Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

After last night's game vs Cedarville, ML's defense has now recorded 4 consecutive shutouts. Granted Minster probably should have scored vs ML in the Flyers 28 - 0 victory over the Cats.

Cats to play Adena who beat Parkway 37-0

First time I've watched Parkway outside of highlights on WOSN. They need a lot of work on line play on both sides of the ball. Felver was pretty solid for them tonight. Not sure what grade he was this year, but outside of the QB Rich who has raw arm strength Felver make nice plays, not much positive to say. There was no contain from the defensive end positions and the d line was just manhandled into the linebackers making their job difficult. Speed can be deceptive on livestreams, but it looked like they were just going through the motions compared to Adena.

First time I've watched Parkway outside of highlights on WOSN. They need a lot of work on line play on both sides of the ball. Felver was pretty solid for them tonight. Not sure what grade he was this year, but outside of the QB Rich who has raw arm strength Felver make nice plays, not much positive to say. There was no contain from the defensive end positions and the d line was just manhandled into the linebackers making their job difficult. Speed can be deceptive on livestreams, but it looked like they were just going through the motions compared to Adena.
so give the Cats a scouting report in Adena? also how big is Stadium?

so give the Cats a scouting report in Adena? also how big is Stadium?
Watched the livestream by Adena (search for "D44 Films" on YouTube. Not much different than other stadiums in this area. They just ran the ball all over Parkway up the middle and outside. They did hit a post route that was wide open for a touchdown. Parkway had a little success passing on Adena but not much. The OL didn't give Rich enough time or WR's would drop passes. They went for 2 every time except for the last score. On the PAT kick, it was successful, but barely over the cross bar. However, the snap was high and the holder did a good job grabbing it and the kicker had to hitch and boot. Announcers had said they could kick, but didn't really see any of it outside kick offs. As I said before, the Parkway performance wasn't great so it's hard to tell anything else. Adena knew they could push the Panthers DL around and just took advantage. Adena did have some dumb penalties on defense, and a few on offense that could have made a wider margin or running clock sooner.

Adena QB 12 (Sikes or Sites) is the main guy, believe it was 13 Brockport that had some good runs as well. Some passing to 11.

Last edited:
despite some tirnovers on the first half Cats, DEF stops a pretty good OFF team in AE , holding them to 6 points.....
Impressive big kat. As I said on the NWC board, never count minster out. Held clum to very little. I didn’t call the win, but I knew your team would keep it close. Two fourth quarter scores? Wore AE down.

Nixon had roughly 30 carries last night, while Albers had 8. Nixon ran hard last night and pretty much got 5-6 yards a carry it felt like. Defense played outstanding, I don’t know if I was expecting more from Clum and Crumrine, but I felt disappointed watching them. Clum got really shaken when there was pressure anywhere near him which led to a couple turnovers for the Cats. It was a great game just expected more from the AE offense. Adena I assume is pretty run heavy with Skyes at QB? He’s the only one I’ve heard of from Adena so I’m just taking a guess.

Nixon had roughly 30 carries last night, while Albers had 8. Nixon ran hard last night and pretty much got 5-6 yards a carry it felt like. Defense played outstanding, I don’t know if I was expecting more from Clum and Crumrine, but I felt disappointed watching them. Clum got really shaken when there was pressure anywhere near him which led to a couple turnovers for the Cats. It was a great game just expected more from the AE offense. Adena I assume is pretty run heavy with Skyes at QB? He’s the only one I’ve heard of from Adena so I’m just taking a guess.
Nixon will be a stud next season.

It was Sykes & Brockport last night. They did a lot of off tackle & power from different formations against Parkway. Though again, they quickly figured out they were going to be able to dominate the line of scrimmage easily. Not sure what they'd do against someone who could hold their own on the line of scrimmage. Sykes isn't Drew Kline escape artist, but he does have some open field speed and some shiftiness. They did some spread formations and some tight. They are pretty quick on defense in the 2nd & 3rd level, especially going to the outside to stop the run. They do appear to be vulnerable to the quick hitting pass and possibly some play action if any run game has success.

MAC Picks this coming weekend :
Coldwater 41 - Fort Recovery 21
New Bremen 28 - Saint Henry 7
Versailles 20 - CHCA 7
Adena 28 - Minster 13
ML 48 New Miami 6

side note:

Centerville, with its approximately 350 girls/grade, was the top school in the 8-team GWOC in volleyball this year. I think they were outright champs, but not sure.

On Friday Oct 16, the Lady Elks traveled up to Shelby County to take on the tiny Russia Raiders - and lost in 4 sets!!

side note:

Centerville, with its approximately 350 girls/grade, was the top school in the 8-team GWOC in volleyball this year. I think they were outright champs, but not sure.

On Friday Oct 16, the Lady Elks traveled up to Shelby County to take on the tiny Russia Raiders - and lost in 4 sets!!
Too bad Russia don't have a football team. The Frogs could whip up on the Elks.

Should be a good game. Minster will need, IMO to keep it low scoring to win, outside of Nixon not a lot of offensive weapons.
actually the Cats have had kids step up and play in the past couple of weeks.... the Line has grown up, some recievers have improved... it's just not Nixon, you can't win in that offense if the QB is the only one doing his thing.....