McNick this year?

i dont go to moeller buddy. haha i realize this is your first post so im not gonna say anything. ive been going to high school volleyball games for the last 6 years, played for the last 3, and realize that moeller is the best team in the state this year until they are proven not to be. no one said they would win every match in 3 games, i said they would beat mcnick in 3

McNick had trouble beating La Salle last year, winning in i believe 5 games and game point was won by McNick do to a questionable call. this is the same La Salle team that in the past two years has yet to beat Moeller in about 9 tries. McNick would at best only win one game and take the match to 4.

What was McNick's roster? Because last year they had like one senior? .. What about La salle's roster last year?

PS... McNick won in 4

Last edited:
lasalle was a majority of juniors last year, maybe 4 had prior varsity expierence and only 2 seniors who did not see much playing time. i may be wrong, but i read somewhere that McNick returns alot as well. But you have to remember so does Moe

i believe lasalle lost one starter from last year

im pretty sure mcnick returns all starters if not 5

dude you gotta chill out ok? they have kyle kane and a very talented libero
they arent that amazing, they are a solid team

why do i need to chill out, i am just stating an opinion. from watching past games, i'd have to say Moe would beat Mcnick most probably in 3, at the most lose only one game. McNick will be a very solid team this year no question about it

McNick will be very good next year but you have to remember who Moeller is returning. I dont even go to Moe but they are goin to be unreal as much as i dislike saying it. McNick may keep games decently close but i dont think they have the firepower to beat them even one game. I can definitely see McNick competing and taking a game or two off of teams like X, and Elder, and even beating some of the other region powerhouses like possibly Centerville. Im not guaranteeing it but im saying it could happen. Basically Moeller is a decent amount in front of every other school, but after that there is a huge pack for the second best team and i think it consists of X, Elder, then prolly McNick, Lasalle Centerville and other schools that may come out of nowhere

McNick will be very good next year but you have to remember who Moeller is returning. I dont even go to Moe but they are goin to be unreal as much as i dislike saying it. McNick may keep games decently close but i dont think they have the firepower to beat them even one game. I can definitely see McNick competing and taking a game or two off of teams like X, and Elder, and even beating some of the other region powerhouses like possibly Centerville. Im not guaranteeing it but im saying it could happen. Basically Moeller is a decent amount in front of every other school, but after that there is a huge pack for the second best team and i think it consists of X, Elder, then prolly McNick, Lasalle Centerville and other schools that may come out of nowhere

Very good post...I agree with all of that. By the way, La Salle returns all 7 starters.

mcnick returns their starting 7 plus their entire bench...last year was a learning experience for some of their underclassmen, so they could be dangerous...not to say they will beat moe, because moe is rediculous, but they will be very good...

I dont care how many players LaSalle returns. They didnt win a single game last year in the GCL south. They lost to McNick and finished terribly in most of their tournaments. If i were from LaSalle, i wouldnt be bragging about returning players. I would be hoping for new players. Meyer is decent and so are the two middles. Considering that running a middle requires decent passing LaSalle is screwed. Also McNick doesnt have a chance at beating Moeller in a game. Good luck getting 15 points in a game. Heres the question, will Moeller drop a game to anybody? Brandel, Meyer, Emming, Shings, Chandler, Cherry. All ranked #1 or #2 in their position.

pretty sure in any of the post on this thread was a single person bragging on how lasalle is. lasalle hasn't won a gcl match in 3 years. and last year at kilbourne lasalle came in 5th, no means is that a great finish but solid and in the only other tournament besides the state tournament, the indy cathedral tourny, lasalle won. so i'm not sure what you've heard on how lasalle finished in either tournament. but you are right about lasalle needing to improve its passing, but more importantly, to improve outside and weakside hitting percentages.

i dont see what all this hype is about. mcnick finished tied for 3rd in the gcl last year only in front of roger bacon and alter. While returning all their starters allow me to remind you that CJ lost 1 senior i think, Purcell lost 1 + a libero, Alter who is still a growing program lost 3 all gcl players, and Roger Bacon...who cares.

I guess my main question is why is so much hype surrounding a team that didn't play great volleyball last year? is it fair to make judgement this early as to how you will do?

There's no need to have a three page thread about moeller unless it is to discuss whether mcnick will score... 2, 3, or 4 points against them this year

im sure it was said to make the point that mcnick fans and/or players need to GET REAL

uhh we are real...we just think we are gonna be good this year. We aren't saying we are gonna come out and take down moeller or anything, but i'm pretty confident we will score more than 4 points.

Honestly smallvball, you can't completely reject a team unless you have vitual information to back it up with... so I'm pretty sure McNick players can get pretty hyped up about the season.. they should be excited for a pretty damn good season

Hamad will be the dominant ds in that position from what ive seen
Oberschmidt can jump but needs to work on not pulling the ball when he hits

This is only from what I've seen

ok may i tell you what i have seen?
ive played against mcnick for the last four years. i know that their only underclassmen talent is their libero hamad. he is a strong passer. I also know that their only senior talent is kyle kane. He knows how to swing with the best of them, he is a motivator and a leader. as seen in the past, teams who are built around 2 or even 3 people arent nearly as successful as teams built around 5 or 6

My post was simply in response to cinti12 trying to act like having a three page post was something special... You can have a three page post about anything if you make a brash statement and have people who disagree with you... It wasn't meant to put down McNick I know they'll be decent this year... I'm just saying don't act like a stupid thread makes a team any more or less important... and don't act like McNick can compete with Moeller...

ok may i tell you what i have seen?
ive played against mcnick for the last four years. i know that their only underclassmen talent is their libero hamad. he is a strong passer. I also know that their only senior talent is kyle kane. He knows how to swing with the best of them, he is a motivator and a leader. as seen in the past, teams who are built around 2 or even 3 people arent nearly as successful as teams built around 5 or 6

But this team isnt built around 2 people mcnick is gonna be startin 6 pretty strong players, and have a lot of depth on the bench as well.

My post was simply in response to cinti12 trying to act like having a three page post was something special... You can have a three page post about anything if you make a brash statement and have people who disagree with you... It wasn't meant to put down McNick I know they'll be decent this year... I'm just saying don't act like a stupid thread makes a team any more or less important... and don't act like McNick can compete with Moeller...

No we were just hear to discuss volleyball and in particular McNicks team/talent this year. If you dont like whats being said you dont have to make smart--- remarks just dont read the thread anymore. Works for me most of the time.

Kane = your only stud
Hamad = your only great passer
Middleton = Average

who else is on mcnick i just saw these were your all stars last year

and i agree with vball07, you have a chance to have a good year, but you will not compete with moeller

Garydos

Gary Bauer was really quiet during the club season in the summer
now he's playing for 16's of Attack
and he's improved a ton since last year, and now is a solid force in the middle

Yeah I think Mcnick is a decent team. Im the setter for Oak Hills and played them our first round of regionals and we lost in five games. They play well when their down. They were alright last year but I have yet to see there team this year. Im sure they will be good.