Mentor Football 2024

I saw on ESPN draft they list him as predicted to be undrafted free agent.
In other news will Trubisky get a contract from anyone? Or will he be heading to Canada or UFL?
I think Trubisky gets another shot to be an NFL backup. He was decent in Chicago, going 29-21 with 64 TDs and 37 INTs. He was a Pro Bowl alternate in 2019. He was not good in Pittsburgh, but had a terrible offensive coachig staff. If the Browns can't sign Flaco or Brissett, I wouldn't be shocked if they signed Mitch. The Browns really liked him in the 2017 draft and Andrew Berry was the vice president of player personnel at the time.

I think Trubisky gets another shot to be an NFL backup. He was decent in Chicago, going 29-21 with 64 TDs and 37 INTs. He was a Pro Bowl alternate in 2019. He was not good in Pittsburgh, but had a terrible offensive coachig staff. If the Browns can't sign Flaco or Brissett, I wouldn't be shocked if they signed Mitch. The Browns really liked him in the 2017 draft and Andrew Berry was the vice president of player personnel at the time.
That would be awesome if Browns signed him. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see him go back to Buffalo. The organization raved about his work ethic and likability as a teammate. He did not take any meaningful snaps there but he was loved by the coaching staff and teammates.

Mooney is now the co headcoach and offensive cordinator at strongsville
1709755604824.png

Here is what I posted earlier in the thread. By the end of next month I bet there will be a little more clarity from those close to the situation. I am not one of those. This is not the ultimate guide, but if we use the two deep from the last game notes, we can get an educated guess at the frontrunners.

DE: Julian Solis Class of 2025*
DT: Chase Coleman 2026
DE: Logan Holland 2026
LB: Spencer Baringer 2025*
LB: Caiden Clair 2025*
LB: Joey Weigel 2025
LB: ?
CB: Xavyion Dunn 2026*
CB: Tyler Stapleton 2025
FS: Drew Morgan 2026
SS: Gavin Briggs 2025

QB: Scotty Fox Class of 2025*
RB: Mason Coughlin 2025
WR: Austin Van Huss 2025*
WR: Justen Hodge 2026*
WR: Grant Cerny 2025*
WR: Marcus Sierputowski 2025*
LT: Landry Brede 2026*
LG:
C:
RG: Berk Demicri 2025*
RT: Jo Jo LoDuca 2026*

The following returning linemen were in the two deep in the playoff game: Colin Pritchard (6'4, 210 2026), Gabe LaSpina (6', 240 2026), Ben McWilliams (5'9, 200 2025), Tim Elly (5'11, 230 2025), Gibril McClendon (6'2, 240 2026)

*Returning Starter

Last edited:
Here is what I posted earlier in the thread. By the end of next month I bet there will be a little more clarity from those close to the situation. I am not one of those. This is not the ultimate guide, but if we use the two deep from the last game notes, we can get an educated guess at the frontrunners.

DE: Julian Solis Class of 2025*
DT: Chase Coleman 2026
DE: Logan Holland 2026
LB: Spencer Baringer 2025*
LB: Caiden Clair 2025*
LB: Joey Weigel 2026
LB: ?
CB: Xavyion Dunn 2026*
CB: Tyler Stapleton 2025
FS: Drew Morgan 2026
SS: Gavin Briggs 2025

QB: Scotty Fox Class of 2025*
RB: Mason Coughlin 2025
WR: Austin Van Huss 2025*
WR: Justen Hodge 2026*
WR: Grant Cerny 2025*
WR: Marcus Sierputowski 2025*
LT: Landry Brede 2026*
LG:
C:
RG: Berk Demicri 2025*
RT: Jo Jo LoDuca 2026*

The following returning linemen were in the two deep in the playoff game: Colin Pritchard (6'4, 210 2026), Gabe LaSpina (6', 240 2026), Ben McWilliams (5'9, 200 2025), Tim Elly (5'11, 230 2025), Gibril McClendon (6'2, 240 2026)

*Returning Starter
Here are a couple of adjustments , not sure if you are keeping this running ..

