Michigan

Speight hasn't inspired much confidence thus far but I expect the passing game to improve as the season goes on and he develops more chemistry with the new WRs and TEs.

Air Force is coming to town this week and it should be another multi-TD win. They are always a tough team to prepare for, but I don't think they have one of their better squads this year.

As an outsider that's watched quite a bit of the first two Michigan games, Speight's play will determine how the season goes. The defense is good enough to get them through the Big Ten and into the playoff IMO.

warren1st, JH is going to start earning his paycheck now. WS, man I don't know about him. Do you think O'Korn is any better? Getting late to play around with the QB now.

warren1st, JH is going to start earning his paycheck now. WS, man I don't know about him. Do you think O'Korn is any better? Getting late to play around with the QB now.

If O'Korn was the better option he'd be playing. He clearly has enough deficiencies in his game to prevent him from seeing the field.

I think the play-calling will play a big role in Speight's/the offense's success going forward. Considering the offense has only scored 5 offensive touchdowns in 3 games (with two of those games against opponents they were huge favorites over), there clearly is an issue with consistently moving the ball and converting in the red zone- which should all come back to the OC imo.

Tarik Black with foot surgery. Don't know the severity but I'd imagine that knocks him out for most, if not all, the year. Feet injuries are hard to come back from without lots of time off.

I think the bigger concern for the UM offense is the play of the OL, in particular the right side.

I think O'Korn deserves to be the starting QB after today's performance. Four times in the Red Zone and 4 TDs! Is much more mobile than Speight but JH has an affinity for Speight so we shall see.....

I think O'Korn deserves the shot. Why wasn't there a flag, late hit or roughing the passer on WS injury? He looked clearly down when #7 plowed into his back.

Yep, the guy looked like a Mack truck running over the downed Speight. I'm surprised Purdue was so dirty. "Can't beat'em, beat 'em up!"

Two targeting calls and two chop blocks, not good. One of the targeting came when the offensive player crouched down, effectively putting his head where the hit was. This needs to change on the rule. See way too many go down that way. One on Purdue's Anthrop by Michigan, pretty clear, not called. Does the "dirty" go both ways?

Brohm addressed it. I think/hope it was only over enthusisam and not a culture pushed. From Brohn's response, I think that unlikely.

I'm still not sold on Purdue's "trick play" offense but regardless, Michigan showed a solid defense and maybe because of injury, found the QB they'll need to challenge for the BCS invite.

Is Michigan the 3rd best team in the Big Ten East, or the 4th?

Discuss.

Well if tOSU beats them 4th is probably the right spot seeing that MSU & PSU already beat them. Also, if the idiot IU coach didn't have a brain fart on 1st and goal from the 3 in OT there could be a discussion that they are 5th in the B1G East.

There are pieces parts for Harbough to work with in Ann Arbor but that OL and QB spots are killing him. His OL recruits look like great B1G players circa 1997 instead of 2017, they are big but nonathletic and they have trouble with quicker DL that you now see in NCAA football. Also his QBs look and play just like he did, which would be OK if it was the 1980s. That type of QB works if you have a once in a generational player like Luck but even another pro style offensive guy like Saban has figured out you need to have some wheels these days at QB.

That's interesting. As far as I know, anyone who isn't a to-be senior has to still abide by regular transfer rules. I'm not sure of his draft prospects but it might be better for him to just stay.

Jason LaCanfora believes there is a pretty good chance that Jim Harbaugh will ditch that slut Ann Arbor before she dumps him. He thinks Harbaugh may be hired by the Browns.

Always remember, as his brother John said, "Jim doesn't have an enormous jaw. He just has a scrawny neck."!

tenor.gif

Harbaugh would be pretty in demand if he elected to go back to the NFL, zero reason he'd join Cleveland, the most incompetent team top to bottom in league history

Wouldn't he have to sit out? And isn't the Peters kid only a Freshman? Why not give him a chance to develop?

With how bad their QB situation ended up being this year IMO there isn't a problem with creating some competition at the position.

As far as I know, anyone who isn't a to-be senior has to still abide by regular transfer rules.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...t-know-ole-miss-transfer-situation/923839001/

With the two-year postseason ban, rising seniors can transfer without penalty. Players with multiple years left of eligibility have to go through the normal transfer process.

It does seem that Harbaugh is so desperate for players that he's hopping on a plane at the drop of a hat to get these Ole Miss guys. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/RivalsChase/status/938085920607232000/photo/1

It's hard to believe he hasn't been able to recruit a decent QB in three years up north. It looks like the only QB recruit he has coming in next year is comparable to.......Speight. lol

In terms of possibly going back to the NFL I think he would go back to whoever backed up the biggest Brinks truck. I'm thinking the Giants are a possibility.

Harbaugh would be pretty in demand if he elected to go back to the NFL, zero reason he'd join Cleveland, the most incompetent team top to bottom in league history

This is really a pretty stupid post, but not at all surprising considering the source :D

Given the picks that Sashi hasn't screwed up so far and all the cap space, what does past performance have to do with future prospects in the right paradigm ? Not much. Did you miss Haslam's sale of PFJ ? Got cash.

Harbaugh would obviously be willing to consider being King of All Football, and Haslam is primed to just throw up his hands and give it all to a Football Jesus - a role Harbaugh is dying to play. IF Haslam decides he wants him bad enough, he won't have to be chafing under a GM with a different view as he was in SF. He can have college HC power in the NFL.

If they arrived at a deal, then Harbaugh has a defense that is only missing a few key pieces, a solid O-line, a project/head case in Gordon that may be the best natural WR in the NFL, a nice utility back, some promising TEs, the number one QB prospect with maybe a solid FA QB besides as a bridge, and a rabid football fan base waiting to be rescued.

You can make all dumb jokes you want, but this could be the best available job in the NFL if Haslam has the brains to go Bob Kraft and enjoy the ride.

This is really a pretty stupid post, but not at all surprising considering the source :D

Given the picks that Sashi hasn't screwed up so far and all the cap space, what does past performance have to do with future prospects in the right paradigm ? Not much. Did you miss Haslam's sale of PFJ ? Got cash.

Harbaugh would obviously be willing to consider being King of All Football, and Haslam is primed to just throw up his hands and give it all to a Football Jesus - a role Harbaugh is dying to play. IF Haslam decides he wants him bad enough, he won't have to be chafing under a GM with a different view as he was in SF. He can have college HC power in the NFL.

If they arrived at a deal, then Harbaugh has a defense that is only missing a few key pieces, a solid O-line, a project/head case in Gordon that may be the best natural WR in the NFL, a nice utility back, some promising TEs, the number one QB prospect with maybe a solid FA QB besides as a bridge, and a rabid football fan base waiting to be rescued.

You can make all dumb jokes you want, but this could be the best available job in the NFL if Haslam has the brains to go Bob Kraft and enjoy the ride.

This is some severe delusion. A team that will (likely) go 1-31 over two years is the "best" job opening?