Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Don't sleep on Marion Local. They may have graduated a lot, but the same thing was said in 2015 that the talent dried up and we were no good. Then we ended up back at state and would have won if not for careless mistakes. Also, that Otte kid is good, but hes not their only kid, they've got a couple Bulls at running back even if they dont look like it. Also, watch out for their LB, they played phenomenal against that Kirtland line, and one of them that rotated in, that Heitkamp kid blocked a punt. The offense just couldn't capitalize when given the chance.

so how is the Bruns boy?

Speaking of BB. I was able to catch a CW game. Came away impressed with their Bruns kid. Any particular reason he didn't play football? He definitely has the stature and competitiveness to have been a major contributor. Just wondering.

Speaking of BB. I was able to catch a CW game. Came away impressed with their Bruns kid. Any particular reason he didn't play football? He definitely has the stature and competitiveness to have been a major contributor. Just wondering.
Not sure. I know he's always been a gym rat. He was in the
gym even when I was in youth basketball. He played Tight End in Junior high

Not sure. I know he's always been a gym rat. He was in the
gym even when I was in youth basketball. He played Tight End in Junior high

Nothing wrong with following what your passionate about. I was thinking he would've made a nice DE. But I also think he could've been a punisher running the ball.

Nothing wrong with following what your passionate about. I was thinking he would've made a nice DE. But I also think he could've been a punisher running the ball.

Exactly.
Only the kid knows what he really wants to do and has a passion to work at.

Cannot fault the kid for following what he wants to do.

I have see many a kid choose paths that I had wished was different but man the kids gotta do what they love.
One was somewhat recently. Ran into a baseball scout I know who was local checking out some talent. Said to me "I was really wanting your (player), I think he would be in the big leagues right now but he chose football".

Didn't CW have a WR go out for football this year who hadn't played in a number of years so it is possible this kid could play it at some point in his HS career.

Exactly.

I have see many a kid choose paths that I had wished was different but man the kids gotta do what they love.
One was somewhat recently. Ran into a baseball scout I know who was local checking out some talent. Said to me "I was really wanting your (player), I think he would be in the big leagues right now but he chose football".

Didn't CW have a WR go out for football this year who hadn't played in a number of years so it is possible this kid could play it at some point in his HS career.

I could be wrong but Im thinking Bruns is a senior...

Couldn't agree more about Your point about letting kids following what they love. I always wondered if I did the right thing with my own daughter. Her passion was softball. I knew she had some speed... Had her run some AAU track to see how well she competed and it was evident she had decent potential. I told her what my opinion was but let her chose. Truthfully though, there wasn't a choice. She trusted me and my opinion and was gonna do what I thought was in her best interest. She didn't hate track. She loved to compete but softball was her love. She went on to have a successful HS track career and earn a partial D1 scholarship. In college, she ran into some adversity with injuries/health issues. Nothing serious. But with the D1 academic and athletic demands in addition to battling her health, I didn't feel she had the passion or desire to overcome long term setbacks. That was part of the equation I never considered back when I initially gave her my opinion. Shes never said she regretted giving up softball, but she wouldn't. Sorry for the rant, Feel like Im in therapy or a confession booth.

I could be wrong but Im thinking Bruns is a senior...

Couldn't agree more about Your point about letting kids following what they love. I always wondered if I did the right thing with my own daughter. Her passion was softball. I knew she had some speed... Had her run some AAU track to see how well she competed and it was evident she had decent potential. I told her what my opinion was but let her chose. Truthfully though, there wasn't a choice. She trusted me and my opinion and was gonna do what I thought was in her best interest. She didn't hate track. She loved to compete but softball was her love. She went on to have a successful HS track career and earn a partial D1 scholarship. In college, she ran into some adversity with injuries/health issues. Nothing serious. But with the D1 academic and athletic demands in addition to battling her health, I didn't feel she had the passion or desire to overcome long term setbacks. That was part of the equation I never considered back when I initially gave her my opinion. Shes never said she regretted giving up softball, but she wouldn't. Sorry for the rant, Feel like Im in therapy or a confession booth.

Correct.

Exactly.

Yes Cole Frilling.

Exactly.

so who was the boy ?

Rutledge Gone

Parkway should either drop football or get out of the MAC. You can't build a program if you are changing coaches every one or two years. Again, coaches quit after the first of the year rather than at the end of season so they are two months behind in finding some one. Playing the murders row schedule will not get them out of the hole.
School board just signed a contract to replace the football stands and press box so I guess they are financially committed to the program.
I don't see this squad getting any better for the forseeable future no matter who they hire as coach.

Parkway should either drop football or get out of the MAC. You can't build a program if you are changing coaches every one or two years. Again, coaches quit after the first of the year rather than at the end of season so they are two months behind in finding some one. Playing the murders row schedule will not get them out of the hole.
School board just signed a contract to replace the football stands and press box so I guess they are financially committed to the program.
I don't see this squad getting any better for the forseeable future no matter who they hire as coach.

