill play and line play. I think the team will still be competitive, but a lot of the guys that were key in two wins against Minster will be gone.
Region 28 seems to be up for grabs, but my guess is New Bremen, Minster and Ft Loramie rise to the top. Maybe Ansonia and St Henry make some noise as well.

I'll go with this.

1. Marion. Once again I don't think they will lose. 16-0
2. Versailles. Mainly because they have skill back and quite a few starters return.
3. Coldwater. Not really sure here. They have a decision to make. Go with a Dual threat or more a pocket passer at QB. I've touched
on this in the past. A dual threat QB in High School is a major advantage. In Coldwater's 7 State Championships only 1 QB was not a dual threat and that was Jack Hemmelgarn. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do. Replacing Blasingame is quite a challenge but replacing Homan on the O and D line is just as big. Both were 1st Team All State. Overall they lose 8 offensive starters and 7 Defensive Starters. I hesitate to put them above NB but I just think they may have enough.
4. New Bremen. I think they have enough back. Thieman at Qb will be good enough and I think the defense will be pretty good.
5. Minster. They will need to beat one of the above 4 teams to really get my attention.
6. St. Henry. I didn't see enough out of the underclassmen to warrant a move above 6 here. I just think they are average at best.
7. Anna. Same as St. Henry. I guess you could flip flop the 2 teams.
8. Ft. Recovery. Decent younger talent. Will it be enough to upset somebody in the Top 7?
9. Delphos. They lost quite a bit. Admittedly I don't know enough of the younger classes.
10. Parkway.

Overall, Marion will win whatever Division they are put in. If Versailles stays in 6 and Marion moves to 7 I believe Versailles could have a shot. Coldwater staying in 5 is gonna hurt. Div. 5 was loaded this year more so than I can ever remember. Good luck to all the teams above.

I'll go with this.

1. Marion. Once again I don't think they will lose. 16-0
2. Versailles. Mainly because they have skill back and quite a few starters return.
3. Coldwater. Not really sure here. They have a decision to make. Go with a Dual threat or more a pocket passer at QB. I've touched
on this in the past. A dual threat QB in High School is a major advantage. In Coldwater's 7 State Championships only 1 QB was not a dual threat and that was Jack Hemmelgarn. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do. Replacing Blasingame is quite a challenge but replacing Homan on the O and D line is just as big. Both were 1st Team All State. Overall they lose 8 offensive starters and 7 Defensive Starters. I hesitate to put them above NB but I just think they may have enough.
4. New Bremen. I think they have enough back. Thieman at Qb will be good enough and I think the defense will be pretty good.
5. Minster. They will need to beat one of the above 4 teams to really get my attention.
6. St. Henry. I didn't see enough out of the underclassmen to warrant a move above 6 here. I just think they are average at best.
7. Anna. Same as St. Henry. I guess you could flip flop the 2 teams.
8. Ft. Recovery. Decent younger talent. Will it be enough to upset somebody in the Top 7?
9. Delphos. They lost quite a bit. Admittedly I don't know enough of the younger classes.
10. Parkway.

Overall, Marion will win whatever Division they are put in. If Versailles stays in 6 and Marion moves to 7 I believe Versailles could have a shot. Coldwater staying in 5 is gonna hurt. Div. 5 was loaded this year more so than I can ever remember. Good luck to all the teams above.
did Wenning win a State title? also wondering how teams can go up and down in Divisions next year thought they were in their div for 2 years?

did Wenning win a State title?
The Cavs lost in the state finals in Wenning's senior season (his only season as a starter), but he set a record for most passing yards in a D-IV (or maybe it was D-V) state final I think.

