Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Who Wins The MAC in 2023?

• Total voters
tumblr_mzuy29QwRt1qeak1oo1_400.gif

I'm a masochist for still giving a s*** about Fort Recovery football.
Good riddance to the season. See ya next year for more of the same.

Tough loss for FR tonight.

Was the V-Minster game as close as the score suggests?
great game, both teams playing on a muddy field, defenses played well for BOTH teams, Cats D has really improved..... the young Niemeyer boy has stepped up his game for the Stephy boy... with that injury, we lost our best WR and an all state QB...... so it has been a process...

Appears, if the computer ratings stay as is New Bremen will be playing at Minster 1st rd. of the playoffs. If this is the case hopefully the Cards will give the Cats a better game 2nd time around.

I often wonder if getting smoked by Marion every year makes it hard to be a MAC football fan? I think it is pound for pound the best conference around.

I often wonder if getting smoked by Marion every year makes it hard to be a MAC football fan? I think it is pound for pound the best conference around.
Don't even get me started dude. It's worse when it ain't just ML.
Parkway and DSJ had their out for simpler pastures. DSJ rose to the occasion, Parkway missed their train.
Fort Recovery is too competitive in the other sports, and geographically locked in. Football is to suffer with the occasional decent group every 10 years for our coaching to squander.

Also, Ice cold take for the final statement.

Parkway and DSJ had their out for simpler pastures. DSJ rose to the occasion, Parkway missed their train.
Fort Recovery is too competitive in the other sports, and geographically locked in. Football is to suffer with the occasional decent group every 10 years for our coaching to squander.

I don't know about that...you could have 2 state champs from the same conference...

That’s debatable… 2-6 in MAC play, one of those wins was in overtime and they were down big, and they missed the expanded playoffs. Both schools messed up big time IMO

That’s debatable… 2-6 in MAC play, one of those wins was in overtime and they were down big, and they missed the expanded playoffs. Both schools messed up big time IMO
I guess I've been too busy with my purple depression blinders on to realize. But You're totally right. I just saw 4-6 and assumed better. But MAC wise, DSJ only beat Parkway and FR.

It doesn’t! Marion can be beat, I was at the game the last time they lost, to New Bremen. The great thing about the MAC is we don’t whine about teams being to good, we go out work our butts off and try to get them next time. And the great thing is even if you don’t beat Marion or win the league still doesn’t mean you can’t still win State, happens almost every year.

It doesn’t! Marion can be beat, I was at the game the last time they lost, to New Bremen. The great thing about the MAC is we don’t whine about teams being to good, we go out work our butts off and try to get them next time. And the great thing is even if you don’t beat Marion or win the league still doesn’t mean you can’t still win State, happens almost every year.
Marion can be beat but its Very rare that it will actually happen. The last time they lost a MAC game was in 2019 and then the next year they lost to Bremen in the playoffs. The issue is the each time someone beats them, it’s a one off win instead of a good series. Next year, I think if Stephy can stay healthy Minster has a shot at them and maybe Coldwater but other than that the bottom five teams have no shot against them. Anna, FR, Parkway, DSJ and St. Henry virtually have no chance to win the league unless they have a stud class ie. Anna in 2019

Anna vs Allen East - I'll take the Rockets in a close one but wouldn't be surprised if they lost. 21-13

Coldwater vs Indian Lake - We get a week to exercise our demons a little bit. 49-7

Marion Local vs Tri-County North - No starters playing in the 2nd half. 63-0

Minster vs Bradford - Good for the Railroaders to make the playoffs but they have not much of a chance. 49-12

New Bremen @ Cincinnati College Prep Academy - This will not be close 42-7

Parkway @ Bainbridge Paint Valley - The Bearcats can score alot of points. Panthers give up a lot of points. Not a favorable matchup 35-14

St Henry @ De Graff Riverside - Which St Henry team will show up? Idk but if if St Henry has a good day, I can see them giving the Pirates a game 21-14

Versailles vs Troy Christian - Ryan Jones beats up on his former school. 56-0

Anna vs Allen East - I'll take the Rockets in a close one but wouldn't be surprised if they lost. 21-13

Coldwater vs Indian Lake - We get a week to exercise our demons a little bit. 49-7

Marion Local vs Tri-County North - No starters playing in the 2nd half. 63-0

Minster vs Bradford - Good for the Railroaders to make the playoffs but they have not much of a chance. 49-12

New Bremen @ Cincinnati College Prep Academy - This will not be close 42-7

Parkway @ Bainbridge Paint Valley - The Bearcats can score alot of points. Panthers give up a lot of points. Not a favorable matchup 35-14

St Henry @ De Graff Riverside - Which St Henry team will show up? Idk but if if St Henry has a good day, I can see them giving the Pirates a game 21-14

Versailles vs Troy Christian - Ryan Jones beats up on his former school. 56-0

I agree with a lot of these. Good job on your picks.