I disagree.

The resurgence of Ft Recovery and Minster (who was down and out for quite awhile) are proof that there is hope for them.

I think despite their record you could see the improvement in Parkway already last year.

This coach is only leaving because he is accepting a position at Mississippi, coaching with Rich Rodrigues. He would have had Parkway competitive in a few more years. It is sad for Parkway to lose him, but a great opportunity for the coach.

I disagree.

The resurgence of Ft Recovery and Minster (who was down and out for quite awhile) are proof that there is hope for them.

Yeah, how long have the coaches at Minster and Ft. Recovery been there?
More than two years? There was some hope when the Titanic sank and look how that turned out.

I think despite their record you could see the improvement in Parkway already last year.

This coach is only leaving because he is accepting a position at Mississippi, coaching with Rich Rodrigues. He would have had Parkway competitive in a few more years. It is sad for Parkway to lose him, but a great opportunity for the coach.

Rutledge has followed Rodriques throughout his career from college. Got to jump on those coattails.
Would've, could've, should've. Hey, guess what, Parkway gets to start all over again.

The question I have is why are all these coaches leaving? Is the parents, politics, lack of competitiveness? Parkway deserves some stability.

Yeah, how long have the coaches at Minster and Ft. Recovery been there?
More than two years? There was some hope when the Titanic sank and look how that turned out.

Remember what Andy Dufresne says about hope "hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Just because no one has stayed at PW doesn't mean they should get out of the league. There were grumblings by locals wanting FR and Min to leave as well.

If they can find someone who stays, they have a chance to turn it around.

Remember what Andy Dufresne says about hope "hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Just because no one has stayed at PW doesn't mean they should get out of the league. There were grumblings by locals wanting FR and Min to leave as well.

If they can find someone who stays, they have a chance to turn it around.

two guys sitting at BUDS saying Minster should leave.....is not grumblings....it's too many Miller Lites….

that NEVER reached anybody in the administration or the school board, or Coaches wanting to leave.....other sports at Minster has done very well over the years.....:thumb:

two guys sitting at BUDS saying Minster should leave.....is not grumblings....it's too many Miller Lites….

that NEVER reached anybody in the administration or the school board, or Coaches wanting to leave.....other sports at Minster has done very well over the years.....:thumb:

Never said it did. There were a number of people throwing it out there that maybe they should do so but the more sensible people, like myself, always called bunk on it and told them to just go out and work harder.

And they followed my lead.

So, in a way, Minster's resurgence started with me.
Amazing. Put myself and Coach Cramer on the same coaching staff and the sky is the limit!

Never said it did. There were a number of people throwing it out there that maybe they should do so but the more sensible people, like myself, always called bunk on it and told them to just go out and work harder.

And they followed my lead.

So, in a way, Minster's resurgence started with me.
Amazing. Put myself and Coach Cramer on the same coaching staff and the sky is the limit!

would you have advised Cramer back in the day to take the Team on the bus to the Korner after you beat Coldwater( I think that is who they beat) and have the team march thru the bar?

IMO I'd say no to dropping football but as for leaving the MAC, Parkway is going to have to do what is best for Parkway. If that means staying in the MAC and trying to work harder in all sports and not just football or jumping ship to the Northwest Conference where they probably would compete. Heck Parkway could've won the Northwest Central Conference last year. Parkway wont be down forever but the constant coaching changes isn't going to keep talent in the program.

2 questions.

1. Does Parkway lose kids to other schools (Crestview, SA, AC, Etc)?

2. When is their application deadline?

1. Does Parkway lose kids to other schools (Crestview, SA, AC, Etc)?

Bout the only question I can take a stab to answer.

My guess is they aren't losing much (if any) to SA and/or AC. The State Line is a pretty hard boundary with a lot more hoops to jump through than your average bordering school districts in Ohio, when it comes to cross enrollment.
I take my context clues from FR and JC. The communities are closer in both relations and proximity (than Parkway and the Adams Co. schools) but it's rare that either school takes kids without having to actually move across the boarder, which does happen often. If there are athletes from the PW school district playing for the Starfires or Jets, they probably moved to their district.

If anything I'm guessing Crestview, Celina or even Spencerville and/or Van Wert are the schools taking the students in question.

Bout the only question I can take a stab to answer.

My guess is they aren't losing much (if any) to SA and/or AC. The State Line is a pretty hard boundary with a lot more hoops to jump through than your average bordering school districts in Ohio, when it comes to cross enrollment.
I take my context clues from FR and JC. The communities are closer in both relations and proximity (than Parkway and the Adams Co. schools) but it's rare that either school takes kids without having to actually move across the boarder, which does happen often. If there are athletes from the PW school district playing for the Starfires or Jets, they probably moved to their district.

If anything I'm guessing Crestview, Celina or even Spencerville and/or Van Wert are the schools taking the students in question.

The last article I saw on Parkway on out of district transfers was a GAIN of nearly 100 kids who don't reside in the district.