Midland Redskins

Don't have that. But you should know that things have changed with that org. Last year the Hayden family sold the team to a gentleman from St. Louis who owns the Bandits. They have a nice web page but it does not have details.

Don't have that. But you should know that things have changed with that org. Last year the Hayden family sold the team to a gentleman from St. Louis who owns the Bandits. They have a nice web page but it does not have details.
How so? I remember growing up they would have the top local talent then around the 2nd week in June they would add around 5-10 out of town kids to stay with host families

So for a number of years now, the Redskins were what I would call a cutthroat 18u amateur baseball club. The did some traveling, played in some huge, highly competitive tourneys and showcased players to major league teams. It was all free to the players and their families. Other clubs that I would put in this category would be the Chi-Town Cream and the Ohio Warhawks. By the end of the summer season, some these players have been drafted and are negotiating contracts. The potential down side to being on these clubs is that if you struggled you might be cut... in season. Anyway, Midland mitigated some of the travel by having their own facility and hosting round robins. The Redskins were at one time made up of mostly local guys but over the years, the majority would be out of town players supplemented by some local players. However, to make up for this reality, they added a local only 18u team that played many of the same teams that the Redskins played and in fact if players performed well enough, they would be added to the Redskins roster for New Mexico. This team was called the Redhawks. During the covid summer, the owners of Midland (who were incredibly risk averse.. duh Insurance people), almost did not have a season and in fact did not have a Redskin team nor allowed any of their elite teams to travel outside of the city. So they found a willing buyer and sold the program. My understanding is that a lot of the old coaches have retired or moved on and although the new owner is trading heavily on the Midland brand, the organization has changed.

It seems that the new owner is running things very similar to how thigs are run down south. Many players on different teams, then moving players around for specific events according to skill and performance. The Redskins are still cut-throat with players local and from all over the country. The CABA WORLD SERIES is the focus of effort with them.

Elected talent?? Different Owners usually have different ideas for whatever business they are in that they are going to try and see how things go. You know they go with ways and methods they are familiar with.
Relax dude lol it was a typo. Elite talent. I was cruising by after work the other day and the skins or braves were practicing and I saw license plates from Canada New Mexico Florida and Illinois to name a few. I don’t think you’re coming that far if you’re subpar.

It seems that the new owner is running things very similar to how thigs are run down south. Many players on different teams, then moving players around for specific events according to skill and performance. The Redskins are still cut-throat with players local and from all over the country. The CABA WORLD SERIES is the focus of effort with them.
How about the AABC Connie Mack World Series in Farmington? Pretty sure that was their focus. Been there numerous times.