If someone has the inclination (and info) could you pls post the final Harbin seeding of each team?

Like is ML a 1 seed, or is Ansonia still in front of them, so Marion's a 2 seed?

Good luck to all MAC teams - I hope we can be well represented in Canton in 6 weeks!!!

Marion can be beat but its Very rare that it will actually happen. The last time they lost a MAC game was in 2019 and then the next year they lost to Bremen in the playoffs. The issue is the each time someone beats them, it’s a one off win instead of a good series. Next year, I think if Stephy can stay healthy Minster has a shot at them and maybe Coldwater but other than that the bottom five teams have no shot against them. Anna, FR, Parkway, DSJ and St. Henry virtually have no chance to win the league unless they have a stud class ie. Anna in 2019
You can probably add Minster and New Bremen to that list. Can they win a state title in their division? Yes, as long as Marion Local's not in their division. When was the last time Minster or New Bremen won the MAC? What's everyone's record vs. ML or Coldwater since 2000?
DSJ would have made the playoffs in every other region in Div VII except 26 which surprisingly actually had ten more teams in it than Regs. 28 and 27. But even if we'd beaten NB we were out in 26.

If someone has the inclination (and info) could you pls post the final Harbin seeding of each team?

Like is ML a 1 seed, or is Ansonia still in front of them, so Marion's a 2 seed?

Good luck to all MAC teams - I hope we can be well represented in Canton in 6 weeks!!!
Go to Joe Eitel to look up Harbin points. ML is one and Ansonia is #2.

You can probably add Minster and New Bremen to that list. Can they win a state title in their division? Yes, as long as Marion Local's not in their division. When was the last time Minster or New Bremen won the MAC? What's everyone's record vs. ML or Coldwater since 2000?
DSJ would have made the playoffs in every other region in Div VII except 26 which surprisingly actually had ten more teams in it than Regs. 28 and 27. But even if we'd beaten NB we were out in 26.
So, just wondering what has been the talk around the BlueJays fans deciding to stay in the MAC ?

Many MAC schools likely felt the same way about DSJ in the late 90s through the late 00s. Things change. It’s not easy, but teams can be dethroned.

New Bremen was co champ in 1988 with Minster for the Cards only MAC championship. Minster last won the MAC in 2019 in a 3-way tie with Anna and Marion Local. Marion Local has a losing record vs Coldwater and Versailles (all time). Versailles dominated the series pre-Goodwin (yes coaches do matter a lot). Coldwater has a winning record vs all MAC schools I believe. Since 1999 (Goodwin) Marion Local is 13 - 13 vs Coldwater (including playoffs) DSJ is most likely 2nd with most wins vs Flyers in that time span.

Last edited:

2019 for the Cats for winning the MAC

New Bremen was co champ in 1988 with Minster for the Cards only MAC championship. Minster last won the MAC in 2019 in a 3-way tie with Anna and Marion Local. Marion Local has a losing record vs Coldwater and Versailles (all time). Versailles dominated the series pre-Goodwin (yes coaches do matter a lot). Coldwater has a winning record vs all MAC schools I believe. Since 1999 (Goodwin) Marion Local is 13 - 13 vs Coldwater (including playoffs) DSJ is most likely 2nd with most wins vs Flyers in that time span.
DSJ is 11-18 vs Marion Local under Goodwin but have lost 12 in a row. Minster was tri-champ in 2019 but I think their last title before that was 1989. New Bremen one title ever despite winning a couple state titles. When was the last time Marion Local and Coldwater did not finish top 3 in the MAC? Occasionally one of us sneaks into a tie for 3rd.

DSJ is 11-18 vs Marion Local under Goodwin but have lost 12 in a row. Minster was tri-champ in 2019 but I think their last title before that was 1989. New Bremen one title ever despite winning a couple state titles. When was the last time Marion Local and Coldwater did not finish top 3 in the MAC? Occasionally one of us sneaks into a tie for 3rd.
Last time the Flyers did not finish in the top 3 in the MAC would have been 2009 (3 - 5 ), for Coldwater probably in the 90's. In 2019 there was a 3-way tie for the MAC championship (3 teams with one league loss) Coldwater was 6 - 2 so either the Cavs finished 2nd or 4th in the league depending how you look at it.