The Cavs lost in the state finals in Wenning's senior season (his only season as a starter), but he set a record for most passing yards in a D-IV (or maybe it was D-V) state final I think.
what year was that? that boy could wing it, and had a couple good seasons at Ball State..... and then a cup of coffee with the Bengals? do you know what he is up to now?

what determines the rise or fall in the CB ( what does that stand for again?)
It's competitive balance. Essentially every kid that lives outside your district but attends your school counts as either 1.5 or 2 kids whether they play sports or not. They determined this number will change every year and the formal count of students within the district every 2 years. This is how the Flyers could change divisions next year. If they lose 1 outside of district student to graduation it'll drop their number by 2 and I believe that's enough to push them into DVII

Last edited:
what year was that? that boy could wing it, and had a couple good seasons at Ball State..... and then a cup of coffee with the Bengals? do you know what he is up to now?
He works for the family business in Coldwater Ray's Refrigeration..

It's competitive balance. Essentially every kid that lives outside your district but attends your school counts as either 1.5 or 2 kids whether they play sports or not. They determined this number will change every year and the formal count of students within the district every 2 years. This is how the Flyers could change divisions next year. If they lose 1 outside of district student to graduation it'll drop their number by 2 and I believe that's enough to push them into DVII
You can also get negative CB points for students in your district that open enroll to another

Got drafted by the Ravens, cut after a bit, signed with the Bills, didn’t quite make the team, then was a backup with Bengals…something like that

Got drafted by the Ravens, cut after a bit, signed with the Bills, didn’t quite make the team, then was a backup with Bengals…something like that
yep.... so I know the Klenke boy was the QB, and was a very good player when Wenning was a junior, and Wenning did come in and they had a few packages for him( he also played some reciever). Back in the day , was any dividing of the team on this?

yep.... so I know the Klenke boy was the QB, and was a very good player when Wenning was a junior, and Wenning did come in and they had a few packages for him( he also played some reciever). Back in the day , was any dividing of the team on this?
Can’t speak to this too well, I would have to guess there’s no way but maybe somebody with better info on it could fill ya in more. They may have considered moving Klenke to receiver? I could be wrong.

NB loses a ton of Lineman, not to mention 90% of their scoring. Some skilled players left, to get by, but they better be fast cause they could be running for their lives? Minster will be good! Marion of course, SH is up and coming too.

Keith Wenning was a Coldwater senior in the 2009 football season (2010 hs grad)

2009 4 OT. Keith hurdling people, never called. Missed PAT's. Auto checks to fades that got picked off while up in the 4th........
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm fine, I promise I'm fine
Losing My Mind GIF

2009 4 OT. Keith hurdling people, never called. Missed PAT's. Auto checks to fades that got picked off while up in the 4th........
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm fine, I promise I'm fine
Losing My Mind GIF
that coldwater td in the 1st OT might be the second or third worst call i've ever seen. Wenning was on the ground, I think twice, before he reached the ball across the goal line and it was called a touchdown. I'm sure that helps.

Just wondering how Darren Meier's shoulder is doing? Will he need surgery?
Versailles has three football players recovering from surgery, 2 shoulders and one ankle.

Is Drew Seitz going to play football on Saturday's?

Just wondering how Darren Meier's shoulder is doing? Will he need surgery?
Versailles has three football players recovering from surgery, 2 shoulders and one ankle.

Is Drew Seitz going to play football on Saturday's?
Don't know if Meier will elect to have surgery done or not?
As for Seitz, I Think he is capable of playing D-1. Here is a highlight of his sophomore year: https://www.hudl.com/profile/10619152

That player he chucked to the ground (vs Versailles) is now playing on Saturdays. Seitz is one of the most talented football players Marion Local has had.

Don't know if Meier will elect to have surgery done or not?
As for Seitz, I Think he is capable of playing D-1. Here is a highlight of his sophomore year: https://www.hudl.com/profile/10619152

That player he chucked to the ground (vs Versailles) is now playing on Saturdays. Seitz is one of the most talented football players Marion Local has had.
I heard today Meier is waiting for MRI results to make decision on what to do?

Is Drew as fast now as his sophomore year?