Middletown transfers..

member1

There some rumors going around that the Middies may get three high level transfers in from the Dayton area. Any truth to this? Some one from Middie land chime in???:Ohno:

They will need a few transfers if they want to have any success at all next year. They lost 75% of their scoring on a below average team and have little to no experience or talent returning. I like the new coach but he was given an empty cupboard other than Snow who graduated.

i heard the same information. a trotwood player and a player from dunbar was what i heard. had not heard who the third might be.
There some rumors going around that the Middies may get three high level transfers in from the Dayton area. Any truth to this? Some one from Middie land chime in???:Ohno:

I saw it announced on Twitter yesterday that Myles Belyeu was leaving Trotwood and going to Middletown. Haven't seen or heard of any others yet.

Why do you all think a guy who could play can automatically coach? This guy was terrible last year his players got worse offensively. He is one of those boys who will only win if he got all the players.
What happened to Princeton Coach?

Why do you all think a guy who could play can automatically coach? This guy was terrible last year his players got worse offensively. He is one of those boys who will only win if he got all the players.

I heard Leon Ellison resigned. I do not know if that is true. I hope not

I attended a game and he was not even sitting on the bench.

Wasn't Baker removed from AD?

Baker is till the AD, there is a whole thread about the DPS fiasco. Find it and catch up. Interesting read.

On another note, heard the Beylue(sp?) kid played with Middletown and Trotwood some during the summer open period. I'm assuming this is not any type of violation because it happens where kids play with different teams in the summer? The info I received is that he is leaning towards transferring Middletown but it is not sign and sealed yet. Don't know about the two Dunbar kids. This would fix Hoskins problem for a year but ultimately he is going to have to have some talent to win and transferring to Middletown is not always going to be the best option for kids from the city to go elsewhere. Just too far I would think, but who knows these days.. Transferring of students at this point, I am ready to say it has gotten out of control, not just here nation wide. It really seems to have no end to the possibilities of how it could be done. I read an article earlier this year about a kid that went to 4 different HS by the end of his Junior year. Nuts! Wherever those kids go, good luck! I would think it would be wise to finish out what they had especially when you just made a run to Columbus, but hey it seems logic sometimes is out of the picture.

Here is good read on just how nuts this transferring thing is.

http://interactives.dallasnews.com/2015/on-the-move/

Not that this will ever happen, but I am being told there is some discussion among coaching associations and the OHSAA about making a 1 season ban on any high school transfer after 8th grade. The only exception would be if a change in residence took place of more than 50 miles.

Whoa buddy! That would be interesting. Middle School games would look like AAU tournaments. Bunch of HS coaches hawking 16 year old 8th grader little Johnny. "Hey kid, you can play. Where's your mom?!" Might hurt more then help..

Not that this will ever happen, but I am being told there is some discussion among coaching associations and the OHSAA about making a 1 season ban on any high school transfer after 8th grade. The only exception would be if a change in residence took place of more than 50 miles.

The 50 mile rule is in place now but let's face it gentlemen it's a different world now...M1, Myles also played with Thurgood Marshall this summer. :shrug:

Whoa buddy! That would be interesting. Middle School games would look like AAU tournaments. Bunch of HS coaches hawking 16 year old 8th grader little Johnny. "Hey kid, you can play. Where's your mom?!" Might hurt more then help..

That is how the Dayton Public league is. All of the schools are possibly destinations for the feeder schools in the city so many times they have to go out and recruit 8th graders. It was, ironically, one of the reasons that Hoskins gave for leaving Thurgood Marshall. He wanted a dedicated feeder program and not have to go out recruiting every year.

I really don't understand these parents thinking... Myles transferring from a state contender to play for a team that won less than 10 games. I kinda understand the 2 Dunbar kids thinking from the standpoint of Who is gonna be our coach??? At the same time those kids already have D1 offers and playing for Middletown probably doesn't enhance those kids offers.

I really don't understand these parents thinking... Myles transferring from a state contender to play for a team that won less than 10 games. I kinda understand the 2 Dunbar kids thinking from the standpoint of Who is gonna be our coach??? At the same time those kids already have D1 offers and playing for Middletown probably doesn't enhance those kids offers.

Of course it's not right. Hoskins been talkin to there parents for two years. Not exactly coaching.

The 50 mile rule is in place now but let's face it gentlemen it's a different world now...M1, Myles also played with Thurgood Marshall this summer. :shrug:

Where would that be written? As of now, moving across the street into another districts boundary is permitted.

That would spell the end of the OHSAA! The defeat in court would open up the entire state. They keep lowering the penalty because they know they can't defend it in a court.

A friend of mine was at a summer camp in Dayton & said 2 Dunber & 1 Trotwood player did play with the Middies at this camp. The middies won 3 games by 20+ point (Moeller & Olentangy Liberty were 2 of them) and lost to Upper Arlington & Dane Goodwin. He said Goodwin was outstanding !!! UD or OSU both could have used him.

Remember, OHSAA is a membership. They would not need the courts to decline membership.

The Tennessee HS association has already fought and lost this at the state Supreme Court level. What would/will happen in this event is that the legislature would fold the OHSAA into the ODE and it would REALLY be the wild, Wild West!

The Tennessee HS association has already fought and lost this at the state Supreme Court level. What would/will happen in this event is that the legislature would fold the OHSAA into the ODE and it would REALLY be the wild, Wild West!

Having the court overturn a member's discipline for a violation is different than not allowing membership to the association.

Trotwood Rumor flying

I think I read on here it was one Trotwood player. The player I am hearing is Myles! This would be a huge loss for Trotwood with an already loaded D2 now in Southwest Ohio. I also heard there is a 4th player transferring, the star Freshman from Stivers (name escapes me). But I heard Hoskins is really trying to assemble a high school version of a "super team"

I hope Myles stays, the Trotwood community, players and coaching staff talk very highly of him. I don't know what he would gain from Transferring to Middletown that he cant get at Trotwood. Myles and Amari Davis would be a great duo along with the Young guys Sammy and Carl. Justin is a solid big man down low also. Leaves you scratching your head but I am sure it will work itself out. Rocky please fight for our players.

GO RAMS!