Add:
LB: Carson Wolk 26

Correction
Weigel is a 25

Ben McWilliams was next man up at Guard in late games last year , and I know he plays center as well so I think he takes one of those spots. Not sure on the other linemen.

Here are a couple of adjustments , not sure if you are keeping this running ..

Add:
LB: Carson Wolk 26

Correction
Weigel is a 25

Ben McWilliams was next man up at Guard in late games last year , and I know he plays center as well so I think he takes one of those spots. Not sure on the other linemen.
Heard Wolk might be going to DE.

Let me hopefully save everyone some strife..
7-5 would be incredible for this bunch. 5-7 more like it. Losing the kids and culture to Kirtland and Perry is not sustainable and likely at the point of no return.

Three players from the 2024 graduating class committed to play college sports.

1. Pierce - Baseball at Tri-C
2. Schenk - Football and Lacrosse at Mount Union
3. Shelley - Wrestling at Baldwin Wallace

Congratulations to them.

7-5 would be incredible for this bunch. 5-7 more like it. Losing the kids and culture to Kirtland and Perry is not sustainable and likely at the point of no return.
Mentor isnt losing kids to perry.

What are you talking about ?

Now that Massillon finally has a playoff state title, Mentor is on the hot seat, amongst the bigger schools. I noticed that Triv won over 200 games as head coach but no titles to his credit.

Wow, must be slow times in the trailer park or you trolls are trying to get your jabs in before the free internet gets cutoff. Starting early guys......
I live in a senior complex and don't care for Trump or any of his BLM supporters. Evidently you don't appreciate real fanatics.

Now that Massillon finally has a playoff state title, Mentor is on the hot seat, amongst the bigger schools. I noticed that Triv won over 200 games as head coach but no titles to his credit.
They are one of the largest schools in Ohio, had great feeder programs including at one point three middle schools and two youth football programs to draw from. They have excellent facilities and a highly supportive community. They have so many resources that other programs lack yet their lack of commitment to playing defense has denied them of a state title. Now the enrollment is in a decline and they only have two middle schools and one youth program to draw from. The private schools in the area are loaded or loading up again. Lake Catholic is again pulling students away from them. This past season they lost to a county public school nearly half their size.

I think it’s safe to say Mentor’s window for a title has closed!!

I live in a senior complex and don't care for Trump or any of his BLM supporters. Evidently you don't appreciate real fanatics.
You are a Wooster high school fan trolling Mentor in a Mentor thread. And you are surprised when people come back at you for it ?

Sorry but it's justified. Get a life. Worry about Wooster doing something. A school that lists 'speech and debate" under it's state titles while only having one title in golf for sports in 1980 should be the last to try to smack talk

Last edited:

Word of caution: Don't take on Mentor fb fans; they are pretty sharp and knowledgeable. It would be a losing battle.

Raffle seems to have gone well. Good job to the parents who volunteered and hope everyone enjoyed

100 years of Mentor football this year

You are a Wooster high school fan trolling Mentor in a Mentor thread. And you are surprised when people come back at you for it ?

Sorry but it's justified. Get a life. Worry about Wooster doing something. A school that lists 'speech and debate" under it's state titles while only having one title in golf for sports in 1980 should be the last to try to smack talk
I graduated from Wooster. I moved away from Wooster 35 years ago. If you want I can troll Solon and Licking Valley, or just sit on the opposite end of the JTO and annoy those fans with my cat calls.

I graduated from Wooster. I moved away from Wooster 35 years ago. If you want I can troll Solon and Licking Valley, or just sit on the opposite end of the JTO and annoy those fans with my cat calls.
You are a senior citizen acting like a 12 year old. Move on. Mentor has done plenty to be relevant which is why you are here. Nobody cares enough to troll crappy Wooster

As for your suggestions, do what you want away from here . We don't need this crap from you and a few others .

This thread is for Mentor football and our community. It's not for losers who get their rocks off insulting HS kids.

I was on the speech team for two years even though I only participated in four events and usually placed seventh. So I am proud of the program.