Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

If I had to pick one QB to lead the Cavaliers over the years I would have to go with Mr. Hoying. I know, Keith Wenning was amazing throwing the ball but as the HS level, BH skills were just second to none in CW.
Both were the perfect QB at the perfect time in Coldwater's history. Keith had an incredible receiving corp to throw to...and Brody just needed to get the ball from the center.

any news on Marion Local finding a week 2 opponent?
I haven't been following this whole thread so forgive me if this is redundant, but New Miami appears to have an opening that week. With a new coach and the beating from NB last year they may not be interested but would be a good matchup. Also, a super solid program outside of Marion, Indiana called Eastbrook appears to have an opening that week. They've been to two straight 2A state finals and are just "a program". Always seem to be good. Less than an hour and a half from ML. Just go up to Hwy 29 in Celina, head west, an hour later you're at the school. Would be better competition than Woodlan was. Would absolutely be a must-see.

I haven't been following this whole thread so forgive me if this is redundant, but New Miami appears to have an opening that week. With a new coach and the beating from NB last year they may not be interested but would be a good matchup. Also, a super solid program outside of Marion, Indiana called Eastbrook appears to have an opening that week. They've been to two straight 2A state finals and are just "a program". Always seem to be good. Less than an hour and a half from ML. Just go up to Hwy 29 in Celina, head west, an hour later you're at the school. Would be better competition than Woodlan was. Would absolutely be a must-see.

Eastbrook would do better than Woodlan did the past two seasons. Woodlan scheduled this at the wrong time. The two or three seasons before they played Marion Local, they would have done much better. Still don't believe they would have beaten ML but would have been better games. That is how I see Eastbrook faring though as well. Eastbrook is a great program in EC Indiana. However, they are no match if ML is rolling. This last championship appearance for Eastbrook, they were beaten soundly by Western Boone. The year before was closer, but I put ML in the Western Boone category and maybe even better than them.

Eastbrook would do better than Woodlan did the past two seasons. Woodlan scheduled this at the wrong time. The two or three seasons before they played Marion Local, they would have done much better. Still don't believe they would have beaten ML but would have been better games. That is how I see Eastbrook faring though as well. Eastbrook is a great program in EC Indiana. However, they are no match if ML is rolling. This last championship appearance for Eastbrook, they were beaten soundly by Western Boone. The year before was closer, but I put ML in the Western Boone category and maybe even better than them.
I agree it would be a tall order for Eastbrook. I think most years ML would handle WeBo with no problem, too, but the point is simply that if both teams have a hole to fill, and don't want to just fill it with any old scrub that needs a game, this would be a solid get for both schools.

New Miami would get beat by 60 points no offense. That isn't a matchup for them. Does Eastbrook have an open week 3 game?

New Miami would get beat by 60 points no offense. That isn't a matchup for them. Does Eastbrook have an open week 3 game?
I don't know how far along anyone is in their scheduling. I don't usually pay attention until summer, but according to a couple of sources they only have three games set in stone, apparently. Nothing on Sept. 4. That may be the start of their conference season and the conference hasn't finalized everything?? Especially with schools being shut down right now, who knows how accurate any of these are. John Harrell's Homestead site and MaxPreps are the two I saw earlier today.

I don't know how far along anyone is in their scheduling. I don't usually pay attention until summer, but according to a couple of sources they only have three games set in stone, apparently. Nothing on Sept. 4. That may be the start of their conference season and the conference hasn't finalized everything?? Especially with schools being shut down right now, who knows how accurate any of these are. John Harrell's Homestead site and MaxPreps are the two I saw earlier today.
I usually trust homestead. I don't trust Maxpreps.

I did see that they have only 3 games on the schedule but there's no open week in red beside the name

New Miami wants nothing to do with Marion. I was at the New Bremen game last year and said then that they would not have won a single game in the MAC. They live in a world where they believe they are elite, but they are not.

In all seriousness, how would this work? If, say, New Miami decided it would be better to play nine games than play ML and get smoked, even if they went 9-0 the rest of the way, how does that work for the playoffs? Not to say if NM doesn't pick up ML that they won't pick up somebody, but I'm still trying to figure out the computer points thing and would like some insight on that.

In all seriousness, how would this work? If, say, New Miami decided it would be better to play nine games than play ML and get smoked, even if they went 9-0 the rest of the way, how does that work for the playoffs? Not to say if NM doesn't pick up ML that they won't pick up somebody, but I'm still trying to figure out the computer points thing and would like some insight on that.

Last year New Miami essentially did play 9 games, as one of their opponents was a club team that didn’t count in figuring the computer points. They finished with a Harbin average of 18.59, which was plenty good for 1st in their region. Had they played, say, Marion Local and lost, their Harbin average would have been 16.64 and they would have finished 2nd in their division.

So yes, it’s a benefit points-wise to play 9 games rather than schedule a likely loss. However, I’m of the belief that you can learn from a loss, especially to a state power that can give you a look at where you want your program to be. I’ve always admired teams like Covington and Fort Loramie which have put MAC teams on their schedule when they didn’t have to. As a added benefit, top-tier MAC teams travel very well, and I haven’t met an AD that didn’t like a full visitors’ stands.

Fort Recovery is looking for an assistant coach if anyone is interested. I think it is optimistic to think we will play football this year the way people are talking.

This video honestly feels like a funeral. 8 kids who wont get the shot at state title #8. At least 2 of the kids will get to play baseball again. Still doesn't make it any easier.

I feel really bad for the H.S. senior's. who play spring sports, esp. those that don't play winter or fall sports. But it is for their safety, oh wait tell me once again how many people under the age of 20 have died from the bat virus in Ohio. But they have to learn that life is not fair, and that big brother knows best. Can't play spring sports but people ( including our senior residents ) can go to Wal - Mart ( the bat virus does not infect Wal - Mart ) and make Wally World huge record profits. Plus make Jeff Bezos another 100 billion dollars or more that is what is important in life.

I feel really bad for the H.S. senior's. who play spring sports, esp. those that don't play winter or fall sports. But it is for their safety, oh wait tell me once again how many people under the age of 20 have died from the bat virus in Ohio. But they have to learn that life is not fair, and that big brother knows best. Can't play spring sports but people ( including our senior residents ) can go to Wal - Mart ( the bat virus does not infect Wal - Mart ) and make Wally World huge record profits. Plus make Jeff Bezos another 100 billion dollars or more that is what is important in life.
It's not the number of 20 year olds that have died that's important, and that's so off base, it's unreal.

The question is: Should we needlessly expose children, and then in turn their parents, siblings, grandparents, etc...to a deadly virus to ensure they get to play a baseball/softball/track season? The answer is no.

Don't forget to watch Dewine's daily briefing at 2pm.

It's not the number of 20 year olds that have died that's important, and that's so off base, it's unreal.

The question is: Should we needlessly expose children, and then in turn their parents, siblings, grandparents, etc...to a deadly virus to ensure they get to play a baseball/softball/track season? The answer is no.
Once again old people stay the F^^^ home same with people who have bad immune systems. Instead old people like myself and people with immune deficiencies are still working, why is that ? Because big brother really doesn't give a damn about our well being. Why are big corp.'s still running because King Mike is on their payroll. If you are so concerned about children's health than according to people like you we should shut sports down every fall and winter because children do die from the flu. But that is different isn't it.

Once again old people stay the F^^^ home same with people who have bad immune systems. Instead old people like myself and people with immune deficiencies are still working, why is that ? Because big brother really doesn't give a damn about our well being. Why are big corp.'s still running because King Mike is on their payroll. If you are so concerned about children's health than according to people like you we should shut sports down every fall and winter because children do die from the flu. But that is different isn't it.
Again, you're so off base. There are precautions for the flu. There are treatments for the flu. We know the flu is coming, and have literally decades of science and research to fight it.

We've got nothing for this right now. We have to stop the spread. How do you stop the spread? You stay home. And little Jimmy doesn't get to play baseball this year. The kids have taken this situation so much better than adults, and it's staggering.

You're wrong that big brother doesn't really give a damn about your well being. They need you to pay taxes so they can have your money for their salaries and to spend how they wish.

This video honestly feels like a funeral. 8 kids who wont get the shot at state title #8. At least 2 of the kids will get to play baseball again. Still doesn't make it any easier.

Yeah,
It wasnt until this that it truly hit me. The line of cars reminds me of the end of Field of Dreams.

It sucks for all seniors, no doubt about that. All seniors want to go out with a bang, and this group wanted a chance to defend their crown.
Some places the cancelling of baseball is no big deal, but for the Cavaliers it sucks.

Big time.

Please address him correctly, as he is our elected leader.

Supreme Leader DeWine, and his sidekick Dr. Doom.

I talked out of turn didn't I ? I must remind myself I have nothing but spindly limbs and a dream, and the State has no use for my kind.

Again, you're so off base. There are precautions for the flu. There are treatments for the flu. We know the flu is coming, and have literally decades of science and research to fight it.

We've got nothing for this right now. We have to stop the spread. How do you stop the spread? You stay home. And little Jimmy doesn't get to play baseball this year. The kids have taken this situation so much better than adults, and it's staggering.

You're wrong that big brother doesn't really give a damn about your well being. They need you to pay taxes so they can have your money for their salaries and to spend how they wish.
Of course anyone who disagrees with King DeWine, Supreme Leader, or My Fuhrer ( whatever his official title is ) is off base. Only big brother knows what is best for us. Foolish Americans we have no idea how to keep ourselves safe from the bat flu or anything else that comes our way, thank goodness big brother is their to take care of us all from cradle to grave.

Of course kids are going to take it better than the adults. They dont have to worry about providing for their families, or the future beyond this week.

Kids are used to stipulations and dont fully understand the freedom's we have, had, as Americans.